Plugin Contributions

Default Some customers not filling out required info. How?

I've been searching but can not find an answer, for some reason certain customers on signup are able to not fill in required fields and the registration page excepts it?
    I can not reproduce this, I have tried on many devices thinking perhaps was an apple thing or the way mobile devices work.
    so how is it some can skip this and some cant?, for many customers all the required info is there but I am still getting customers without complete data
    like salutation, phone, address
    please and thankyou....

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Some customers not filling out required info. How?

guess we cant edit our posts but wanted to add Im using version 1.51

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Did your customers create their accounts directly on your store, or by way of checkout with PayPal Express? PayPal only brings a certain amount of info back, so that might be how those few "bypassed" those required fields.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

some of these are accounts without any orders, cant say all were made via paypal checkout, unless they made an order, went to checkout and to paypal then cancelled the order? but I dont see any transactions like that, all I see is account registration and looks like at the site, but missing some of the required info
    we have tried a few more devices, we wrote to the customers and told them that some important information was missing some reply and go to their account and fill in the data, some just never answer or ever return
    so far I can not duplicate the problem, could this be a 'bot' registration?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by AndyIII View Post
    could this be a 'bot' registration?
    Depends what you mean by "this" in that sentence.

If by "this" you mean "could these incomplete registrations be from bots?", then I would say: very unlikely, since they would go through the same validation as a human would.

If by "this" you mean "are these never-used accounts from bots?" then I would say: maybe. Maybe not.

Also, you haven't explained what business problem this "missing required information" is causing you.
    Nor have you explained what addons/plugins you've installed or how your site has been altered from the original Zen Cart code; all of that is important when asking about what you think seems to be weird behavior of your site.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ok well is stock ZC install with the allbusiness theme just modified for looks, no plugins other than IH.
    this information is stuff like salutation , address, phone number, we like to follow up with orders and able to address them with respect as Mr. or Mrs.
    names are necessary as are address and phone as we sell tangible items so this information is very important, makes you feel unprofessional when you have to email them, not knowing how to address them, ask then ask for their address and phone so the shipper can ship the order.

I have been using and installing ZenCart for many years now, and its my 'preferred' ecommerce script for my use as well as clients
    the support forums here are of immense help, I lost my other username and just signed up again
    Last edited by AndyIII; 31 Jul 2013 at 03:58 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I have yet to find a way to complete a purchase without supplying names and shipping address. Zen Cart is pretty particular about that.

You had a theory about bots. Have you looked at the IP addresses of the orders placed with incomplete information? What do those IP addresses belong to?

Plugin Contributions

neither have I, .....I can NOT get away without entering All required info and I tried many devices thinking perhaps it was a mobile thing.
    I will do a search on IP and locations and report back soon.
    I do apologize DrByte, I do know better to always include plugins, mods, versions .....