Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot log in to Admin after changing servers - have read FAQ's

I have read the FAQ's and some posts in here and also tried this article: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...rd-(i-lost-it) (relevant only to forgotten username) - but not having any luck.

Cannot log in to Admin after changing servers (the site itself works correctly - followed the procedure in FAQ's) - url mysite.xx/admin/login.php brings up standard login page with the data in the boxes (username, and password as dots), I am pretty confident this data is correct - clicking on login goes nowhere and resend password does not work. phpMyAdmin seems OK as does admin/configure.php - tried using admin_pass code from db as extension to url but to no avail.

Am a little stumped - any ideas please.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot log in to Admin after changing servers - have read FAQ's

Is that a general 'admin', or are you actually trying to use 'admin' as the name of your admin folder ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Is that a general 'admin', or are you actually trying to use 'admin' as the name of your admin folder ?
    it is a 'general' admin, not the actual name of my admin

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    clicking on login goes nowhere and resend password does not work
    That's symptomatic if a session not starting properly. There are FAQs all about that, so I won't repeat all their contents here.
    If cookies are corrupted or unrecognized, or your session storage settings are non-standard or paths point to nonexistent folders, then your symptoms are unsurprising.

You didn't say what steps you followed to do your move to another server. You didn't indicate which steps of the FAQ about changing servers were missed in your process, or whether going back and doing them fixes your login problem

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That's symptomatic if a session not starting properly. There are FAQs all about that, so I won't repeat all their contents here.
    If cookies are corrupted or unrecognized, or your session storage settings are non-standard or paths point to nonexistent folders, then your symptoms are unsurprising.

You didn't say what steps you followed to do your move to another server. You didn't indicate which steps of the FAQ about changing servers were missed in your process, or whether going back and doing them fixes your login problem
    Thanks Doc for your response - I followed all the steps of the changing of servers, I did 9 sites at one time so I had the procedure down pat however I will re-do the whole process again for this particular site as you suggested and see if that solves my problem.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Look in /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php file to see what the value is for the STORE_SESSIONS variable. If it's set to '', then the sessions' information is being stored in the file system ... based on the file system of your previous server! Change that value to 'db' so that the sessions are being stored in your database.