Plugin Contributions

Default Attribute Controller - Prices and Weight - Decimal Values Problem

I price my product (printed paper) using attributes with a one time charge (setup fee) + price (a running charge per sheet)...in the attribute controller for price there are 4 decimal places...but they don't seem to work like they should and it is affecting my prices:

For example if I set it to price at .0060 and test it with a quantity of 10000 it gives me $100 when it should be $60
    I get the exact same $100 price even if I change it to .0050, .0070, .0080 or .0090 and the forth digit has no effect either .0065

But if I go to .0040 I get a price of 0 when it should be $40

As long as the price is .01 or greater I get a price and not 0 but it is not the right price...it seems as if everything teeters between 0.XX4X or less and 0.XX5X or greater...which really screws with my pricing method

Can anyone tell me how to fix this and explain why it does this?
    John

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute Controller - Prices and Weight - Decimal Values Problem

Anyone out there that can help me out with this one?
    John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by GoldBuckle View Post
    explain why it does this?
    I assume your products prices are set as normal to 2 decimal places?

So an attribute price of 0.0060 rounds up to 0.01 per item
    Then 0.01 x 10000 = $100

.0050, .0070, .0080 or .0090 all round up to 0.01 so they are all the same price.

Have you tried setting your products prices to 4 decimal place?

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I just figured something out...if I go to currencies under admin and change US Dollar currency from 2 decimal places to 5 decimal places then the prices calculate correctly, but I would like for the display to only show 2 decimal places but still do calculations with 5 decimal places without rounding up or down to 2 decimal places as it affect my pricing to much for printed paper....any one have any suggestions? Surely someone else has to have come across this issue besides just me???

John

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Attribute Controller - Prices and Weight - Decimal Values Problem

Quote Originally Posted by GoldBuckle View Post
    Ok, I just figured something out...if I go to currencies under admin and change US Dollar currency from 2 decimal places to 5 decimal places then the prices calculate correctly, but I would like for the display to only show 2 decimal places but still do calculations with 5 decimal places without rounding up or down to 2 decimal places as it affect my pricing to much for printed paper....any one have any suggestions? Surely someone else has to have come across this issue besides just me???

I know this is an old thread, but I think it is still very valid.
    Recently a customer asked me about the same problem as stated by GoldBuckle, I think a new variable should be introduced
    1. decimal places for viewing, set per currency
    2. decimal places for calculation, set in only place, or make it fixed at 4 like the database value (preferred by me).

I do not think it is a quick fix, in a search through the files I found "decimal_places" mentioned in 10 files. Going to investigate.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I think it is still very valid.
    Recently a customer asked me about the same problem as stated by GoldBuckle, I think a new variable should be introduced
    1. decimal places for viewing, set per currency
    2. decimal places for calculation, set in only place, or make it fixed at 4 like the database value (preferred by me).

I do not think it is a quick fix, in a search through the files I found "decimal_places" mentioned in 10 files. Going to investigate.
    If not mistaken this is ¤actually wrapped around the issue of round first then multiply (happens on some pages) versus multiply then round (as desired). It is documented and addressed in several threads throughout the forum.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...