Plugin Contributions

Default Migrated site to new domain and now the site won't load and I can't access the admin

I've been at this all morning and I'm going crazy!

-I migrated my zencart site to a new domain. Everything seemed to go well. I did not do a fresh install, I just copied the folder containing everything
    -moved the database and updated the two config files to reflect the new database settings

When I go to the site I get this "Sorry! There seems to be a problem connecting to our database. Please give us a few minutes to remedy the problem. Thank you."

When I go to the admin, I get this "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."

Please help! Thanks

http://jebcoproducts.com/snapon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Migrated site to new domain and now the site won't load and I can't access the ad

The first error is as it says - Zencart can't connect to the database. Make sure the database login info in the configure.php files is correct and that your new host uses the same database naming conventions as the old one. At some hosts (including mine) they prepend your control panel user name to the database name, so if your user name is jebco and you name the DB zencart, you'll need to tell Zencart the DB name is jebco_zencart.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Migrated site to new domain and now the site won't load and I can't access the ad

thanks for the reply. I am starting over. In some forums I read, it seems like you have to do a fresh install of zen cart and then over write it with that you have. Am I on the right track?

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the info. Let's try it one more time....