Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Protection from injection - mysql_real_escape_string

ZC 1.5.1

Im adding some data to a new table I created within zencart. Im tring to become better at protecting against injections and just need a quick look over ( Im still newish and solid protection ) .... in the following is zen_db_prepare_input enough protection or do I need to add mysql_real_escape_string like this?

zen_db_prepare_input(mysql_real_escape_string($buildacmeProductID))

Code:
    $sql_prods = 'INSERT INTO acme_products(`acme_products_id`,`acme_products_partno`, `acme_products_orderno`, `acme_manus_id`, `acme_model_id`, `acme_products_years`, `acme_products_type`, `acme_products_catid`, `acme_products_catname`, `acme_products_matid`, `acme_products_matname`) VALUES ';
    			$sql_prods .= sprintf( "\n('%s','%s', '%s', %d, %d, '%s', %d, %d, '%s', %d, '%s'),",
    			zen_db_prepare_input($buildacmeProductID),
    			zen_db_prepare_input($resultProduct->attributes()->partNo),
    			zen_db_prepare_input($resultProduct->attributes()->orderNo),
    			zen_db_prepare_input($resultProduct->Manufacturer->attributes()->id),
    			zen_db_prepare_input($resultProduct->Model->attributes()->id),
    			zen_db_prepare_input($resultProduct->Years),
    			zen_db_prepare_input($resultProduct->ProductType->attributes()->id),
    			zen_db_prepare_input($resultProduct->ProductType->attributes()->categoryID),
    			zen_db_prepare_input($resultProduct->ProductType),
    			zen_db_prepare_input($resultProduct->Material->attributes()->id),
    			zen_db_prepare_input($resultProduct->Material));

$sql_prods = rtrim($sql_prods, ',') . ';';

if(!mysql_query($sql_prods)){
    			  echo '<h1 style="color: red;">Error</h1><p>', mysql_error(), '<p>';
    			}else{
    				$counter_prods++;
    				echo "<BR />Successfully entered this product. ".$counter_prods." Product Records have been inserted into the database so far.";
    			}
    22 stores and counting! Ive been zenned.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Protection from injection - mysql_real_escape_string

This is the recommended way:
    Code:
        $sql = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " (products_id, customers_id, customers_name, reviews_rating, date_added, status)
                VALUES (:productsID, :customersID, :customersName, :rating, now(), " . $review_status . ")";

$sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':productsID', $_GET['products_id'], 'integer');
        $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':customersID', $_SESSION['customer_id'], 'integer');
        $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':customersName', $customer->fields['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $customer->fields['customers_lastname'], 'string');
        $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':rating', $rating, 'string');

$db->Execute($sql);

$insert_id = $db->Insert_ID();
    The :productsID (and the other placeholders starting with a colon) are put into the $sql query, and then the bindVars() call is run to replace :productsID with the value from $_GET['products_id'] after first sanitizing it into integer format. Same for :customersID, which gets replaced with the value of $_SESSION['customer_id'] after ensuring it is an integer value.

Similar is done for :customersName which gets replaced with firstname-plus-space-plus-lastname after sanitizing those values to be safe strings.
    And same with :rating which is replaced with $rating after first sanitizing it as a string.
    Finally the $sql is executed by the $db->Execute($sql) call.
    If you need the ID of the record inserted, you can get it as shown. Or just ignore it if you don't need it for output or other use immediately.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr Byte,
    my data is coming from a data feed using simpleXMLElement. My data is coming in fine as I am echoing it and I can see its ok but my function is halting when it hits the $sql statements. I never see my echo Debug 10 statement.

My page is a custom page within Zen Cart Admin directly under shop/admin/ . I have require application_top and set global $db in my function

Code:
    $sql = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_ACME_PRODS . " (`acme_products_id`,`acme_products_partno`, `acme_products_orderno`, `acme_manus_id`, `acme_model_id`, `acme_products_years`, `acme_products_type`, `acme_products_catid`, `acme_products_catname`, `acme_products_matid`, `acme_products_matname`, `acme_products_dateAdded`)
                VALUES (:products_id, :products_partno, :products_orderno, :products_manuid, :products_modelid, :products_years, :products_typeid, :products_catid, :products_typename, :products_matid, :products_matname, :products_dateAdded)";
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_id', $buildacmeProductID, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_partno',$resultProduct->attributes()->partNo, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_orderno',$resultProduct->attributes()->orderNo, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_manuid',$resultProduct->Manufacturer->attributes()->id, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_modelid',$resultProduct->Model->attributes()->id, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_years',$resultProduct->Years, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_typeid',$resultProduct->ProductType->attributes()->id, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_catid',$resultProduct->ProductType->attributes()->categoryID, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_typename',$resultProduct->ProductType, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_matid',$resultProduct->Material->attributes()->id, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_matname',$$resultProduct->Material, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_dateAdded',now(), 'date');

echo "<BR />DEBUG 10 SQL statement = ".$sql;

$db->Execute($sql);
    Do you see anything out of place or is there anything else I need to require or globalize in my fxn?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Just tried with using the example in the developers documentation located at: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Vars_Datatypes

and it worked so it must be my code somewhere....... I can use my own custom variables in the 3 option of the BindVars function right?

Ill look into it further......

Plugin Contributions

This is holding it up.... any idea why?

Code:
    Can I use now() in the statement?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by makenoiz View Post
    Do you see anything out of place
    I do. :)

Quote Originally Posted by makenoiz View Post
    Code:
    $sql = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_ACME_PRODS . " (`acme_products_id`,`acme_products_partno`, `acme_products_orderno`, `acme_manus_id`, `acme_model_id`, `acme_products_years`, `acme_products_type`, `acme_products_catid`, `acme_products_catname`, `acme_products_matid`, `acme_products_matname`, `acme_products_dateAdded`)
                VALUES (:products_id, :products_partno, :products_orderno, :products_manuid, :products_modelid, :products_years, :products_typeid, :products_catid, :products_typename, :products_matid, :products_matname, :products_dateAdded)";
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_id', $buildacmeProductID, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_partno',$resultProduct->attributes()->partNo, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_orderno',$resultProduct->attributes()->orderNo, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_manuid',$resultProduct->Manufacturer->attributes()->id, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_modelid',$resultProduct->Model->attributes()->id, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_years',$resultProduct->Years, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_typeid',$resultProduct->ProductType->attributes()->id, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_catid',$resultProduct->ProductType->attributes()->categoryID, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_typename',$resultProduct->ProductType, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_matid',$resultProduct->Material->attributes()->id, 'string');
                    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':products_matname',$$resultProduct->Material, 'string');

echo "<BR />DEBUG 10 SQL statement = ".$sql;

$db->Execute($sql);
    See highlighted double $$

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

oops disregard...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks! Ill fix and get back with result.....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can use now() but you must place it inside quotes: 'now()'

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast