Plugin Contributions

Default Suddenly Create Account Page re-loads after account created.

Hi All,
    Had a quick search for this problem, but could not find it listed, (if is is apologies, please move this thread to there)

using zc1.51, mods: sitemapxml, google merchant, ceon card manual, antiseptic template, zbblock (all latest versions)

tested after each install & backed up, so I can go back, so to speak but just wondered if someone had com across the same problem & had a fix

furthermore, I have deleted all duplicates re: customer address, customer details, etc. so this is not a provblem caused by that.

THE PROBLEM: I test the cart every morning, creat an account, buy some test goods, etc, like most of us I'm sure. this morning, when testing, I put an item in the cart, went to checkout, then on to create account, filled in all the fields, pressed submit & the page re-loads (create account that is) all fields empty. if I look to the top of the page, i can see that 'MY-ACCOUNT", "LOG-OUT" , "CHECK-OUT" ,"SHOPPING-CART" are now listed, & when I click on them I can indeed see that an account has been created, but it needs to move onto the correct next page, either "SHOPPING-CART" OR "CHECK-OUT" or "ACCOUNT CREATED" or something similar.

any help please?

many thanks in advance.

regards,

VO

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Suddenly Create Account Page re-loads after account created.

Hi All,
    quick update, i have tried re-loading the last working backup & it is still showing the same problem, any help please?
    thanks in advance,
    regards
    VO

Plugin Contributions

I can across this mod: By-pass_Account_Create_Success_Page_from_s_mack see:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...e-Success-Page
    any ideas anyone if this would be compatible with 1.51?
    thanks in advacne,

regards,
    vo

Plugin Contributions

Hello? anyone any ideas about this?
    checkout is really long now compared to 1.39, used to be just a couple of steps to checkout, now it is creat account, go back to checkout, move on to payment method, then confirm then checkout then success? why so many steps?

Plugin Contributions

any ideas anyone? no one else come across this? a little help please ?

thanks in advance,
    regards,

vo

Plugin Contributions

Through all your concerns and apparent impatience, you have yet to answer all of the questions posed in the posting tips. You've touched on a few, but WHEN is important. Also, the site URL (in the form of yoursite com OR yoursiteDOTcom) would be helpful.

Just a note: All the folks here are volunteers and, if you don't have a pretty quick answer, everyone's either at lunch or you have not given enough information/explanation for an answer. Instead of the "Beuller, Beuller,..." just keep providing more in-depth information and someone will come along.

http://www.zen-cart.com/faq.php?faq=...before_posting

Plugin Contributions

between my first post which had most of the info, to give anyone an idea of the problem, (btw unless the problem is ultra serious I am hardly likely to post a link to a live site, site security & all that) & my second update, was approx an hour. Then from that update to the next post was approx an hour too, again I posted a possible solution, again asking for any advice. my next update was admittedly less than 40mins, but my last request for help was over 3 hours later.

So I do resent your attitude, I was hardly there shouting to quote you "BUELLER, BUELLER!" I realise that "we're all volunteer's here" I get it, no need to be so condescending. All of which would be even vaguely acceptable if you had COME BACK with some sort of useful reply. But you didn't.

So back to my original post? has anyone come across this problem? & could offer a possible solution?

regards,

vo

ps: I would have thought that most zenners would be interested in a solution, seeing as i have hardly modified the cart (ZC 1.51 )& I am having a somewhat serious stumbling block in the checkout phase.

Plugin Contributions

On second thoughts, anyone know of a 1 (one) step checkout, ie everything n one page, that would be miles better that the 4-5 step current checkout. No, I do not really want to install FEC (does not shorten the checkout) or COWOA (that doesn't shorten it either or even a combo of both. tried both previously. not really satisfied with them, really do not want to install on my brand new & shiney ZC 1.51

So any ideas anyone>

regards,

VO