Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net AIM not returning any errors or notice on the 'test decline' card #

should there be this $_SESSION var?, $_SESSION['SSL_SESSION_ID'] ...?

it's not present on the tpl_checkout_confirmation_default page via a var_dump($_SESSION).

like i said, am trying to determine if having the SSL on but without a Security Certificate is causing the problem.

ug, thanks for all the help, i really appreciate it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net AIM not returning any errors or notice on the 'test decline' card #

AIM will not work ... will not even show up ... if SSL is not enabled.

You can't use a payment module which takes credit card numbers without encrypting those numbers when the browser sends them. And that requires SSL.

Stop "testing" payment modules in an unsecure environment ... cuz all you're testing is that your environment is wrong, not the payment processing.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thanks for answering my Post Dr. Byte

the situation is.. the SSL is on, but there is no security certificate.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tcarden View Post
    the situation is.. the SSL is on, but there is no security certificate.
    Then ... SSL is not really "on".

Setting ENABLE_SSL to 'true' only tells Zen Cart to use the HTTPS_SERVER value instead of HTTP_SERVER when handling pages which deal with sensitive info.

But if your HTTPS_SERVER value points to a URL that does not actually have SSL on it, then you're NOT actually using SSL at all.

In short, what you're doing with "SSL is on but there is no security certificate" is pointless, and counterproductive. And your payment modules won't work any better with this faked-out scenario.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thanks, i did not know that.

though i had a feeling....!,

i've stated this scenario on a couple of other forums but that it is the clearest answer i've gotten so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12