Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread for CKEditor Plugin

Delia, I hope someone can help us understand how we can modify the new ckeditor implementation to meet our needs. In the meantime I am curious what editor did you integrate and how did you integrate it into Zencart?

Plugin Contributions

I did find instructions how to pull different versions - changing the lilnk

There are these options:
    basic - the Basic preset
    standard - the Standard preset
    standard-all - the Standard preset together with all other plugins created by CKSource*
    full - the Full preset
    full-all - the Full preset together with all other plugins created by CKSource*

The mod is pulling the standard-all. I changed to the full-all by changing admin/includes/ckeditor.php line 22 from
    PHP Code:
    <script src="https://cdn.ckeditor.com/4.14.0/standard-all/ckeditor.js" title="CKEditorCDN"></script> 
    to
    PHP Code:
    <script src="https://cdn.ckeditor.com/4.4.5.1/full-all/ckeditor.js" title="CKEditorCDN"></script> 
    I don't see how to disallow pieces this way. Looks like full sets only but at least one can expand the selection if you wish.

My worry here is that it is using a different version of the editor - I know there's always concerns about the versions and security but this uses a newer version. Shouldn't it then be safer?
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Delia, Yes i found that and it does change the tool bars to include all plugins and i have some of the same concerns about just evolving into the wild wild west. I was also trying to find a way to choose a different skin. Changing the skin in the config.js does nothing.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jodean View Post
    Delia, I hope someone can help us understand how we can modify the new ckeditor implementation to meet our needs. In the meantime I am curious what editor did you integrate and how did you integrate it into Zencart?
    very long ago - a now defunct editor which I still prefer and use a really old version in a tiny cms in use on about 3 sites right now. Definitely not secure for general use.

And that's the problem. What is included in the mod right now is considered to be secure and that's the primary concern of the zen cart core team always. I've figured out how to modify this such as changing the actual set of tools pulled from the CDN but I like have having more control, especially for my clients. I don't want to have the ability to color the text in the editor so I'm happy about that change but then there are other things missing and I'm still looking at what's in each option. Unfortunately the plugin that I consider to be the handiest that uses a catalog stylesheet is not one that is included in a package. It has to be downloaded - still working on that.

All of this comes with major caveats - remembering the changes one made when upgrading, keeping up with possible insecurities (zc will upgrade when deemed prudent for the released version which does not mean you will know when your differences become a risk.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jodean View Post
    Delia, Yes i found that and it does change the tool bars to include all plugins and i have some of the same concerns about just evolving into the wild wild west. I was also trying to find a way to choose a different skin. Changing the skin in the config.js does nothing.
    There is a online builder that creates the changes - it might give you some idea of how to make the changes in yours and then again it may not be possible to change the cdn version. The online builder will give you the entire package with plugin directories and the config. I'm playing with it to see if I can easily add the paragraphing at a minimum and the plugin for the catalog stylesheet.

Plugin Contributions

I see no difference between full and full-all by the way. I think the full-all needs further configuration in order to take advantage of possibly downloaded extra plugins. The differences between the standard-all and full are major and include way more than I want. Screenshot of the two panels: Name:  full-standard.png
Views: 125
Size:  63.9 KB

Plugin Contributions

And also, I edited the config.js file and it simply does not appear it's being used at all. I even deleted the file after my edits failed and it appears that it made no difference.

I do see instructions for correctly adding a local config file but am unsure how to make this happen. It looks like some js needs to be added to the admin/ckeditor.php file. So here's where a response from someone who is more proficient with js/jquery than I would be gratefully appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Definitely the config.js file is being called in admin/ckeditor.php and not heeded. So a fix please.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread for CKEditor Plugin for Zen Cart

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    Definitely the config.js file is being called in admin/ckeditor.php and not heeded. So a fix please.
    There are allot of things one can turn on or off depending on CKEditor build.. CKEditor 4.14 is what I'm using and not all the toolbars are on based on the config.js file in the editor folder. No config.js entry, turns them all on and one really do not need all.. CKEditor 5.19 build has very little tools installed and really not usable yet unless one builds the tools they need into it. It also requires a different admin script to work with ZC. By listing the tools one wants ..
    Code:
    config.toolbar = [
            { name: 'clipboard', items: [ 'Cut', 'Copy', 'Paste', 'PasteText', 'PasteFromWord', '-', 'Undo', 'Redo' ] },
    turns them on and listing tools one doesn't want
    Code:
    // Remove some buttons provided by the standard plugins, which are
        // not needed in the Standard toolbar.
        config.removeButtons = 'Subscript,Superscript,Font,Flash';
    turns them off..
    Not sure on the latest CDN version...
    If you are not sure what toolbars exist in CKEditor 4, or you wish to create your own on/off list, check out there toolbar configurator tool.. Life just gets too simple sometimes!!
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone know how to change the skin? Changing config.skin = 'moono'; to config.skin = 'moonocolor'; in the config.js does absolutly nothing.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast