Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread for CKEditor Plugin for Zen Cart

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    zc 1.5.5 installed live on linux server after test site built on WAMP. Latest version of ckeditor installed on the test site and functions properly.

On the live site admin/config/store has ckeditor as default and the product pages show it as selected. But in the product page there is no ckeditor in site - the product description box looks sized to receive the buttons, but nothing there. On the html_defines pages the selector is set to text but the drop down offers ckeditor. However when selected it just bounces back to text.

I did my live install of files via ftp. I checked and each file from the mod is present and in the correct folder. To be sure there was no glitch in the upload I re-uploaded the files individually, cleared my cache, turn admin/config/store selector off and on etc.

Only changes to files on upload was the config files, and everything else in the store seems to function propery. I had a few log errors related to tax settling that I hadn't bothered with in test store, and I had issues with Wordpress (in root and using WP4Zen) that were resolved by reloading that folder.

Are there any permission settings that might be different moving from windows to linux? Or any other ideas?
    Problem solved - there are two .png image files in /editors folder. The larger of the two didn't successfully navigate the ftp move on either occasion. Third time's the charm and all works. Also, on the third try I first deleted all the ckeditor files from the server instead of just overwriting them. Explains (to me) why there appeared to be room for the tool bar on the product description box. Not sure why I didn't get an error message in /logs.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

the drop down offers ckeditor. However when selected it just bounces back to text.
    IIRC that's typically the result of it not finding the necessary files

Are there any permission settings that might be different moving from windows to linux?
    No permissions unique to CKEditor (it only needs standard Read permissions, just like everything else), but certainly could be permissions issues generally or screwed up FTP. Ask your hosting company for help with setting permissions that allow normal read access by the server process that runs PHP.

Problem solved - there are two .png image files in /editors folder. The larger of the two didn't successfully navigate the ftp move on either occasion. Third time's the charm and all works. Also, on the third try I first deleted all the ckeditor files from the server instead of just overwriting them. Explains (to me) why there appeared to be room for the tool bar on the product description box. Not sure why I didn't get an error message in /logs.
    It wouldn't have been the /editors/*.png files. But reloading your ckeditor files probably solved it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I see in the current CKEditor download (3.7q) that the file /YOUR_ADMIN/ckeditor.php has been removed for initial installs on Zen Cart 1.5.5. Does this mean that upgrades to Zen Cart 1.5.5[a] should remove that file?

Plugin Contributions

I think that since CKEditor is a mod and not part of the Zen Cart distribution, this was just a cleanup.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    I think that since CKEditor is a mod and not part of the Zen Cart distribution, this was just a cleanup.
    Right. The plugin doesn't need the file because it's already present in v155 and identical.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

If anyone else is having difficulties viewing the CKEditor menus on a MacBook when using v3.7q, see this post.

Plugin Contributions

I installed CK Editor in Zen Cart 1.5.5.a but the editor bar did not show up in the product pages. Re-uploading the editor from http://ckeditor.com/download resolved it. Hope this helps somebody else!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by terraGirl View Post
    I installed CK Editor in Zen Cart 1.5.5.a but the editor bar did not show up in the product pages. Re-uploading the editor from http://ckeditor.com/download resolved it. Hope this helps somebody else!
    I had the same issue and this also fixed it. Thanks terraGirl

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I have a vanilla install of the latest zencart (1.5.5) and I uploaded the ckeditor directory (no other admin files for 1.5.5) and it does not show up in any of the drop down menus. I've logged in, cleared cache and still nothing. What else could I be missing? I looked over the readme file and doesn't say anything else. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Gabe

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gabe8496 View Post
    Hi, I have a vanilla install of the latest zencart (1.5.5) and I uploaded the ckeditor directory (no other admin files for 1.5.5) and it does not show up in any of the drop down menus. I've logged in, cleared cache and still nothing. What else could I be missing? I looked over the readme file and doesn't say anything else. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm guessing you uploaded the ckeditor files to your admin directory instead of to the /editors directory.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast