Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread for CKEditor Plugin for Zen Cart

Quote Originally Posted by idtags View Post
    Thank you again for your effort with this problem.

I had more reading recently and then even more and I found a tip here:

https://ckeditor.com/old//comment/67939#comment-67939

which suggest to use "Auto" option instead of ACII when FTP CKeditor files:
    Yes, you should *always* use "Auto" for transfer-type in FTP settings. Not just for CKEditor

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Having an issue that may or may not be directly related to CK Editor - in only one of my sites in admin/tools/EZ pages it is showing up differently to the other 5 sites - see images below for comparison.

Every time I try to use it to add a script, in source mode, and I go to update page it sends me to a 403 Error page - you do not have access on this server. (this doesn't happen on the other sites which are on the same server).

I have sent an eTicket to my host and they have made modifications to permissions (mod_security) on the site - still no joy - have given them this feedback asking if there is something else they can try

Plugin Contributions

Problem solved - Host checked my IP address against their ModSecurity logs and it appears I may have triggered a rule. ??? ... anyway, fixed.

Sorry about the fuss.

cheers,
    Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Every time I try to use it to add a script, in source mode, and I go to update page it sends me to a 403 Error page - "you do not have access on this server"
    Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Problem solved - Host checked my IP address against their ModSecurity logs and it appears I may have triggered a rule. ???
    Yes, adding <script> tags is prone to trigger mod_security rules, because many malicious attack code problems are triggered by uploaded <script> snippets.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

First, thank you all for all you do for Zen Cart!

I am trying to upgrade from 1.3.8a and have been very successful so far. I actually started from a blank install except the database which I upgraded.

CKEditor is driving me nuts trying to get it to work consistently. My problem is that my content in the editor is frequently just a blank screen. Define Pages always seems to work but my EZPages and Products Description are generally just blank. I have been able to have them show up sometimes it is not reproducible.

Since it is a clean install of 1.5.5f it has been easy to log out, copy the CK* source files into the editors/ folder and try again but that doesn't help. The one thing that does help is manually copying the HTML from some EZPage on my old website CKeditor and pasting it into the new editor. This seems like a painful error prone solution to repeat for all my pages and products.

Any thoughts?

BTW, I think your installation documentation should say "/editors/* (the entire folder) gets copied to your /editors/ folder" instead of "/editors/ckeditor/ (the entire folder) gets copied to your /editors/ folder". The reason why is because I originally kept missing "ckeditor-custom-button-bar.png". Also, I didn't copy "._ckeditor-custom-button-bar.png" from the zip file and I don't know if it is important.

Aniyway, any help would be greatly appreciated before I dive into the long manual task of copying each EZ Page and Product Description (and who knows what else).

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

We experienced the same problem by using (FTP) WS_FTP95 and "ACII" option to copy CK_Editor files.

Changing to "Auto" option resolved the problem.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply idtags. I used FileZilla to FTP the binary zip file to my Linux server. I double checked and it is set to "auto" and the resulting zip file is the same number of bytes as the original. I unzipped it on the Linux server. Still this might be a clue because when I just retried these steps I used "unzip -a" to automatically convert text files and it claimed that all files are binary. Maybe there are some end of line characters in some file somewhere that is messing up the interpretation of the database.

Plugin Contributions

It didn't fix it but I did go further with this idea. I unzipped on a PC and then used FileZilla to FTP all files and auto translate text files. I then did a diff from the previous method and the new method. Tons of text files were "different" (but only in the end if line character). I copied this set of files over the previous version of ckeditor. Unfortunately, like I said, it didn't fix it. I still have blank Product Descriptions, etc.

I have another issue where if I change back to the Plain Text editor and it still acts like the CKEditor is activated. This brings me to another question. Earlier in this thread DrByte suggested clearing your cache. My immediate thought was that I should clear some cache on the server but other Zenners interpreted that to mean clearing the Browser cache. Since I can't find some way clear the ZenCart cache so I have just been following suit and clearing the Browser cache. This produces no effect.

How do you clear your cache?

Plugin Contributions

Let me describe again my problem in hopes someone will have an idea. I am trying to upgrade from 1.3.8a to 1.5.5f. Happily my migrated products correctly show the product descriptions on my website pages. However, I have a problem when I am logged into admin. Since I installed ckeditor I can't edit (or see) the product descriptions in admin.

I have tried several things including (reinstalling everything) to correct this but once I select ckeditor as the html editor I can no longer see my product descriptions. They are still there on my website and in the database but they appear blank in admin.

Selecting Plain Text editor isn't possible either. I am leery to mix TinyMCE with this current ckeditor mess. Has anyone else successfully migrated and used ckeditor? All of my Product Descriptions are HTML, is there HTML that isn't supported by ckeditor?

Another clue is that EZPages pretty much the same (except it is flaky in that sometimes they aren't blank).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rhenrie View Post
    Let me describe again my problem in hopes someone will have an idea. I am trying to upgrade from 1.3.8a to 1.5.5f. Happily my migrated products correctly show the product descriptions on my website pages. However, I have a problem when I am logged into admin. Since I installed ckeditor I can't edit (or see) the product descriptions in admin.

I have tried several things including (reinstalling everything) to correct this but once I select ckeditor as the html editor I can no longer see my product descriptions. They are still there on my website and in the database but they appear blank in admin.

Selecting Plain Text editor isn't possible either. I am leery to mix TinyMCE with this current ckeditor mess. Has anyone else successfully migrated and used ckeditor? All of my Product Descriptions are HTML, is there HTML that isn't supported by ckeditor?

Another clue is that EZPages pretty much the same (except it is flaky in that sometimes they aren't blank).
    More than likely there is a character set "clash". Have you upgraded the database to UTF-8? Ie. Used a plugin called convert db2utf8?

The version of ZC that was being used was using a latin1 style database character set, modern is to use at least utf8.

There may also be other areas of your site that need to be modified to have a consistent character set applied. The plugin instructions provide reference to an associated FAQ.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast