Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread for CKEditor Plugin for Zen Cart

Thanks mc12345678! I didn't purposefully move to utf8. I see in myPhpAdmin the Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8). On my old and new databases I see a mixture of utf8_general_ci and latin1_swedish_ci under Collation. I don't know anything about the subject yet except what I just read looking at the db2utf8. Is the Collation field informative in this subject? Should all tables be utf8?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rhenrie View Post
    Thanks mc12345678! I didn't purposefully move to utf8. I see in myPhpAdmin the Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8). On my old and new databases I see a mixture of utf8_general_ci and latin1_swedish_ci under Collation. I don't know anything about the subject yet except what I just read looking at the db2utf8. Is the Collation field informative in this subject? Should all tables be utf8?
    There are more details about this in my blog: https://vinosdefrutastropicales.com/blog/?p=309

Plugin Contributions

Thanks mc12345678 and Thanks lat9!!! That was an excellent description in your blog lat9. I simply changed my config files to utf8 and now everything works! I can edit my product descriptions again. Thanks so much! I will translate my database eventually to be all utf8. But, FYI this mismatch (latin1 in config vs utf8 in database) was the cause of ckeditor showing blank descriptions and ezpage windows.

Plugin Contributions

Installed CKEditor for ZC v154. Selected CKEditor as default editor on My Store. When I go to Tools>Define Pages Editor and select the page and CKEditor, the editor jumps back to Plain Text.

I used the correct CK directory for my version of ZC. I copied the directories and files exactly as described in the install instructions. Nothing abnormal in the log files concerning CKEditor that i can find. CKEditor shows as my default editor in the My Store page so I don't know why it won't let me edit with it.

Any tips on why CKEditor won't take? Where else to look?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bcompton1 View Post
    the editor jumps back to Plain Text.
    In my experience that's been the result of having other javascript scripts installed in your admin, which are conflicting or triggering errors which stop the rest of the ckeditor scripts from running.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I've added some new AJAX pages to my admin (1.5.5f) and want CKEditor to work on the textarea. I added

if ($editor_handler != '') include ($editor_handler);

to the code, and whilst the editor is now displayed, changes to the content do not show if I var_dump($_POST);
    If I switch to Plain Text, any edits done in the field are correct in $_POST.

Does ZC contain a file that handles which pages CKEditor works on? If not, any suggestions on why an active CKEditor would not pass the data

Plugin Contributions

hi, can someone help me activate the imageuploader plugin? I need to be able to upload images to the server.

I added the plugin folder, and activated the plugin in config.js with the code

config.extraPlugins = 'imageuploader';

but when I click search on the server it comes out like this:

Name:  Cattura.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  17.5 KB

thank you very much

Plugin Contributions

Hello there, I have this for a while as I was trying to figure it out but wondered if anybody else has this? If I edit or create new description content with quick_updates for example (using latest ckeditor version 4.6.2), it outputs description with tags and html. Such as this:-

<p><span style="&quot;color:"><b><font size="&quot;3&quot;">
    And it looks like text source. If I make a new item the output seems okay. I have another plugin that uses ckeditor I put in new content there and it adds all the html tags too. Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeathenMagic View Post
    Hello there, I have this for a while as I was trying to figure it out but wondered if anybody else has this? If I edit or create new description content with quick_updates for example (using latest ckeditor version 4.6.2), it outputs description with tags and html. Such as this:-

And it looks like text source. If I make a new item the output seems okay. I have another plugin that uses ckeditor I put in new content there and it adds all the html tags too. Thanks in advance.
    Didn't say how those tags were being added, if they are manually typed in while first looking at the editor, then it is that the editor has not been put into source edit mode (there is a button on the ckeditor toolbar to activate source mode). If those tags are at first not visible and only "appear" after saving the content, then likely the field is being oversanitized by the admin's sanitizer code and an appropriate sanitizer needs to be applied to the field being saved.

So if you could please identify, was the content posted about above something that was manually typed in or was it html that was generated by the editor that later became visible when viewing the catalog side result and/or when attempting to edit it again?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Didn't say how those tags were being added, if they are manually typed in while first looking at the editor, then it is that the editor has not been put into source edit mode (there is a button on the ckeditor toolbar to activate source mode). If those tags are at first not visible and only "appear" after saving the content, then likely the field is being oversanitized by the admin's sanitizer code and an appropriate sanitizer needs to be applied to the field being saved.

So if you could please identify, was the content posted about above something that was manually typed in or was it html that was generated by the editor that later became visible when viewing the catalog side result and/or when attempting to edit it again?
    Thanks for your reply, sorry for the lack of clarity. So if Iclear quick updates entry for example, write some text then press enter key to create another paragraph it shows <p> . And then <p><strong> if I am making text bold. Switching to source I can see those tags with the text I write, switching back from source it looks normal. If I write new text then, and switch to source it shows the correct formatting tags. But its strange why it shows on the live site the source version and not bold / with paragraph for example.

If I make new product as per normal I don't experience any of this. Just two plugins (that never use to do this until perhaps over a year ago). I have seen a file called sanitise somewhere before, in admin fileset I think. I am fairly sure it is stock version.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast