Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread for CKEditor Plugin for Zen Cart

For the first time in many years I am having problems with CKEDitor on one of my live sites.

The strangest thing is that CKEditor is working fine on the identical local clone of this site but on the live site it gives me a blank space where it should show up, be it on a product.php page or a define page or an ezpage. Nothing, silch, nada. Checking the source of the respective page actually shows the html text - but not on the page itself.

Running latest v 4.1.3 of CKEditor, both live and local.

Background:

ZC 1.5.1 just upgraded from 1.3.9h
    same plugins installed live and local
    PHP 5.4.23 on live site and PHP 5.4.9 on local install

This is what I did so far to find the culprit:

- uninstalled CKEditor completely and reinstalled, both live and local - to no avail
    - downloaded entire live site file system to a separate temp folder and did a full file comparison of both - no difference (other than 2 configure.php files ofc)
    - checked log files: nada!

Loaded the live site in the latest Firefox and Chromium (Linux Ubuntu 13.10) - same result. Chromium is set to clear all history, cookies etc upon exit so there can't be any leftover stuff which may falsify the output.

At this point in time I am thinking that it may have something to do with the server side PHP extensions (???) and have decided to go and ask for opinions here.

Any ideas please?

Thanks / Frank

Plugin Contributions

and I also am having odd problems as well on php 5.4. As soon as i can I'm going to switch that cart to my server with 5.3 to see if it makes a difference.

In this case, some longer category descriptions and ezpages show fine on the site but do not show in the editor in admin.

My original post in this thread I've fixed to some extent - but I've done so many things to that site and have not gotten everything working correctly so I won't post what I did yet.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    and I also am having odd problems as well on php 5.4. As soon as i can I'm going to switch that cart to my server with 5.3 to see if it makes a difference.......
    Switched back to PHP Version 5.3.28 and it made no difference at all

Plugin Contributions

Reverted back to PHP 5.4.23, checked that all ckeditor folders had permissions 755 and files 644.

Logged out, rebooted, logged in again and still the same issue.

I am absolutely stumped!

Correction also to my earlier post: CKEditor version is 4.3.1 and not 4.1.3

Plugin Contributions

Got it working - finally!!

Deleted the editors/ckeditor folder, obtained a fresh copy from www.ckeditor.com by using the latest full version (4.3.1) and added a few more plugins as well as moono-color skin (you can build your own ckeditor to your liking).

Downloaded my personal version, unzipped it and uploaded the new ckeditor to the editors folder. No changes needed in the admin file structure.

Finally, cleared the cache (yet again) in Firefox 26.0, logged into admin and selected a define page to edit.

Voila, ckeditor showed up in nice colors

Perseverence paid off
    Last edited by frank18; 19 Jan 2014 at 08:25 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I am having a problem getting the ckeditor to show as an option in My Store>html editor. I installed as per the instructions that came with the plugin but for some reason it is not showing in the drop down menu. All that shows in that menu is Text. It also does not show in any of the other editor choice dropdowns.

Can anyone help me with what the issue might be?

I tried installing FCKeditor and it shows in the dropdown and will let me select it, but does not add the WYSIWYG editor anywhere.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clikchic View Post
    I am having a problem getting the ckeditor to show as an option in My Store>html editor. I installed as per the instructions that came with the plugin but for some reason it is not showing in the drop down menu. All that shows in that menu is Text. It also does not show in any of the other editor choice dropdowns.

Can anyone help me with what the issue might be?

I tried installing FCKeditor and it shows in the dropdown and will let me select it, but does not add the WYSIWYG editor anywhere.
    Can you give us a clue of your ZC version please?

Also check if your file your_admin/includes/init_includes/init_html_editor.php has CKEditor enabled.
    Last edited by frank18; 21 Jan 2014 at 10:50 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Oops, I am using 1.51. Not sure about init_html_editor.php. It has this in the list of editors.

if (is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_EDITORS . 'ckeditor')) $editors_list['CKEDITOR'] = array('desc' => EDITOR_CKEDITOR, 'handler' => 'ckeditor.php', 'special_needs' => '');

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clikchic View Post
    Oops, I am using 1.51. Not sure about init_html_editor.php. It has this in the list of editors.

if (is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_EDITORS . 'ckeditor')) $editors_list['CKEDITOR'] = array('desc' => EDITOR_CKEDITOR, 'handler' => 'ckeditor.php', 'special_needs' => '');
    Looks ok to me

You may want to delete the folder editors/ckeditor then download a fresh copy of CKEditor from the plugins area and do a fresh install. All being equal the CKEditor should show up in admin > My Store in the dropdown menu. If it does (as it should) select it and then log out from admin. Log into admin again and see if you can edit a define page or ezpage.

Plugin Contributions

Hi frank18

Thanks for your help. I just tried this again, and had done so yesterday too but still no luck. Any other suggestions?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast