Plugin Contributions

Default Buy Now Button on main page for new products help

Hi all, I am trying to to place a button 'Buy Now' button on the main page and which to have it underneath the product price on New Products. I found a mod for this and tried copying and pasting however it completely ruins the front back and I'm really stuck on how to get this work. Could somebody please help me.

Here is my code on new_products.php

$products_price = zen_get_products_display_price($new_products->fields['products_id']);
    if (!isset($productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']])) $productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']] = zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($new_products->fields['master_categories_id']);

$list_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('params' => 'class="centerBoxContentsNew centeredContent back"' . ' ' . 'style="width:' . $col_width . '%;"',
    'text' => (($new_products->fields['products_image'] == '' and PRODUCTS_IMAGE_NO_IMAGE_STATUS == 0) ? '' : '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($new_products->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . $productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']] . '&products_id=' . $new_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products->fields['products_image'], $new_products->fields['products_name'], IMAGE_PRODUCT_NEW_WIDTH, IMAGE_PRODUCT_NEW_HEIGHT) . '</a><br />') . '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($new_products->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . $productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']] . '&products_id=' . $new_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products->fields['products_name'] . '</a><br />' . $products_price);

and here is the code I have been told to paste in which will not work

$products_price = zen_get_products_display_price($new_products->fields['products_id']);

$products_desc = substr(strip_tags(trim(zen_get_products_description($new_products->fields['products_id'], $_SESSION['languages_id']))),0,100).'&hellip;';

$buy_now_link = zen_get_buy_now_button($new_products->fields['products_id'],'<a href="' . zen_href_link($_GET['main_page'], zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $new_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_BUY_NOW, BUTTON_BUY_NOW_ALT) .'<br/>'.'</a>&nbsp;<br /');
    if (!isset($productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']])) $productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']] = zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($new_products->fields['master_categories_id']);
    $list_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('params' =>'class="back"' . ' ' . 'style="width:' . $col_width .'%;">'.$buy_now_link,

'text' => (($new_products->fields['products_image'] == '' and PRODUCTS_IMAGE_NO_IMAGE_STATUS == 0) ? '' : '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($new_products->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . $productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']] . '&products_id=' . $new_products->fields['products_id']) . '">'.zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES .$new_products->fields['products_image'], $new_products->fields['products_name'], IMAGE_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_LISTING_WIDTH, IMAGE_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_LISTING_HEIGHT) . '</a></div><p>') . '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($new_products->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . $productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']] . '&products_id=' . $new_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products->fields['products_name'] . '</a></p>'. $products_price);

I have no idea where this is going wrong.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Buy Now Button on main page for new products help

Okay I've found a piece of code, however when I add this code, the product details on the main page such as Price and title are replaced with 2 buttons.

I just want 'Add to Cart' under the product details on index.php

if (zen_has_product_attributes($new_products->fields['products_id'])) {
    // show a more link for attributes
    $lc_button = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($new_products->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . ( ($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > 0 and $_GET['filter_id']) > 0 ? zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : $_GET['cPath'] > 0 ? zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['cPath']) : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id'])) . '&products_id=' . $new_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_DESIGN, BUTTONS_IMAGE_DESIGN_ALT) . '</a>';

} else {
    // show an add to cart choose one or the other
    $lc_button = '<a href="' . zen_href_link($_GET['main_page'], zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $new_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_BUY_NOW, BUTTON_BUY_NOW_ALT, 'class="listingBuyNowButton"') . '</a>'.'<a href="'. zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($new_products->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . $productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']] . '&products_id=' . $new_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' .zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_DETAILS, BUTTON_DETAILS_ALT).'</a>';

}

$list_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('params' =>'class="centerBoxContentsFeatured centeredContent back"' . ' ' . 'style="width:' . $col_width . '%;"',
    'text' => (($new_products->fields['products_image'] == '' and PRODUCTS_IMAGE_NO_IMAGE_STATUS == 0) ? '' : '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($new_products->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . $productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']] . '&products_id=' . $new_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products->fields['products_image'], $new_products->fields['products_name'], IMAGE_PRODUCT_NEW_LISTING_WIDTH, IMAGE_PRODUCT_NEW_LISTING_HEIGHT) . '</a><br />') . '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($new_products->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . $productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']] . '&products_id=' . $new_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' . $lc_button);

Plugin Contributions

After a couple of hours I have still not got very far. Could anybody give me a few pointers please? I just a button on Whats New under the product price and name that says 'More Info' and I cannot for the life of me get this to work.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by KenshiroU View Post
    After a couple of hours I have still not got very far. Could anybody give me a few pointers please? I just a button on Whats New under the product price and name that says 'More Info' and I cannot for the life of me get this to work.
    Scratched that I've done it!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that you have this working now ... what was the final solution that worked for you?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem, It doesn;t work with ZC V 1.5.1