Plugin Contributions

red flag Upgrading and Migrating from 1.39h to 1.51 - due to - (7) couldn't connect to host

Can someone please outline the easiest steps to upgrade from 1.39h to 1.5.1, whilst at the same time migrating to a new web host ? My existing host did some web host upgrades recently and now PayPal payments have stopped processing and I'm getting the email errors " - (7) couldn't connect to host ". I know PayPal is working fine, as I've tested it from another test ZenCart site.

Customers have also reported the failure messages to me. Thus I decided to bite the bullet and migrate to a better host I already use for another site, as the older web host tech support is terrible, where as the newer host seem technically more competent.

NOTE: Even on a fresh ZenCart 1.5.1 install on my older web host, the payment function fails, resulting in the same error " - (7) couldn't connect to host " as on my 1.3.9h version, which by the way was working fine until a few days ago. At that point I noticed the older web host had upgraded their hosting interface and since them this problem has emerged.

i.e.

1. Do I have to upgrade the existing site first, then migrate the files and database to the new web host running the same 1.5.1 version ? NOTE: This new host uses an automated ZenCart Installer, that currently installs v 1.5.1

2. Is there another easier way ? without me having to upgrade the existing site. i.e. perhaps simply import the 1.3.9h database into the 1.5.1 version on the new host ?

I have read some of the upgrade docs like "Behind The Code, with DrByte" and browsed the "How Do I Install Zen Cart?", however it does not seem to cover this specific scenario, even though I can see option 1 would probably address it. Just wondering if there might be an easier way.

Thanks
    Last edited by HeyIts007; 20 Aug 2013 at 03:01 PM.
    Thanks,

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading and Migrating from 1.39h to 1.51 - due to - (7) couldn't connect to ho

Don't use their auto-installer, because it's the wrong version.
    Install the SAME version on your new host's server as a new install with demo data. Make sure it's working. And test CURL using the tool in the /extras/ folder.
    Then bring your files and database in. Test.

Explained here in more detail: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...fferent-server

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading and Migrating from 1.39h to 1.51 - due to - (7) couldn't connect to ho

Ohhh really. Wrong version autoinstaller on the newer web host ? The v 1.5.1 test site installed ok on the new host and PayPal payments worked ok in a test I did.

Lucky I asked. I will give that suggested method a try anyway.

Thanks
    Thanks,

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sigh

By "wrong version" I meant it doesn't match *your* version.
    NEVER DO A move-and-upgrade at the same time.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ahh OK. Got it all working. Took quite a few hours with several dry runs. Was a messy operation in the end with a few hiccups along the way. I'm just baffled as to what my old web host did to stop the Paypal Express working. It just stopped processing PayPal Express last week all of a sudden, but I could see they upgraded their web host by the new interface they had running.

They kept fobbing me off saying it was a 3rd party software issue with ZenCart and that they don't support the 3rd party applications they provide. I can accept that, however it was their change that caused it to stop working and they refused to acknowledge it and admit the solution was a server configuration issue.

Even their out of Box auto installed Zencart 1.5.1 has the same problem. That plus the fact that simply migrating the site to my other web host without any changes and it worked straight up with a test payment.

Anyway thanks for the advice.
    Thanks,