Plugin Contributions

Default Using Stock By Attributes, In Stock Value Is Sum Of Attributes' Stock

Not really sure where else to post this. The Stock by Attributes plugin doesn't have a support thread for any version above ZC 1.3.9. That thread does have code to change 1.3.9 in the way I'd like it to be, but of course that won't work with 1.5.1

So here's a quick rundown. I had to have a $0 attribute on each product. So each product is $0, 0 weight, 0 stock. Then there's one attribute with the actual pricing and weight and the other is for a free sample ($0/free shipping etc). To keep my actual stock organized I installed Stock by Attributes for ZC 1.5.1. Now I've got the numbers organized, but when I display the amount in stock on product listing page and product info page it takes both attributes' stocks and shows the total.

I'd like it to just do one of several options on the product info page:

1) display one of the attributes stock values in the default position
    2) display stock next to the option names.

Each product uses the same Option Name and Option Value throughout the shop. Sorry I can't link to the site, it's down until launch. Appreciate any & all feedback. Thanks
    Last edited by y0ul053; 28 Aug 2013 at 05:27 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using Stock By Attributes, In Stock Value Is Sum Of Attributes' Stock

I suppose what I really need to know is the basic code I'd use to reference the database. Stock by Attributes uses the structure:

ZC Database -> products_with_attributes_stock (table) ->
    stock_id, products_id, stock_attributes, quantity, sort (fields/columns)

The way I set up the plugin, I need to match products_id and sort will = 1. That would fulfill the criteria pull the correct quantity field. I'm just not really sure what I'm doing on the MySQL/PHP end.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using Stock By Attributes, In Stock Value Is Sum Of Attributes' Stock

Plugin Contributions

That's what I'm using. The wiki page and support forum for it only goes to ZC 1.3.9. After all this searching I feel a little bit like an idiot. Usage file with it shows how to do it. Don't know how many times I've went through the admin panel looking for it before hand and missed it. For anyone else missing it, the option is under configuration -> stock, not product info like I thought it should be

Plugin Contributions

You've learned an important lesson in Zen Cart. Leave the shrink wrap on the "instructions" and strange things can happen.

Glad you got it going. Some support started by the latest author at http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...82#post1211982