Plugin Contributions

Default internal server error on [admin] order edit and checkout process

I am running a very heavily modified version of v1.3.8a (making it hard to upgrade - even though I know that I should). I do know that the pages that are giving the error (../admin/order.php & ../checkout_process) I have not modified.

Without making any changes I started getting an Internal Server Error in the Admin when I click to edit an order. I also get the error when I go to checkout process in the front end of the site.

The error reports "Premature End of Script Headers" in both instances. I have been back and forth with my hosting company and they assure me it is a Zen-Cart issue even though I did not make any changes. They even tried doing a data restore from last week when everything was fine.

I have been up and down the forum and can not seem to find anything that can at least narrow my search for what may be wrong with my code. Can you please let me know what files would have control of both ..admin/order.php & the checkout_process?

Also, could this be an issue with my database? I did load a backup of my database from a couple months back and got the same error.

My site is www.kotapparel.com and can supply admin location and info upon request if needed. Any help in this matter is much appreciated. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: internal server error on [admin] order edit and checkout process

500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR is a generic catch-all error that's displayed when something's happened that would be unsafe to display the details to the screen for a hacker to see how to exploit the server.

FAQ on how to handle 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR situations: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...l-server-error

And, yes, "premature end of script headers" is typically triggered by the equivalent of a 500-error on the server.

And, since your old version contains serious security vulnerabilities, it's quite likely you've been hacked and the code isn't doing what it's supposed to do.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...ing_From_Hacks

Further, as explained in the FAQ article I mentioned above, it could be that the hosting company changed security rules on the server and now some of your files/folders permissions are causing security problems thus aborting normal operation.

Any way you slice it, the key to the root cause is found in the server's error logs ... either the server's main php error logs, or your domain's equivalent, and/or your apache/IIS error logs and/or your domain's equivalent. Your hosting company is the keeper of those logs, and has complete access to all the information you'll need.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Dr! I have went forward and hired a couple different developers from oDesk, none of which have been able to get the 500 error fixed when clicking checkout_process. I checked the IPN and I am getting communication between PayPal and my site.

Do you think updating to the newest version of Zen-Cart could fix the problem? Right now I would try anything as every hour down is costing me $.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In that sort of scenario I'd be inclined to test a TEST SITE on your server, by installing ZC into a temporary folder and another mysql database, using demo products. See whether checkout gives the same problem.
    I'd test it twice: once with a clean copy of your present older version, and then again with the latest version.
    Looking for patterns and consistency, because if the problem persists with a brand new install, then that loudly suggests the problem is with the server and not your ZC customizations.
    If a clean install of your present older version works fine then start applying your customizations to it, testing repeatedly at various steps, to see which step breaks it. Then eventually import a copy of your live database into the test site and do some tests.

In the absence of the hosting company providing any useful details from the server about why the server is throwing the generic error, this complex and slow testing is the most efficient way to diagnose the root cause so that it can be fixed.

There is no guarantee that an upgrade will fix this issue ... because this issue only suddenly started. But it is very possible that the cleanup involved in an upgrade might actually fix it, especially if there is rogue/malicious hacker stuff in your site becuase an intruder has exploited an old vulnerability in your very old version if that's what's triggering the error.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks so much Dr. I will post back what I find.

Plugin Contributions

I was able to load fresh versions of Zen-Cart both 1.3.8 and 1.5.1 without any problems.

I also uploaded a copy of my current site to a different host and I now have an error to report.
    - (56) SSL read: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0), errno 104

I am not sure what this means exactly, I think it is some sort of PayPal read error. Is there any light you can shine on this error message? Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like maybe a CURL error ... which only your hosting company can fix.
    CURL testing and troubleshooting can be done using the /extras/curltester.php script. See here for testing CURL with and without SSL and against paypal: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-Testing-Tools

Plugin Contributions

I ran the CURL test script on my current site and here is the error result:

Array
    (
    [url] => "https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp"
    [content_type] => text/plain; charset=utf-8
    [http_code] => 200
    [header_size] => 153
    [request_size] => 166
    [filetime] => -1
    [ssl_verify_result] => 0
    [redirect_count] => 0
    [total_time] => 0.258243
    [namelookup_time] => 0.001157
    [connect_time] => 0.039679
    [pretransfer_time] => 0.184159
    [size_upload] => 37
    [size_download] => 146
    [speed_download] => 565
    [speed_upload] => 143
    [download_content_length] => 146
    [upload_content_length] => 37
    [starttransfer_time] => 0.25811
    [redirect_time] => 0
    )

ACK=Failure&L_ERRORCODE0=81002&L_SHORTMESSAGE0=Unspecified%20Method&L_LONGMESSAG E0=Method%20Specified%20is%20not%20Supported&L_SEVERITYCODE0=ErrorEOF

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by corygatz View Post
    I ran the CURL test script on my current site and here is the error result:

Array
    (
    [url] => "https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp"
    [content_type] => text/plain; charset=utf-8
    [http_code] => 200
    [header_size] => 153
    [request_size] => 166
    [filetime] => -1
    [ssl_verify_result] => 0
    [redirect_count] => 0
    [total_time] => 0.258243
    [namelookup_time] => 0.001157
    [connect_time] => 0.039679
    [pretransfer_time] => 0.184159
    [size_upload] => 37
    [size_download] => 146
    [speed_download] => 565
    [speed_upload] => 143
    [download_content_length] => 146
    [upload_content_length] => 37
    [starttransfer_time] => 0.25811
    [redirect_time] => 0
    )

ACK=Failure&L_ERRORCODE0=81002&L_SHORTMESSAGE0=Unspecified%20Method&L_LONGMESSAG E0=Method%20Specified%20is%20not%20Supported&L_SEVERITYCODE0=ErrorEOF
    Well, that demonstrates successful connection to PayPal over SSL. (The error message is from PayPal's servers, which means you connected to them, else you wouldn't have gotten their response.)