Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive All Business Template

Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
    I'll keep an eye out for that.

I've more or less got it up and running now but I did come across one other thing, which will have been shown up by the PHP configuration on my test server. The shopping cart was not displaying properly in the header:

Attachment 14100

The cause is in includes/templates/responsive_all_business/common/tpl_header.php, line 58 where short tags are used. i.e. "<?" instead of "<?php". My PHP configuration disallows these and there must be others with a similar configuration. Changing each of these to "<?php" fixed it.

I just thought I'd mention it in this thread in case anyone else has the same problem.

Thanks again for a really useful template (and all the other templates you have provided).
    Thank you for posting. I believe that this has already been posted about and I do have this bug with the short tags noted for a future update ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Your theme looks great! But I have a problem, I installed the theme and everything is good when displayed in English but when I go to German it is missing some icons, like the shopping cart icon, search icon, etc... Did I forget to do something?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Muddbog View Post
    Your theme looks great! But I have a problem, I installed the theme and everything is good when displayed in English but when I go to German it is missing some icons, like the shopping cart icon, search icon, etc... Did I forget to do something?
    Yes, the template only has english natively. If you want to use the template with another language you need to copy all of the template language files to your new language and then translate them.

Thanks,

Anne

Quote Originally Posted by StitchJunkie View Post
    History of build. New install of 1.5.1 files with brand new database.
    Then restored db from a copy of the database being used in my current live store.
    Then went to zc_install and did upgrade to upgrade the database.
    Anne, I'm back after starting from scratch. Everything appeared to be processing ok until I started going thru the store to make sure everything was displaying. When I open any category page there is a statesment saying displaying 1 to 4 (of 4 products) displaying etc, but the pages are blank. The 'best sellers' sidebox shows the products, is clickable, and the page of each product appears correctly then. The issue is the main category page is blank. I believe it's related to the issue I have previously in that the settings in the Configuration>Product Listing page in admin still won't retain any of the settings shown in your instructions for install. Any ideas on where I can start? Name:  Product settings won't stay when saved.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  46.5 KB

Really strange, without changes they are now viewable. Can you tell me, though, how can I get the settings listed in the install information to display in admin? The values are still not able to be seen as above.

Plugin Contributions

Really strange, without changes they are now viewable. Can you tell me, though, how can I get the settings listed in the install information to display in admin? The values are still not able to be seen as above.
    This is not a problem inherent in the template package. If you are making changes in your admin that are not saving, the problem is with your zen cart install.

Thanks,

Anne

I had this same issue with the previous couple of attempts. All are with brand new 151 installs, however every time I'm using a copy of the 139 database upgraded after the default install. Do you think this could be the issue? In the 139 upgrade to151 forum, some feedback I received was they thought maybe this was the result of my having used cherry zen in my 139 store and that remnants of that template may be stopping the edits. However I just can't see how that could be from a db, however I'm definitely not an expert. I don't have any training on web design and have just used templates over the years. Any ideas on where to look other than validating all the 151 files were uploaded, etc?

I guess, bottom line, do you see any problem with continuing with the template as it is, blanks and all? The store seems to be functioning OK despite the blanks....

Plugin Contributions

I had this same issue with the previous couple of attempts. All are with brand new 151 installs, however every time I'm using a copy of the 139 database upgraded after the default install. Do you think this could be the issue? In the 139 upgrade to151 forum, some feedback I received was they thought maybe this was the result of my having used cherry zen in my 139 store and that remnants of that template may be stopping the edits. However I just can't see how that could be from a db, however I'm definitely not an expert. I don't have any training on web design and have just used templates over the years. Any ideas on where to look other than validating all the 151 files were uploaded, etc?

I guess, bottom line, do you see any problem with continuing with the template as it is, blanks and all? The store seems to be functioning OK despite the blanks....
    Can you post a link to the page with the problems?

Thanks,

Anne

The place that won't hold edits is in the admin area "Configuration>Product Listing". The only thing I can think is that the settings are there after I ran your SQLs, maybe I just can't see them. The store seems to be functioning properly. I'll take the store out of maintenance mode for a while so you can see the storefront. http://151real151.gingerbreadtearoom.com

Plugin Contributions

The place that won't hold edits is in the admin area "Configuration>Product Listing". The only thing I can think is that the settings are there after I ran your SQLs, maybe I just can't see them. The store seems to be functioning properly. I'll take the store out of maintenance mode for a while so you can see the storefront. http://151real151.gingerbreadtearoom.com
    This is not a template problem. If you have run the sql patches and are not seeing the changes in your admin, you can try running them through your phpmyadmin.

Thanks,

Anne

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast