Plugin Contributions

Default Quantity Discount box and "add to cart" button does not show up in "Category" view

Is there any way to get the quantity discount box and "add to cart" button to show up in the category view?

Category view seen here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quantity1.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	13018

This is what is seen once you click on a the item:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quantity2.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	13019

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quantity Discount box and "add to cart" button does not show up in "Category" vie

sorry guys this is version 1.5.1 and theme is modified antiseptic

I found this tidbit that calls for the quantity box in the tpl_product_info_display.php, can I insert this somewhere in the tpl_modules_product_listing.php for my template to call out a quantity discount box in the "category" view?

PHP Code:

<!--bof Quantity Discounts table -->

<?php

if ($products_discount_type != 0) { ?>

<?php

/**

* display the products quantity discount

*/

require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_modules_products_quantity_discounts.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_products_quantity_discounts.php'); ?>

<?php

}

?>

<!--eof Quantity Discounts table -->

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quantity Discount box and "add to cart" button does not show up in "Category" vie

To run that code you need to know based on the products_id that Product's info for:
    $products_discount_type

which is in the table:
    products

in the field:
    products_discount_type

If you use anything to handle the Prices/Add to cart buttons being controlled based on customer's logged in or not, customer status etc. for the variable:
    $zc_hidden_discounts_on

And the variable:
    $products_id_current

needs to be set, based on the Product products_id ...

So if you prepare those variables, and set them just above the code that you posted ... then work the code into your section of the display for each Product in your listing, you can, in theory, add the Quantity Discounts ...

NOTE: I just did a brief run through of the code files involved to display the product_info page ... I may have missed a few things or I could be right on ... no promises just a quick check on this stuff ...

NOTE: I have written up a lot of this information in a post "somewhere" on the forum in the last month to 3 months but I forget which thread and have not the time at the moment to hunt that down for you ...

I hope this provides you with some clues on your quest ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

thanks for that buddy, but it sounds like im in over my head, I dont really understand what you are saying lol.

Plugin Contributions

If I get time, probably next week, I will try to put something together for you on this ...

NOTE: you might try to see all of my posts and search them for this as I thought I wrote it up for someone else the other day ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

While you asked for this sometime ago, I did finally get around to working with it ...

See if the code I posted this afternoon helps you out ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...roduct-Listing
    Linda McGrath