Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CEON Advanced Shipper 5.0.2 -> USP

Hi Judy,
    I checked with JSweb and they have no plans to fix it. I'm in the process of hashing out all the changes required on the 5.0.2 level for several clients.
    That is not correct - anyone who has enquired of JSWeb has been advised that work is in progress.

@badac - Advanced Shipper remains a Ceon commercially produced module and I advise you to check the license terms carefully before publishing anything.

As far as I'm aware, even though Conor's work is highly respected by the ZenCart dev team, the normal rules of the forum apply. Indeed, a certain amount of tolerance has already been given in allowing this discussion.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Work in progress, for over year, thats how long i have been asking them to fix it. they dont know how to fix it. i have written to 1 of the authors of the fedex portion of Advanced Shipper, Ceon was not the only author, and he is looking into it.
    question, so if their module doesn't work any longer and i modified to work again, i cant upload my version to the public?

Plugin Contributions

dont know how to fix it
    Also incorrect. It's a matter of priorities.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
    Work in progress, for over year, thats how long i have been asking them to fix it. they dont know how to fix it. i have written to 1 of the authors of the fedex portion of Advanced Shipper, Ceon was not the only author, and he is looking into it.
    question, so if their module doesn't work any longer and i modified to work again, i cant upload my version to the public?
    You would have to look at the wording in Connor's license for Advanced Shipper, but quick answer, no, you could not post a "new version" with all your included changes. BUT!

You can post your CHANGES to the original code as these changes would not covered by his copyright.

If you purchased from JSWEB, you should review any changes they may have made to the licensing.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    You would have to look at the wording in Connor's license for Advanced Shipper, but quick answer, no, you could not post a "new version" with all your included changes. BUT!

You can post your CHANGES to the original code as these changes would not covered by his copyright.

If you purchased from JSWEB, you should review any changes they may have made to the licensing.
    I have looked at the license included with the code purchased directly from Conor. The code portion was distributed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991. Under that license the code may be distributed in whole or in part under that license as long as it contains that license. The fly in the ointment is the documentation which is copyrighted and would need to be recreated as a unique work. I don't know what license is being distributed with the add-on from JSWeb but I would think that it would need to be compliant with Conor's original license.

Plugin Contributions

why would jsweb continue to sell a module that is faulty to begin with. Fixing it is a low priority i guess.

Plugin Contributions

I have completed and tested a patch for the USPS V4 changes. PM me with your email address if you want a copy. Be aware that you must already have advanced shipper 5.0.2 installed. I will NOT distribute the entire module, only the changed files.

Plugin Contributions

@badarac - I believe your solution to distribution is perfectly acceptable. The documentation we provide with 5.0.2 is Conor's as was agreed back in 2012.

@jimmie - one reason is that the vast majority of UK users don't use USPS, UPS or Fedex and the main elements of the module work perfectly well so we would put a notice on our site saying such. However, once we have completed our rebuild, we will no longer be issuing v5.0.2

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ryk View Post
    @jimmie - one reason is that the vast majority of UK users don't use USPS, UPS or Fedex and the main elements of the module work perfectly well so we would put a notice on our site saying such. However, once we have completed our rebuild, we will no longer be issuing v5.0.2
    Does this mean you'll be shipping a new release or dropping the product?

Plugin Contributions

As I said...
    However, once we have completed our rebuild, we will no longer be issuing v5.0.2
    Not a lot of point in rebuilding if we're not going to release it ;-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast