Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Apparel Boutique Template

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    No change when that is patch is executed. Dar n

I could try installing a different responsive template but don't expect any difference since AllBusiness appears the same.
    I hate being a problem child too. I guess there's always a possibility that it is not playing nice with some addon that I've installed but other templates play nice.

Error Failed: 1
    Error ERROR: Cannot ADD column show_box_min_width because it already exists.
    Warning Note: 1 statements ignored. See "upgrade_exceptions" table for additional details.
    The error says that the show_box_min_width column already exists so maybe there is no problem? When you go to admin--tools--layout boxes controller do you see the column?

If you go to your database and look in the configuration_group table do you see more than one id number for the template?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Answers in Blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    The error says that the show_box_min_width column already exists so maybe there is no problem? When you go to admin--tools--layout boxes controller do you see the column?
    Yes. Blue Text. All turned OFF per instructions.

Admin: Configuration: Layout Settings: No Blue Text in first row as shown in readme
    Admin: Configuration: Responsive Apparel Boutique: No data in TITLE, VALUE, ACTION

If you go to your database and look in the configuration_group table do you see more than one id number for the template?
    YES. 2 instances of Apparel Boutique, followed by 1 instance of All Business, followed by a 3rd instance of Apparel Boutique.

Thanks,

Anne
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Answers in Blue.
    Did you run this patch:

Code:
    INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES 
    (NULL, '<font color="#0044ff">ACTIVATE Responsive Template by selecting Column Widths</font>', 'COLUMN_WIDTH', '2', 'Width of the Left and Right Columns<br />0 = Use Default Template Settings<br />1 = 75px<br />2 = 180px<br />3 = 225px',@configuration_group_id, NULL, NOW(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'0\', \'1\', \'2\', \'3\'),');

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

You have all parts installed correctly from what I can see.

The funny and (irritating) thing about the responsive design is that when using div;s, all the coding errors prevent the layout from correctly displaying as it should where as using HTML tables in the stock code contained the errors within the TR;s and TD;s.

First and foremost issue with responsive design:

An opening div tag without a closing div tag
    No opening div tag with a closing div tag
    An extra div tag

I use FF - Right Click anywhere on your page > Click View Page Source

Find the code that is (BOLDED and in RED font) and fix it.
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    The funny and (irritating) thing about the responsive design is that when using div;s, all the coding errors prevent the layout from correctly displaying as it should where as using HTML tables in the stock code contained the errors within the TR;s and TD;s.
    Generally speaking.

Anne, your templates validate 100% as expected. Great work as always!
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post

Find the code that is (BOLDED and in RED font) and fix it.
    Calling it quits for tonight before my eyes start squealing any more.

What I can't figure out is how this "/div" prevents admin configuration settings from appearing where they should appear. Without that access, none of the responsive settings can be made (other than layout boxes).
    What I don't understand is why this '/div' only seems to show itself when any of these responsive templates are attempted.

Things appear somewhat normal when a new responsive template in uploaded but before clicking "Reset" in layout boxes controller.

Will resume the hunt tomorrow.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Calling it quits for tonight before my eyes start squealing any more.

What I can't figure out is how this "/div" prevents admin configuration settings from appearing where they should appear. Without that access, none of the responsive settings can be made (other than layout boxes).
    What I don't understand is why this '/div' only seems to show itself when any of these responsive templates are attempted.

Things appear somewhat normal when a new responsive template in uploaded but before clicking "Reset" in layout boxes controller.

Will resume the hunt tomorrow.
    Can you try turning off your banner sideboxes with the upfront code?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Done. No effect. Also turned off all the excess rabslide banner images.

I can comprehend how doing these things will affect the displayed page.
    I cannot comprehend how these things will cause the admin responsive options which do not appear for setup, to appear in the configuration screens to be setup.

I would rather figure out how I got this so messed up instead of just wiping out the entire install and starting with a fresh V1.5.1 install. A fresh install would eliminate all learning opportunities.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Done. No effect. Also turned off all the excess rabslide banner images.

I can comprehend how doing these things will affect the displayed page.
    I cannot comprehend how these things will cause the admin responsive options which do not appear for setup, to appear in the configuration screens to be setup.

I would rather figure out how I got this so messed up instead of just wiping out the entire install and starting with a fresh V1.5.1 install. A fresh install would eliminate all learning opportunities.
    It looks like you might be missing files. If it were me, I would start over. Be sure that you upload all files, including the admin ones ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I would do that but I've already added all of your responsive templates and get the same result on each. There is something common and most likely something that I've mucked up in the process but I'm not ready to throw in the towel. I'll let you know what happens but don't want to contaminate your support thread any more.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast