Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Apparel Boutique Template

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    I would do that but I've already added all of your responsive templates and get the same result on each. There is something common and most likely something that I've mucked up in the process but I'm not ready to throw in the towel. I'll let you know what happens but don't want to contaminate your support thread any more.
    I will pm you.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Greetings! You do good work; I'm liking this and your other new templates (having fun trying to see how far I can wreck them!)

Seriously: Is there an easy way (yeah, I know, "easy") to add/remove/adjust the slides parameters? I would like to see how to change size (I think I have), plus add or remove slides and changing the number of them, change the slide and layout size and changing the transition from slide to fade... Are these easy to do?...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chowardart View Post
    Greetings! You do good work; I'm liking this and your other new templates (having fun trying to see how far I can wreck them!)

Seriously: Is there an easy way (yeah, I know, "easy") to add/remove/adjust the slides parameters? I would like to see how to change size (I think I have), plus add or remove slides and changing the number of them, change the slide and layout size and changing the transition from slide to fade... Are these easy to do?...
    I am happy that you like the templates ;)

You can visit the slides js site for instructions on changing the various javacript options. You can add more slides, etc by editing the includes/templates/responsive_apparel_boutique/common/tpl_home_slider.php file. The slide show dimensions can be changed in the stylesheet_slides.css file.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    I am happy that you like the templates ;)

You can visit the slides js site for instructions on changing the various javacript options. You can add more slides, etc by editing the includes/templates/responsive_apparel_boutique/common/tpl_home_slider.php file. The slide show dimensions can be changed in the stylesheet_slides.css file.
    Sorry to keep asking, but my results... I added a new image (rapslide6.jpg where the other slides are (images/banners/). I added the slide listing in the store's Banner Manager, and matched the info set up of the other five rapslide images already there. Then I went to tpl_home_slider.php file, copied the rapslide5 code and pasted it in after the 5 code and changed it to 6:

<?php
    if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETRAP6 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETRAP6)) {
    if ($banner->RecordCount() > 0) {
    echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner);
    }
    }
    ?>

(so now there's 1 through 6)

Refresh the main page but it still shows only 5... Did I miss a step?

Plugin Contributions

Sorry to keep asking, but my results... I added a new image (rapslide6.jpg where the other slides are (images/banners/). I added the slide listing in the store's Banner Manager, and matched the info set up of the other five rapslide images already there. Then I went to tpl_home_slider.php file, copied the rapslide5 code and pasted it in after the 5 code and changed it to 6:

<?php
    if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETRAP6 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETRAP6)) {
    if ($banner->RecordCount() > 0) {
    echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner);
    }
    }
    ?>

(so now there's 1 through 6)

Refresh the main page but it still shows only 5... Did I miss a step?
    There are more steps involved. You are creating a new banner group. If you do a search on the forum you will find several how to's about this ;) You will also need to add the database info. See the sql patch for details on what needs to be added to the database.

Thanks,

Anne
    Last edited by picaflor-azul; 18 Sep 2013 at 05:32 PM.

Plugin Contributions

A-Ha! You're trying to TEACH me something! (Grateful!) Let's see how I do flying solo on this one...

Plugin Contributions

A-Ha! You're trying to TEACH me something! (Grateful!) Let's see how I do flying solo on this one...
    Let me know if you need help ;) I have to spend some time creating patches for the new templates---just found a bug! but I will have time to help you if you get stuck.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    There are more steps involved. You are creating a new banner group. If you do a search on the forum you will find several how to's about this ;) You will also need to add the database info. See the sql patch for details on what needs to be added to the database.
    OK, I was successful at adding the info manually to the database by MySQL, which is where I have some experience. Where I don't have experience with is in these sql files, and I wanted to ask, if I were to create the following and save it as an sql file, would it work?

Here's the code I came up with:

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES
    (NULL, 'Banner Display Groups - Rapslide6', 'SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETRAP6', 'rapslide6', 'Rapslide 6', @configuration_group_id, 34, NOW(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `banners` (`banners_id`, `banners_title`, `banners_url`, `banners_image`, `banners_group`, `banners_html_text`, `expires_impressions`, `expires_date`, `date_scheduled`, `date_added`, `date_status_change`, `status`, `banners_open_new_windows`, `banners_on_ssl`, `banners_sort_order`) VALUES
    ('', 'rapslide6', 'http://www.picaflor-azul.com', 'banners/rapslide6.jpg', 'rapslide6', NULL, '0', NULL, NULL, '0001-01-01 00:00:00', NULL, '1', '1', '1', '0');

Does this kind of code need any headers or closing statements? (Yes, I AM a student at all of this...)

Thanks for your help!

Plugin Contributions

love these templates and especially the responsive designs.. can't wait for the andover modern to be converted.. wish i could figure it out myself.. :)

Plugin Contributions

do you give a full list of the changes to the old template so that those of us who are using the old, non-responive versions, can manually update our templates - since we probably have made many customizations and can't just override the template files.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast