Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Apparel Boutique Template

also if we run the sql patches, we will not be able to use the old non-responive templates any more? i ask because we're using the multi-site module and many sites are run from the same database and any changes might affect the other sites since they are using your older non-responsive versions of the templates..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lidlchris View Post
    do you give a full list of the changes to the old template so that those of us who are using the old, non-responive versions, can manually update our templates - since we probably have made many customizations and can't just override the template files.
    If you compare a clean copy of the original to the new responsive version you will see all the changes. I however suggest you move your customisation into the responsive version rather than the responsive into your customised version.

Plugin Contributions

also if we run the sql patches, we will not be able to use the old non-responive templates any more? i ask because we're using the multi-site module and many sites are run from the same database and any changes might affect the other sites since they are using your older non-responsive versions of the templates..
    You'll need to ensure you have a safe backup as I haven't yet heard of anyone using multisite and installing these new templates. However I can confirm that in INDIVIDUAL usage I can stop from original (non responsive) to responsive with no issues whatsoever.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chowardart View Post
    OK, I was successful at adding the info manually to the database by MySQL, which is where I have some experience. Where I don't have experience with is in these sql files, and I wanted to ask, if I were to create the following and save it as an sql file, would it work?

Here's the code I came up with:

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES
    (NULL, 'Banner Display Groups - Rapslide6', 'SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETRAP6', 'rapslide6', 'Rapslide 6', @configuration_group_id, 34, NOW(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `banners` (`banners_id`, `banners_title`, `banners_url`, `banners_image`, `banners_group`, `banners_html_text`, `expires_impressions`, `expires_date`, `date_scheduled`, `date_added`, `date_status_change`, `status`, `banners_open_new_windows`, `banners_on_ssl`, `banners_sort_order`) VALUES
    ('', 'rapslide6', 'http://www.picaflor-azul.com', 'banners/rapslide6.jpg', 'rapslide6', NULL, '0', NULL, NULL, '0001-01-01 00:00:00', NULL, '1', '1', '1', '0');

Does this kind of code need any headers or closing statements? (Yes, I AM a student at all of this...)

Thanks for your help!
    No, I don't think so because it would not take the empty confiugration group id field.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

do you give a full list of the changes to the old template so that those of us who are using the old, non-responive versions, can manually update our templates - since we probably have made many customizations and can't just override the template files.
    No, the responsive template packages are really too different to just list out the changes. Not only am I converting the old templates to responsive templates, but I am also fixing all known/reported bugs and integrating in the design from scratch to (hopefully) ensure that any css or other coding issues are fixed ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

The responsive-ness can be turned on and off in the admin so you can load any templates and use them. Also, all of the responsive files are in the template override so it really should not matter if you install a non-responsive template. The non-responsive template will not be effected or be responsive.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    If you compare a clean copy of the original to the new responsive version you will see all the changes. I however suggest you move your customisation into the responsive version rather than the responsive into your customised version.
    Yes, this is correct ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    No, the responsive template packages are really too different to just list out the changes. Not only am I converting the old templates to responsive templates, but I am also fixing all known/reported bugs and integrating in the design from scratch to (hopefully) ensure that any css or other coding issues are fixed ;)

Thanks,

Anne

ok thanks...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    The responsive-ness can be turned on and off in the admin so you can load any templates and use them. Also, all of the responsive files are in the template override so it really should not matter if you install a non-responsive template. The non-responsive template will not be effected or be responsive.

Thanks,

Anne

i was more worried about the database changes affecting my other templates than the files.. but i'm guessing those changes don't affrect the old templates?

Plugin Contributions

i was more worried about the database changes affecting my other templates than the files.. but i'm guessing those changes don't affrect the old templates?
    No, the responsive database changes will not effect your other installed templates.

Thanks,

Anne

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast