Plugin Contributions

Default Creating 'packs' of other products

I have in my shop things listed individually eg http://pixielabels.com/index.php?mai...&products_id=1

What I'd like to do is be able to list a 10 pack - at a slightly cheaper price - and if it's purchased it takes 10 off the individual listing. Is there a way to do this?
    Proud shop owner at Pixie Labels

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Creating 'packs' of other products

While it's not the same thing, have you considered adding Quantity Discounts? http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...to-my-products

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, but the problem I had with it was it wasn't clear to the customer they were getting a discount - so not until checkout did it show. This didn't prompt them to buy more, as they weren't aware 'if you buy 2 more, you get 10% discount' or something.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When discounts are configured, a chart showing the discounted price is shown on the product page. Did you remove that from your template so they no longer see it?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

No I hadn't. I followed the install instructions, and saw nothing, except at checkout where it discounted. It didn't show them why they got it or anything.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

This link takes you to example products which have various forms of Qty Discounts configured:
    http://www.zen-cart.net/index.php?ma...ex&cPath=54_55

If your site isn't displaying them, then your template is missing the code to output the information.