Plugin Contributions

Default 2CO - Sometimes New Order Confirmation Emails are not being sent out

I have been experiencing this problem for a while now. There are instances where the order email confirmation is not being sent out but most of the time the email is sent out. I only find out about the order when I get an email from my payment gateway confirming the order. Please can you help as this is now happening more frequently. Is there something that I need to do or upgrade?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Orders Not Recording and New Order Emails not being sent

The problem of not receiving order confirmations and the orders not being added to Customers > Orders is intermittent.

The payment gateway that I am using is 2Checkout.

Please help as this is now making me uneasy. The one consolation I have is that 2CO also sends out a confirmation of the order. I am not sure if this is an update issue.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 2CO - Sometimes New Order Confirmation Emails are not being sent out

The PHP code expects a response from (whatever payment gateway), and relies on the payment module to validate the response as being accepted as real.
    Then Zen Cart proceeds to create the order in the database, attach the products to it, and then send out the order-confirmation email to the customer, followed by one to the store administrator.

Just like with any PHP programming error, if any fatal PHP error occurs in any of those steps, the PHP code execution halts and aborts its normal operation.

Sounds like that's what's happening in your case.

You said you're using v1.5.0, which stores php error logs in the /cache/ folder. So look there to see what errors are occurring, and fix them.
    Related: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 2CO - Sometimes New Order Confirmation Emails are not being sent out

Thank you very much for the response. I checked the /cache/ folder and I have seen the logs. However, I am a novice at PHP and I still do not understand why the error occurs sometimes and yet at other times (which is most of the time) it works. This is a sample of the error that was recorded:

[01-Sep-2013 11:05:34] PHP Fatal error: 1062: Duplicate entry 'zc_9b41e5ce79b3ea0cb51c3c6e45a797e8' for key 'PRIMARY' :: insert into znc_db_cache set cache_entry_name = 'zc_9b41e5ce79b3ea0cb51c3c6e45a797e8

Please if you can can you advise on how I can fix this or would I need an expert in PHP to fix this for me.

Once again, thank you for your assistance thus far.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Did that error occur at the time when a transaction was not properly recorded? Or is that error unrelated to the discussion at hand?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

yes, this error is related to the transaction that was not recorded properly.

Plugin Contributions

I am still experiencing this problem, could someone please assist. Most of the time this works perfectly but sometimes it doesnt. The only way of me knowing that there is an order is when I receive an email from 2Checkout. I tried to do what you stated above but I have experienced the same problem again. Please see below for the full error that i got when the email didnt come through when someone placed an order on the first of September:

[01-Sep-2013 11:05:34] PHP Fatal error: 1062uplicate entry 'zc_9b41e5ce79b3ea0cb51c3c6e45a797e8' for key 'PRIMARY' :: insert into znc_db_cache set cache_entry_name = 'zc_9b41e5ce79b3ea0cb51c3c6e45a797e8',
    cache_data = 'YTo4OntpOjA7YTo0OntzOjEzOiJjYXRlZ29yaWVzX2lkIjtzOjM6IjE2OSI7czoxNToiY2F0ZWdvcml lc19uYW1lIjtzOjU6IkdpZnRzIjtzOjk6InBhcmVudF9pZCI7czoxOiIwIjtzOjE2OiJjYXRlZ29yaWV zX2ltYWdlIjtOO31pOjE7YTo0OntzOjEzOiJjYXRlZ29yaWVzX2lkIjtzOjM6IjE3OCI7czoxNToiY2F 0ZWdvcmllc19uYW1lIjtzOjc6IkhhbXBlcnMiO3M6OToicGFyZW50X2lkIjtzOjE6IjAiO3M6MTY6ImN hdGVnb3JpZXNfaW1hZ2UiO047fWk6MjthOjQ6e3M6MTM6ImNhdGVnb3JpZXNfaWQiO3M6MzoiMTcxIjt zOjE1OiJjYXRlZ29yaWVzX25hbWUiO3M6MTA6IlN0YXRpb25lcnkiO3M6OToicGFyZW50X2lkIjtzOjE 6IjAiO3M6MTY6ImNhdGVnb3JpZXNfaW1hZ2UiO3M6MDoiIjt9aTozO2E6NDp7czoxMzoiY2F0ZWdvcml lc19pZCI7czoxOiIxIjtzOjE1OiJjYXRlZ29yaWVzX25hbWUiO3M6OToiR3JvY2VyaWVzIjtzOjk6InB hcmVudF9pZCI7czoxOiIwIjtzOjE2OiJjYXRlZ29yaWVzX2ltYWdlIjtzOjA6IiI7fWk6NDthOjQ6e3M 6MTM6ImNhdGVnb3JpZXNfaWQiO3M6MToiMiI7czoxNToiY2F0ZWdvcmllc19uYW1lIjtzOjY6IkRyaW5 rcyI7czo5OiJwYXJlbnRfaWQiO3M6MToiMCI7czoxNjoiY2F0ZWdvcmllc19pbWFnZSI7czoxMDoiZHJ pbmtzLmpwZyI7fWk6NTthOjQ6e3M6MTM6ImNhdGVnb3JpZXNfaWQiO3M6MToiMyI7czoxNToiY2F0ZWd vcmllc19uYW1lIjtzOjEzOiJCYWJ5IFByb2R1Y3RzIjtzOjk6InBhcmVudF9pZCI7czoxOiIwIjtzOjE 2OiJjYXRlZ29yaWVzX2ltYWdlIjtzOjEwOiJiYWJpZXMuanBnIjt9aTo2O2E6NDp7czoxMzoiY2F0ZWd vcmllc19pZCI7czoyOiI5MSI7czoxNToiY2F0ZWdvcmllc19uYW1lIjtzOjk6IkhvdXNlaG9sZCI7czo 5OiJwYXJlbnRfaWQiO3M6MToiMCI7czoxNjoiY2F0ZWdvcmllc19pbWFnZSI7Tjt9aTo3O2E6NDp7czo xMzoiY2F0ZWdvcmllc19pZCI7czozOiIxMTkiO3M6MTU6ImNhdGVnb3JpZXNfbmFtZSI7czoxOToiUGV yc29uYWwgVG9pbGV0cmllcyI7czo5OiJwYXJlbnRfaWQiO3M6MToiMCI7czoxNjoiY2F0ZWdvcmllc19 pbWFnZSI7Tjt9fQ==',
    cache_entry_created = '1378055134' in /home4/zimbogin/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 101

Please can you assist as I need to get this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Dunno why it's running into the duplicate-entry problem.

But you can turn off the whole caching feature by setting SQL_CACHE_METHOD to 'none' in your configure.php files:

Code:
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none');