Plugin Contributions

Default Error when sending email to Dormant Subscribers. 0 Sent.

When I try to send an email selecting Dormant Customers (>3 months)(Subscribers)(144), I get back an error message that says that 0 addresses were sent to. What is wrong? I double checked that it could send to individuals, as I sent one to my test account. I've sent ones to Newsletters subscribers before with no problem. This is the first time I've attempted to send to Dormant Customers. Thanks in advance for any help. I'm going to bed now, but I will check back tomorrow for any answers.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error when sending email to Dormant Subscribers. 0 Sent.

Update: I sent an email using "Customers who have never completed a Purchase". It went through. So it appears to only be the "Dormant Customers (subscribers)" that has a problem. I don't have any mods. Any suggestions on how to fix this are appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Maybe some of the email addresses (especially the first one) are bad, and it failed to continue.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm. Is there any way (since the email addresses don't show) to check that. Also since I have never had trouble sending to all newsletter subscribers, should only sending to Newsletter subscribers that have been dormant over 3 months be a problem. Meaning that wouldn't the same failing email address from Dormant Newsletter Subscribers also be in All Newsletter Subscribers?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by xandros2000 View Post
    Hmmm. Is there any way (since the email addresses don't show) to check that. Also since I have never had trouble sending to all newsletter subscribers, should only sending to Newsletter subscribers that have been dormant over 3 months be a problem. Meaning that wouldn't the same failing email address from Dormant Newsletter Subscribers also be in All Newsletter Subscribers?
    I assume you are using the Newsletter Subscribe Mod?
    If so it has an issue with names and emails with some characters such as the single quote character.
    This would cause the sending to crash.
    The quick fix is to remove the offending character in the name or if its in the email address, turn that subscriber into a non subscriber.