Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Carlisle Fresh Template Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    If I were you, I would restore the original stylesheet and tpl_header.php file. Just add your logo as the logo should be added and then adjust the other header elements using css to suit your needs.
    If you will not be using the tagline, there is a patch posted earlier in the thread with corrected code for the tpl_header.php file.
    Thanks,
    Anne
    Thanks Anne,

Turns out the tagline was indeed causing the problem, but when I replaced its content in header.php with a space rather than leave it totally blank, that fixed the header position issue.

But...now that my logo/header image goes across the entire width, one can't enter anything in the search field - looks like it's underneath the logo (as are the login/cart/checkout links and the main menu, but those somehow function properly). I tried applying z-index values of 9000 and 1, respectively, to #headerWrapper and #navMainWrapper, but that didn't help. What do you suggest?

Thanks!
    Magz

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by magz View Post
    Thanks Anne,

Turns out the tagline was indeed causing the problem, but when I replaced its content in header.php with a space rather than leave it totally blank, that fixed the header position issue.

But...now that my logo/header image goes across the entire width, one can't enter anything in the search field - looks like it's underneath the logo (as are the login/cart/checkout links and the main menu, but those somehow function properly). I tried applying z-index values of 9000 and 1, respectively, to #headerWrapper and #navMainWrapper, but that didn't help. What do you suggest?

Thanks!
    Magz
    You need to add a width to the overlapping elements. I would add borders of different colors to the elements to see which is overlapping.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I am having problems with the login/cart/checkout links at the top of the page. My page shows just the bottoms of each of them and they are not legible, I was wondering if there was a way to fix this. Site www.lutheranshirts.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Todder View Post
    I am having problems with the login/cart/checkout links at the top of the page. My page shows just the bottoms of each of them and they are not legible, I was wondering if there was a way to fix this. Site www.lutheranshirts.com
    You can change the stylesheet.css from:

Code:
    #navMain ul {float: right;line-height: 1.5em;list-style-type: none;margin: -80px 0 0;padding: 0 0 0.5em;text-align: right;}
    to

Code:
    #navMain ul {float: right;line-height: 1.5em;list-style-type: none;margin: -40px 0 0;padding: 0 0 0.5em;text-align: right;}
    Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

You need to add a width to the overlapping elements. I would add borders of different colors to the elements to see which is overlapping.
    Thanks,
    Anne
    Hi Anne - maybe I didn't say what I meant - the vertical and horizontal position on the screen is now good for all elements, it's the depth that seems to be a problem. Instead of the header/logo image being in the background of the search field, the search field appears to be in the background of the (semi-transparent) logo image. As a result, although I can see the search field, when I try typing in it, instead I'm hovering over the logo. I noticed that in Firefox and Opera I can actually type in the field, but then clicking the magnifying glass icon does nothing. Pressing "enter" does complete the search, but that's only FF and Opera, in Chrome and Safari I can't even type the search term (haven't checked IE yet...) My guess is this is a layer issue, but I don't seem to be able to figure out what's in what layer and how to put the search field in front of the header/logo. What file(s) and element(s) should I be editing?
    Thanks!
    Magz

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne - maybe I didn't say what I meant - the vertical and horizontal position on the screen is now good for all elements, it's the depth that seems to be a problem. Instead of the header/logo image being in the background of the search field, the search field appears to be in the background of the (semi-transparent) logo image. As a result, although I can see the search field, when I try typing in it, instead I'm hovering over the logo. I noticed that in Firefox and Opera I can actually type in the field, but then clicking the magnifying glass icon does nothing. Pressing "enter" does complete the search, but that's only FF and Opera, in Chrome and Safari I can't even type the search term (haven't checked IE yet...) My guess is this is a layer issue, but I don't seem to be able to figure out what's in what layer and how to put the search field in front of the header/logo. What file(s) and element(s) should I be editing?
    Thanks!
    Magz
    There is no problem. The search glass is not an icon or button, just a background image.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

There is no problem. The search glass is not an icon or button, just a background image.
    Thanks,
    Anne
    Hi Anne,
    OIC, never mind the icon then, but I'm still unable to enter a search term into the search field in Chrome or Safari (on Windows 7)... How do I move the search gizmo in front of the header image? Or is there some browser-specific code I need? (Works in Firefox, Opera and IE.) In case you'd like to take a look, it's at http://test.allstringsnylon.info/
    Thank you,
    Magz

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,
    OIC, never mind the icon then, but I'm still unable to enter a search term into the search field in Chrome or Safari (on Windows 7)... How do I move the search gizmo in front of the header image? Or is there some browser-specific code I need? (Works in Firefox, Opera and IE.) In case you'd like to take a look, it's at http://test.allstringsnylon.info/
    Thank you,
    Magz
    I have already given you my best advice on how to trouble shoot this. My guess is that there is a width or height that is covering the search. See my previous post for trouble shooting tips.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne, i really love this theme. i have only one question that i simply can't find.
    (new to the responsive i guess) I have my banners all a lot larger, in height.
    Where can i change that? i just can't find it. ( its a first in your great templates that I have to ask for help!)

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne, thanks for this great template!!

here comes the most dumb of the questions in this thread... I'm configuring the template but I cannot find the "Carousel Featured Products Configuration" option right under Carlisle Fresh in the Configuration drop down menu.
    (may be I eventually missed an SQL patch, but I am afraid of running them again because of the warnings)

Can you figure out my mistake?

Thanks a lot

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast