Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Carlisle Fresh Template Support Thread

Hello Anne,
    I have my last ( i hope ) question to you also regarding the banners
    I now have them just the way i like it ( thanks again!) but i so much want more than 5 of them. For our business they are important and can be a lot more.
    I tried changing it in the js file, but no success, and in the admin you can only change 5 of them. Where can I change the number of banners ( you call them carslides)? thank you upfront!
    Kernheimer

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne - I broke something again (groan). The featured products carousel was working great at the beginning. Now, when I click the < > buttons, instead of displaying the next set of products, it behaves as if I had clicked the "back to top" button, and the url in the address bar gets /# appended to it. You can see the behavior at http://test.allstringsnylon.info - what should I check for? (This does not generate any error logs or messages.)
    Thank you!
    Magz

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kernheimer View Post
    Hello Anne,
    I have my last ( i hope ) question to you also regarding the banners
    I now have them just the way i like it ( thanks again!) but i so much want more than 5 of them. For our business they are important and can be a lot more.
    I tried changing it in the js file, but no success, and in the admin you can only change 5 of them. Where can I change the number of banners ( you call them carslides)? thank you upfront!
    Kernheimer
    You would have to create additional banner groups and then add the code to the tpl_home_slider.php file.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by magz View Post
    Hi Anne - I broke something again (groan). The featured products carousel was working great at the beginning. Now, when I click the < > buttons, instead of displaying the next set of products, it behaves as if I had clicked the "back to top" button, and the url in the address bar gets /# appended to it. You can see the behavior at http://test.allstringsnylon.info - what should I check for? (This does not generate any error logs or messages.)
    Thank you!
    Magz
    Wow! That is really strange. I would recommend back tracking through your customizations one step at a time until you figure out what you did to break it. You could also download the plugin from the plugins section and get the file list for that module and then re-upload the matching files from the template package.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Wow! That is really strange. I would recommend back tracking through your customizations one step at a time until you figure out what you did to break it. You could also download the plugin from the plugins section and get the file list for that module and then re-upload the matching files from the template package.
    Thanks,
    Anne
    Stranger yet - when I set "Layout Settings -> Always Show Categories on Main Page" to 0, carousel works fine, when that setting is 1, carousel <> buttons act like back to top. Any idea what might be causing this? ~m

Plugin Contributions

You would have to create additional banner groups and then add the code to the tpl_home_slider.php file.

Thanks,

Anne
    Hello Anne, thank you, yes i did, but the 10 i have on my file will not show up at the admin page for carlisle fresh. only the 5 that are there for the carslides.
    I was hoping to add a few more and can not realy find the file to say that to
    Of course i added it to the tpl_home_slider.php, there are now 10, but only 5 availlable on the admin.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by magz View Post
    Stranger yet - when I set "Layout Settings -> Always Show Categories on Main Page" to 0, carousel works fine, when that setting is 1, carousel <> buttons act like back to top. Any idea what might be causing this? ~m
    Good catch! The template is designed for categories to not show on the main page. If you want categories to show on the main page and the carousel to work you will need to customize the tpl_index_categories.php.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kernheimer View Post
    Hello Anne, thank you, yes i did, but the 10 i have on my file will not show up at the admin page for carlisle fresh. only the 5 that are there for the carslides.
    I was hoping to add a few more and can not realy find the file to say that to
    Of course i added it to the tpl_home_slider.php, there are now 10, but only 5 availlable on the admin.
    You also need to add them to the database. See the patch included in the template package for a guide.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

OIC... Actually, with the carousel working, I think I can live without the categories on home page, I'll just make sure I feature something from each major category. Thanks Anne!
    Magz

Good catch! The template is designed for categories to not show on the main page. If you want categories to show on the main page and the carousel to work you will need to customize the tpl_index_categories.php.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Dear Anne,
    As much as i want to, and how many times i tried, i can not get it to work!
    The carslide and the only 5 banners will just pop up in the admin. and when adding to the database, i get a warning that i have a mistake. I even tried only changing the names of the banners ( the jpg files) and that won't work.
    I'm right now desparate to find an sollution to change and add my own more than 5 banners to your lovely template!
    its a quest

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast