Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Carlisle Fresh Template Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bkrajmalnik View Post
    I just installed this template (BTW, it is very nice), but am having an issue where the Useful Links section in the header menu is not being populated (under Info|Useful Links).
    The EZ Page is configured to show on the header, footer, and sidebox (just in case it is needed), but it still does not display. I would be find in having that section removed altogether (have not found where to do that), but if it is there, it should be functional.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    This is not a problem with the template. If you follow the instructions in the readme.html file you will see how to enable these links in the header menu.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    This is not a problem with the template. If you follow the instructions in the readme.html file you will see how to enable these links in the header menu.

Thanks,

Anne
    Anne,
    Thank you very much. I went over all of the steps again, and now it is working fine. Not sure what I may have skipped.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bkrajmalnik View Post
    Anne,
    Thank you very much. I went over all of the steps again, and now it is working fine. Not sure what I may have skipped.
    I am happy that you figured it out :)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne
    Thanks again for another beautiful template!

I'm just getting to work on a new website, www.beadelves.com. So far, everything displays correctly in Firefox, but in Internet Explorer 8 I'm not seeing any links in the Customer Service area of the footer. To re-iterate, I can see them fine in Firefox but not Internet Explorer.

When IE8 first loads, I do see those links briefly, for just a second, then the footer "collapses" on itself and the links disappear. This happens when I re-load too if I change the footer link color.

I'm guessing it's a CSS/IE8 compatibility issue of some sort, but I've searched online and checked the forum here and have not seen anything resembling this problem, other than what was already discussed in this thread. As far as I know, though, that bug was fixed in the version of Carlisle Fresh I downloaded, because I downloaded it just a week ago.

Thank you in advance to anyone who has any thoughts/ideas!

Melissa

Plugin Contributions

Update on my problem: I'm messing with IE8 Developer tools, and when I disable Javascript, the links in the footer display correctly.

And, when I run the IE8 console debugging, I get the following error: "Expected identifier, string or number" and it points to this line of code (line 458, character 7)

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript"><!--
    	$(document).ready(function() {
    	    $("#foo1").carouFredSel({
    		auto: false,
    		  align: "center",
    		  padding: [0, 25, 0, 20],
    		  width: "100%",
    		  height: "197px",
    		  items: {
                    visible: 4,
    		    minimum: 1
    		    },
    		  scroll: {
                    fx: "directscroll"
    		    },
    		  prev    : {     
                    button  : "#foo1_prev",
    		    },
    		  next    : { 
                    button  : "#foo1_next",
    		    }
    	      });
    	  });     
          --></script>
    Line 458 is the }, after "button : "#foo1_prev","

This code is for the featured products carousel.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Copy this into the sql box in admin--tools--install sql patches:

Code:
    INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES 
    ('Define About Us Status', 'DEFINE_ABOUT_US_STATUS', '1', 'Enable the Defined About Us Link/Text?<br />0= Link ON, Define Text OFF<br />1= Link ON, Define Text ON<br />2= Link OFF, Define Text ON<br />3= Link OFF, Define Text OFF', 25, 59, NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(''0'', ''1'', ''2'', ''3''),');
    Thanks,

Anne
    Anne - should "configuration_id, " be deleted from this code? This patch didn't work for me either, and when I looked at the database, field content was off by one ('Define About Us Status' wasn't there at all, 'DEFINE_ABOUT_US_STATUS' was under title instead of key, '1' was under key instead of value, etc.). Moving the correct content to the correct fields fixed the problem. Other than that, I'm very excited about changing my current look to this template, very nice!
    Thanks!
    Magz

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by magz View Post
    Anne - should "configuration_id, " be deleted from this code? This patch didn't work for me either, and when I looked at the database, field content was off by one ('Define About Us Status' wasn't there at all, 'DEFINE_ABOUT_US_STATUS' was under title instead of key, '1' was under key instead of value, etc.). Moving the correct content to the correct fields fixed the problem. Other than that, I'm very excited about changing my current look to this template, very nice!
    Thanks!
    Magz
    Thanks for posting. I am not sure if this was posted in this thread or another, but I do have this already marked down to fix in a future update.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Anne, i must have missed that.
    New question, and I'm sure there will be more before I'm done... ;-) I'm trying to modify the header so that its image goes across the entire width of the page (980 px, like the home page slideshow). The image appears correctly and shrinks with browser window as desired, and the login/cart/checkout area overlaps it as desired, but the main column on 2-column pages gets pushed to the bottom, below the left column (when laptop browser window is full size). How do I fix that, and how can I reduce the distance between the header image and the main navigation menu (in a perfect world, I'd have them overlap)? I tried messing with all kinds of wrapper margins in stylesheet.css, but am not getting anywhere. Which elements do I need to modify?
    Thank you!
    Magz

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by magz View Post
    Thanks Anne, i must have missed that.
    New question, and I'm sure there will be more before I'm done... ;-) I'm trying to modify the header so that its image goes across the entire width of the page (980 px, like the home page slideshow). The image appears correctly and shrinks with browser window as desired, and the login/cart/checkout area overlaps it as desired, but the main column on 2-column pages gets pushed to the bottom, below the left column (when laptop browser window is full size). How do I fix that, and how can I reduce the distance between the header image and the main navigation menu (in a perfect world, I'd have them overlap)? I tried messing with all kinds of wrapper margins in stylesheet.css, but am not getting anywhere. Which elements do I need to modify?
    Thank you!
    Magz
    I would recommend adding the large header image as a background image on the element #headerWrapper. In general, you can make background images responsive by adding background-size: 100%;

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Anne, any thoughts on this problem??

Quote Originally Posted by grakowsky View Post
    Hi Anne
    Thanks again for another beautiful template!

I'm just getting to work on a new website, www.beadelves.com. So far, everything displays correctly in Firefox, but in Internet Explorer 8 I'm not seeing any links in the Customer Service area of the footer. To re-iterate, I can see them fine in Firefox but not Internet Explorer.

When IE8 first loads, I do see those links briefly, for just a second, then the footer "collapses" on itself and the links disappear. This happens when I re-load too if I change the footer link color.

I'm guessing it's a CSS/IE8 compatibility issue of some sort, but I've searched online and checked the forum here and have not seen anything resembling this problem, other than what was already discussed in this thread. As far as I know, though, that bug was fixed in the version of Carlisle Fresh I downloaded, because I downloaded it just a week ago.

Thank you in advance to anyone who has any thoughts/ideas!

Melissa

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast