Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Carlisle Fresh Template Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by grakowsky View Post
    Hi Anne, it's me again!

I'm still working on this website and have installed a couple mods after your template, making sure not to overwrite any common files, just merge them as directed. I installed Image Handler 4, then Zen Light Box, then Multi Cross Sell and all are working. But my featured products carousel on the home page is now not working. It doesn't scroll like it should and when I click on either the forward or reverse arrow, it moves to the top of the page, rather than making the carousel move. I have five featured products and four appear in the main row, and one is pushed to a row beneath so the whole thing is just broken! Do you have any ideas why this could be happening? My website is www.beadelves.com.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Melissa
    I would recommend back tracking through your modifications until you find the point at which the carousel stopped working. Then you will know exactly which module or change you made is effecting it. It sounds to me like there is a javascript conflict.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    I would recommend back tracking through your modifications until you find the point at which the carousel stopped working. Then you will know exactly which module or change you made is effecting it. It sounds to me like there is a javascript conflict.

Thanks,

Anne
    Thanks, Anne. I just looked back through all the mods and none of them touched any of the jscript files that were already in place on my site--could it still be a javascript issue if none of the original javascript files were changed? Could the issue be with javascript within php files that were modified? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm new to this whole javascript/php stuff.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by grakowsky View Post
    Thanks, Anne. I just looked back through all the mods and none of them touched any of the jscript files that were already in place on my site--could it still be a javascript issue if none of the original javascript files were changed? Could the issue be with javascript within php files that were modified? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm new to this whole javascript/php stuff.
    It can still be a javascript issue even if the template js files are not changed. If it were my site, I would back track through my changes to find the point at which the carousel broke, then work from there.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi. Firstly i love the template! its really difficult now to make a choice of which we should use as there a number of very high quality ones so thank you! The only slight problem i have is this. The tab 'Brands'. Where do i add brands? or...how do i remove it completely? I have had success renaming it but adding any brands to it has got me stumped. I can see that other dropdown headings can be removed (such as 'contact us or ''newsletter' by adding 'display none') but there is no mention of how to do it with this as far as i can see.

Jamie

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JamiePG View Post
    Hi. Firstly i love the template! its really difficult now to make a choice of which we should use as there a number of very high quality ones so thank you! The only slight problem i have is this. The tab 'Brands'. Where do i add brands? or...how do i remove it completely? I have had success renaming it but adding any brands to it has got me stumped. I can see that other dropdown headings can be removed (such as 'contact us or ''newsletter' by adding 'display none') but there is no mention of how to do it with this as far as i can see.

Jamie
    I am happy that you like the free templates and are finding them useful ;)

There are instructions in the readme.html file for how to hide the brands drop down. The brands drop down will populate automatically once you have added manufacturers and then assigned them to your products.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,

Is this template compatible with 1.5.2 RC2? I am testing ZC 1.5.2 and when I upload Carlisle Fresh v1.1 it wants to overwrite \admin\layoutcontroller.php. If I allow it to overwrite this file, I cannot complete step 4 of your install instructions to reset the sideboxes. When I access the Layout Boxes Controller to complete the template installation as the following error occurs: "An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."
    Last edited by Crunch; 7 Feb 2014 at 04:48 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Hi Anne,

Is this template compatible with 1.5.2 RC2? I am testing ZC 1.5.2 and when I upload Carlisle Fresh v1.1 it wants to overwrite \admin\layoutcontroller.php. If I allow it to overwrite this file, I cannot complete step 4 of your install instructions to reset the sideboxes. When I access the Layout Boxes Controller to complete the template installation as the following error occurs: "An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."
    Yes, it is compatible. If you read the readme.html file it does tell you that there is a core file overwrite and that you need to back up that file before installation.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I found out that the error was caused by my failure to install one of the sql patches. I installed responsive.sql and the error disappeared.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    I found out that the error was caused by my failure to install one of the sql patches. I installed responsive.sql and the error disappeared.
    I am happy that you figured it out ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Fantastic Template!

Thanks so much for making it available for free! Very clean.

I have a question: How can you disable the left column navigation on product pages since the navigation is already there on the top bar?

thanks a lot!

gabstero

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast