Page 31 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Default Re: Responsive Sheffield Blue

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    What is the link to your site?

Thanks,

Anne
    My site is www.bumboatonline.com

Mega-menu formatting problem. Here are the pictures again. The problem only happens with Chrome. Login and add item to cart. Thanks,
    Scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pre-Login.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	13554   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Post-Login.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	13555  

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by scottj View Post
    My site is www.bumboatonline.com

Mega-menu formatting problem. Here are the pictures again. The problem only happens with Chrome. Login and add item to cart. Thanks,
    Scott
    If you are going to modify the template or not use the template as shown in the demo, then you might need to make some css adjustments. The template comes with a cross browser javascript to make this easier. Just use the syntax .chrome selector {declaration}

Thanks,

Anne
    Last edited by picaflor-azul; 18 Dec 2013 at 07:09 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    In the readme step 10a is "Add Your Images and Links" and does give instructions on how to add your images and links to the slides.

You have a ton of sub categories in the dog breeds category. This is causing the problem in the shop drop down.

Thanks,

Anne
    Hi Anne,

Yes, I know I have a ton of dog breeds in the sub categories, but is there a way to be able to fit them all in, maybe add a number to some file in order to lengthen it?
    There are over 700 different dog breeds around, but it would be great if I was able to fit in at least 110. I have already taken out a few, and I don't really want to drop to sub sub Categories as people don't want to click that far in, especially on mobile devices.

Thanks Jenvin

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jenvin View Post
    Hi Anne,

Yes, I know I have a ton of dog breeds in the sub categories, but is there a way to be able to fit them all in, maybe add a number to some file in order to lengthen it?
    There are over 700 different dog breeds around, but it would be great if I was able to fit in at least 110. I have already taken out a few, and I don't really want to drop to sub sub Categories as people don't want to click that far in, especially on mobile devices.

Thanks Jenvin
    Maybe there is such an alternative way to list, but what about breaking the breeds up into some sort of alphabetical sub caategory(ies) such as alph-cava or so, that way, won't have to dig too deep. Like if dog is one main category and then just the sub categories of the alphabetical listing(s), then you could break that up into however many sub categories as necessary not to have the problem that the current setup is causing?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Maybe there is such an alternative way to list, but what about breaking the breeds up into some sort of alphabetical sub caategory(ies) such as alph-cava or so, that way, won't have to dig too deep. Like if dog is one main category and then just the sub categories of the alphabetical listing(s), then you could break that up into however many sub categories as necessary not to have the problem that the current setup is causing?
    Thanks mc12345678,

I've just totally deleted everything I've done including the zencart I started with because it was so mucked up.
    I've thought of that as well eg breeds a-d, e-g ect.
    A pity I have to do it that way, as the 1.3.9h took them all and worked well. It's a pity also that the base templates can't be made responsive to start off with. Maybe that is something which can be done in the future.
    The store wasn't the one I have been using, so apart from time gone, it doesn't really hurt.
    Thanks for your reply though. It is appreciated very much.

Thanks
    Jenvin

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to display the center div New Specials and Featured Products, with full width, when side bars are turned off?
    What I mean is I just installed the template without sidebars, and the featured products is displayed with a small 3 column layout. I am testing this on a demostore.
    Code:
    http://www.theoutletseason.com/demostore
    What I want is to take the full width instead.
    So everything is at default values.
    Thanks! Great template BTW! I can't wait to get my hands dirty and start customizing it!

Plugin Contributions

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mobile view.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	13593

Hi Anne,

The mobile category header alignment seems to throw off my site in ONE particular instance. I have at first recognized it on my Firefox and IE browser when minimizing it to half screen. I ended up testing it on my Android phone and it does the same thing in Opera Mini as well on my kids nook.

The ONE instance is when I click on the m-cart image from any page on my site. It then loads as the picture attached. But if I was to maximize and then minimize, the menu dissapears and acts normal like your demo site. From what I can tell, it seems that the m-menu jpeg dissapears and opens automatically.

Is it the common/tpl_mega_menu that controls the mobile view category header? My responsive and style sheet css files have not changed so I assume it has to do with how the menu opens.

Plugin Contributions

Righto, I'm back. New install. New responsive uploaded to server.

Everything going reasonably well, but the define about us isn't in the define page status, but is in the Define Page Editor.
    I have already done what was suggested in the early pages on this thread (page 6 I think) by copying the define_about_us.php file from includes/languages/english/html_includes/responsive_sheffield_blue to the includes/languages/english/html_includes folder.
    It now appears in the Define Pages Editor, but doesn't appear on the Define page status.

Can you please tell me what I need to add or take away, so this can be fixed please Anne?

Also, for some reason, I have no EZ pages. Don't know if that is to do with the base template, or the responsive one.

Please help, I'm seriously stressing out here. I've done everything step by step on the read me, and can't see what I've done wrong.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by honda2007 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mobile view.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	13593

Hi Anne,

The mobile category header alignment seems to throw off my site in ONE particular instance. I have at first recognized it on my Firefox and IE browser when minimizing it to half screen. I ended up testing it on my Android phone and it does the same thing in Opera Mini as well on my kids nook.

The ONE instance is when I click on the m-cart image from any page on my site. It then loads as the picture attached. But if I was to maximize and then minimize, the menu dissapears and acts normal like your demo site. From what I can tell, it seems that the m-menu jpeg dissapears and opens automatically.

Is it the common/tpl_mega_menu that controls the mobile view category header? My responsive and style sheet css files have not changed so I assume it has to do with how the menu opens.

Okay, I have it narrowed down to the mega menu add-on that seems to be clashing with other add-ons I have. I tested this by uploading the responsive Avonlee Contempo and I do not have that weird alignment issue in mobile view. The only main difference I see between the 2 templates is that one uses the mega menu and the other does not. Not a deal breaker as the Avonlee can be tweeked to get a very similar layout.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    Is there a way to display the center div New Specials and Featured Products, with full width, when side bars are turned off?
    What I mean is I just installed the template without sidebars, and the featured products is displayed with a small 3 column layout. I am testing this on a demostore.
    Code:
    http://www.theoutletseason.com/demostore
    What I want is to take the full width instead.
    So everything is at default values.
    Thanks! Great template BTW! I can't wait to get my hands dirty and start customizing it!
    It should automatically expand to full width if the left and right hand columns are turned off.

Have you followed all of the installation steps?

Thanks,

Anne

Page 31 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast