Page 76 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Brands not showing up in drop down menu

Quote Originally Posted by Reneetje View Post
    I searched and searched and found people had the same problem as I have but did not find the solution for this:

In the responsive version when you choose a product there is a DETAILS tab and a DESCRIPTION tab. I want to do the following but don´t know how, if somebody knows, please post the code :)

1-Turn off / hide the DETAILS tab completely
    2-Make sure that the DESCRIPTION TAB is always OPEN and/or shows the description without the need of clicking the tab

I think it is an extra thing to do for the customers which we should avoid.

I hope someone can help!

Thank you!

René
    1. Assuming that the desire is to hide the details "tab" when there is nothing worth being shown in it, not necessarily just to never ever show it. The following changes made to includes/templates/responsive_sheffield_blue/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php
    will hide the details drop down on the product page if there is nothing to be displayed (Ie. clicking on the option would just change the direction of the arrow and no result.)

search for: <!--bof Product details list -->

and replace from <!--bof Product details list --> to <!--eof Product details list --> the details section with the following:

Code:
    <!--bof Product details list  -->
    <?php if ( (($flag_show_product_info_model == 1 and $products_model != '') or ($flag_show_product_info_weight == 1 and $products_weight !=0) or ($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) or ($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == 1 and !empty($manufacturers_name))) ) { ?>
    <div class="layer1">
        <p class="heading"><?php echo PRODUCT_DETAILS; ?></p>
    <div class="content1">
    <ul id="productDetailsList" class="floatingBox back">
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_model == 1 and $products_model !='') ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_MODEL . $products_model . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_weight == 1 and $products_weight !=0) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT .  $products_weight . TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT_UNIT . '</li>'  : '') . "\n"; ?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) ? '<li>' . $products_quantity . TEXT_PRODUCT_QUANTITY . '</li>'  : '') . "\n"; ?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == 1 and !empty($manufacturers_name)) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER . $manufacturers_name . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
    </ul>
    </div>
    </div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <?php
      }
    ?>
    <!--eof Product details list -->
    Item 2 can be a little more involved as it relates to some java calls and other portions of the code, but really is a relatively simple change.

To have the details default as displayed but still allow changing from displayed to hidden, then in:
    includes/template/responsive_sheffield_blue/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

change the jQuery line in the following from .hide() to .show()

<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function() {
    jQuery(".content1").hide();
    //toggle the componenet with class msg_body
    jQuery(".heading").click(function()
    {
    jQuery(this).next(".content1").slideToggle(500);
    jQuery(this).toggleClass("minus");
    });
    });

</script>
    So it could be like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function() {
    jQuery(".content1").show(); //mc12345678 modified from: jQuery(".content1").hide();
    //toggle the componenet with class msg_body
    jQuery(".heading").click(function()
    {
    jQuery(this).next(".content1").slideToggle(500);
    jQuery(this).toggleClass("minus");
    });
    });

</script>
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

@mc12345678

Thank you! The description now is OPEN! The details tab always shows...is there a way of completely hiding this box if there is no info.

I changed the code you mentioned above but tha t visually didn't change anything....

Plugin Contributions

@mc12345678

Thank you! The description now is OPEN! The details tab always shows...is there a way of completely hiding this box if there is no info.

I changed the code you mentioned above but tha t visually didn't change anything....
    The thing is that the box won't be displayed if all of the conditions to display content are not met, therefore assuming that other things like the cache has been cleared from the browser, then there is "something" that is true about that one product causing something to be fed for display. I also just realized that it is possible that some will look at the directions I provided and modify too much of their code. Basically the first set of code does a check of what will be displayed, if nothing would be displayed then don't show that object. If something would be expected to be displayed, then carry forward. An additional admin switch could be incorporated with a few different options/types of message, but how manymore settings does one want in the admin panel. (Ie, never show details, always show details as is in package, or as is above show details when they are available to show.) I am not sure at moment how best to proceed troubleshooting your issue. Whether to take it to a new thread and report back here, or try to carry on here.

Now I didn't make this statement when I posted the above code. I don't think that Anne needs to defend her code and choice of how the data is presented. This template is sleek and compact. There are plenty of opportunities leading you to the product page for the description to be shown if desired. Also I believe that if the above code is incorporated in the original code for this template rather than an add on feature that there would be more questioning about how to make it appear, or why it's different than the demo site. For some, having the detail tab appear on some pages and not others is considered a no-no, for others, having it appear and have no content, etc... One argument would be why not populate each product with the data to display on the details page? I don't need an answer to that question, but it should be considered. It is also why I made it a conditional non-display, some products have that info some don't, never know in the future when such would be added, and don't want to have to figure out why the data isn't being displayed at all.

Okay, sorry just don't want anyone to think that there is something wrong with the templaate related to the above. It's perfectly fine for the general use in functionality and I think a sharp, sleek looking design graphically.

Plugin Contributions

Ranout of time to edit the above post, but it was to indicate that the file identified to incorporate the details info hide was the product_info page, if looking at say a product of type document_general, then a similar change would be needed for that and other product types.

Plugin Contributions

Since the new shop (i installed new 1.5.1 shop with responsive sheffield blue) orders have gone down. I checked error logs and found quite some pgp warnings which I have fixed (datezone timefix, shipping, etc). One thing I cannot seem to fix / find anywhere, this is what the log tells:

HTML Code:
    [18-Jun-2014 09:34:51 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Warning:  require(D:\www\dynamitemagic.nl\www\shop\includes\templates\responsive_sheffield_blue\templates\tpl_product_info_display.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\www\dynamitemagic.nl\www\shop\includes\modules\pages\product_info\main_template_vars.php on line 178

[18-Jun-2014 09:34:51 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/templates/responsive_sheffield_blue/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php' (include_path='.;c:\vevida\php54\php-pear\pear') in D:\www\dynamitemagic.nl\www\shop\includes\modules\pages\product_info\main_template_vars.php on line 178
    Help, what should I do (VEVIDA, mentioned in the second error is my provider...)

This is what line 178 is in the file main_template_vars.php

HTML Code:
     require($template->get_template_dir($tpl_page_body,DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). $tpl_page_body);
    PHP version: 5.4.24

Plugin Contributions

And this one I found as well (only once):

HTML Code:
    [15-Jun-2014 17:48:03 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Warning:  require(includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_mega_menu.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\www\dynamitemagic.nl\www\shop\includes\templates\responsive_sheffield_blue\common\tpl_header.php on line 134
    [15-Jun-2014 17:48:03 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_mega_menu.php' (include_path='.;c:\vevida\php54\php-pear\pear') in D:\www\dynamitemagic.nl\www\shop\includes\templates\responsive_sheffield_blue\common\tpl_header.php on line 134

Plugin Contributions

Looks like the files that were modified to get your desired action(s) from the above provided code didn't get saved as needed by the system and therefore something about them is preventing use. Would need to reupload the two template files (includes\templates\responsive_sheffield_blue\templates\tpl_product_info_display .php and
    includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_mega_menu.php)

Plugin Contributions

@MC12345678

I started again from the original template files (I had tried different ways within the files to prevent the SPAM) and maybe broke, deleted or added some code which caused the errors to show up.

With the new files installed again the warnings now have dissapeared....thank you again for helping!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Looks like the files that were modified to get your desired action(s) from the above provided code didn't get saved as needed by the system and therefore something about them is preventing use. Would need to reupload the two template files (includes\templates\responsive_sheffield_blue\templates\tpl_product_info_display .php and
    includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_mega_menu.php)
    Thank you for helping out on the template thread. I have been gone the last few days on a mini internet free vacation ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

@MC12345678

I started again from the original template files (I had tried different ways within the files to prevent the SPAM) and maybe broke, deleted or added some code which caused the errors to show up.

With the new files installed again the warnings now have dissapeared....thank you again for helping!
    I am happy that you got everything sorted out ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Page 76 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast