Plugin Contributions

Default Radion Button Checked for Contact Page

Hello,

I've customized my Contact page with additional fields (here is a great link for instructions on that - http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...ontact-us-form) and have added some radio buttons. I have four items to select from - Architect, Consumer, Designer, Purchasing Agent. It seems by default Purchasing Agent is always selected - I want to keep this list alphabetical but have Consumer be the one that is selected...how can I do that? Sorry I can't share the link to the store yet (in development).

Here is part of the code from the tpl_contact_us_default.php file that has the radio buttons:

Code:
    <label class="m-wrap" for="job">Occupation:</label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_radio_field('job', 'Architect', 'id="Architect"') . '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'. 'Architect' . '<br/>' . zen_draw_radio_field('job', 'Consumer', 'id="Consumer"'). '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'. 'Consumer' . '<br/>' . zen_draw_radio_field('job', 'Designer', 'id="Designer"'). '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'. 'Designer' . '<br/>'  . zen_draw_radio_field('job', 'Purchasing Agent', 'id="Purchasing"'). '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'. 'Purchasing Agent' . '<br/>' ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" /><br/>

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Radion Button Checked for Contact Page

Quote Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
    Hello,

I've customized my Contact page with additional fields (here is a great link for instructions on that - http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...ontact-us-form) and have added some radio buttons. I have four items to select from - Architect, Consumer, Designer, Purchasing Agent. It seems by default Purchasing Agent is always selected - I want to keep this list alphabetical but have Consumer be the one that is selected...how can I do that? Sorry I can't share the link to the store yet (in development).

Here is part of the code from the tpl_contact_us_default.php file that has the radio buttons:

Code:
    <label class="m-wrap" for="job">Occupation:</label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_radio_field('job', 'Architect', 'id="Architect"') . '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'. 'Architect' . '<br/>' . zen_draw_radio_field('job', 'Consumer', 'id="Consumer"'). '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'. 'Consumer' . '<br/>' . zen_draw_radio_field('job', 'Designer', 'id="Designer"'). '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'. 'Designer' . '<br/>'  . zen_draw_radio_field('job', 'Purchasing Agent', 'id="Purchasing"'). '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'. 'Purchasing Agent' . '<br/>' ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" /><br/>

try:
    <?php echo zen_draw_radio_field('job', 'Architect', '', 'id="Architect"') . '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'. 'Architect' . '<br/>' . zen_draw_radio_field('job', 'Consumer', $checked = true, 'id="Consumer"'). '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'. 'Consumer' . '<br/>' . zen_draw_radio_field('job', 'Designer', '', 'id="Designer"'). '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'. 'Designer' . '<br/>' . zen_draw_radio_field('job', 'Purchasing Agent', '', 'id="Purchasing"'). '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'. 'Purchasing Agent' . '<br/>' ?>

Plugin Contributions

Sorry about the title...Radio Button, of course.

I have a follow up question too - is there way so that NO option is selected as the default?

Plugin Contributions

Sorry about the title...Radio Button, of course.

I have a follow up question too - is there way so that NO option is selected as the default?
    try:
    <?php echo zen_draw_radio_field('job', 'Architect', '', 'id="Architect"') . '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'. 'Architect' . '<br/>' . zen_draw_radio_field('job', 'Consumer', '', 'id="Consumer"'). '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'. 'Consumer' . '<br/>' . zen_draw_radio_field('job', 'Designer', '', 'id="Designer"'). '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'. 'Designer' . '<br/>' . zen_draw_radio_field('job', 'Purchasing Agent', '', 'id="Purchasing"'). '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'. 'Purchasing Agent' . '<br/>' ?>

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply Rbarbour - didn't work - nothing changed.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply Rbarbour - didn't work - nothing changed.
    Zen function for radio buttons:

function zen_draw_radio_field($name, $value = '', $checked = false, $parameters = '') {

so leaving '', should auto return false on those radio buttons.

I tried and it worked on my dev site,

I also tried changing true to false and that worked - none were selected

Even changed $checked = false to just 'true', - and that worked
    Last edited by rbarbour; 1 Oct 2013 at 04:58 PM. Reason: attempts on dev site

Plugin Contributions

IT WORKED...thanks. My apologies - I didn't see that you had also included the '', for the other entries too -- AND it also worked to show none of them selected. Great stuff...thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

IT WORKED...thanks. My apologies - I didn't see that you had also included the '', for the other entries too -- AND it also worked to show none of them selected. Great stuff...thanks again!
    Glad you got it working!