Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Avonlee Contempo

I fixed the blank front end with your hint to look at the other log files lruskauff. Thank you. There was a stray apostrophe in the site's HEADER_ALT_TEXT define, which was line 26 in that error. Who knew an apostrophe could be so destructive! (It's now an HTML entity.)

Now I just need to find the problem with the admin not being fully functional for this template. The admin problem shows up when I'm trying to follow step 7 in the install instructions, where you have to "Click on "ACTIVATE Responsive Template by selecting Column Widths" ...". There is no such choice under Layout Settings in admin, because the install sql patch that should have set that up is the one that won't run. There is "Activate Responsive Settings", but the choices available there are not correct. That must have come from the Winchester template.

Any ideas on how to fix that one?

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Glad you got that one fixed, I get that screen quite often, lol.

Is there an " uninstall for the SQL that you could run, then rerun the install?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rstevenson View Post
    I fixed the blank front end with your hint to look at the other log files lruskauff. Thank you. There was a stray apostrophe in the site's HEADER_ALT_TEXT define, which was line 26 in that error. Who knew an apostrophe could be so destructive! (It's now an HTML entity.)

Now I just need to find the problem with the admin not being fully functional for this template. The admin problem shows up when I'm trying to follow step 7 in the install instructions, where you have to "Click on "ACTIVATE Responsive Template by selecting Column Widths" ...". There is no such choice under Layout Settings in admin, because the install sql patch that should have set that up is the one that won't run. There is "Activate Responsive Settings", but the choices available there are not correct. That must have come from the Winchester template.

Any ideas on how to fix that one?

Rob
    That setting should already be there from the Winchester Responsive template package. If you have not made any other modifications to the template and you are set on using this template package (which is not as recently updated or advanced as the Winchester Responsive) then I would start from a fresh install and just upload this template package.

Thanks,

Anne

Following up on my previous issue about the popup product images, I discovered that if I resize the popup window on my desktop browser, the image grows to whatever dimensions I drag the window. Is there any way to specify the minimum image window size for the desktop display? This only happens if I have the responsive setting in Configuration >> Layout settings set to anything but zero (template default size/actual image size). See pics attached for example:

With Responsive set to 0:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Popup window size when responsive is disabled.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	15709

With Responsive set to 3:

Name:	Popup window size when responsive is enabled.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	15710

I want the popup window when responsive is enabled to show the image at a larger default size and, hopefully, only have the larger default size when on a desktop browser. As stated in my previous posting about the issue, on mobile devices, it shows fine.

I cannot seem to find where this would be set. Abbington Mega and other non responsive templates did not have this issue and I am thinking it is some sort of default responsive setting, but do not know if it is tied to the template or if this is something with Zen-cart itself.

Hopefully, you can provide some insight as this is really frustrating me as there is no way to know from the popup window that it can be resized and the image will grow with dragging the size of the popup window.
    Scott
    AnkleBiter Woodworks
    http://www.anklebiterwoodworks.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by anklebiterwoodworks View Post
    Following up on my previous issue about the popup product images, I discovered that if I resize the popup window on my desktop browser, the image grows to whatever dimensions I drag the window. Is there any way to specify the minimum image window size for the desktop display? This only happens if I have the responsive setting in Configuration >> Layout settings set to anything but zero (template default size/actual image size). See pics attached for example:

With Responsive set to 0:

Name:	Popup window size when responsive is disabled.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	15709

With Responsive set to 3:

Name:	Popup window size when responsive is enabled.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	15710

I want the popup window when responsive is enabled to show the image at a larger default size and, hopefully, only have the larger default size when on a desktop browser. As stated in my previous posting about the issue, on mobile devices, it shows fine.

I cannot seem to find where this would be set. Abbington Mega and other non responsive templates did not have this issue and I am thinking it is some sort of default responsive setting, but do not know if it is tied to the template or if this is something with Zen-cart itself.

Hopefully, you can provide some insight as this is really frustrating me as there is no way to know from the popup window that it can be resized and the image will grow with dragging the size of the popup window.
    This question has been asked and answered many times already. Try this:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...64#post1244964

Thanks,

Anne

Thank you vert much that fixed it. I did not know it was listed in another thread for a template I don't use.
    Scott
    AnkleBiter Woodworks
    http://www.anklebiterwoodworks.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by anklebiterwoodworks View Post
    Thank you vert much that fixed it. I did not know it was listed in another thread for a template I don't use.
    It is always a good practice to search the forum when you have a question. The answer may be posted in another thread.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    This question has been asked and answered many times already. Try this:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...64#post1244964

Thanks,

Anne

Anne,

I followed the thread I cannot find the code:

if (COLUMN_WIDTH == '0') {

located anywhere in the /includes/templates/responsive_avolee_contempo/common/html_header.php file and have been racking my brain for about 4 hours with this now. Am I missing something just really stupid here?

The URL is http://bettysbargainbin.com

Thank you,

Todd

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bettysbargainbin View Post
    Anne,

I followed the thread I cannot find the code:

if (COLUMN_WIDTH == '0') {

located anywhere in the /includes/templates/responsive_avolee_contempo/common/html_header.php file and have been racking my brain for about 4 hours with this now. Am I missing something just really stupid here?

The URL is http://bettysbargainbin.com

Thank you,

Todd
    Try looking at the html_header.php file from the template package. My guess is that you have changed the file and this is why you cant't find the link.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Name:	shoppingcart.PNG 
Views:	174 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	16687

Can someone tell which file this code should be in? It only shows up when the page is in a responsive mode.

Thanks in advance

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast