Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How do I set shipping vender per product ? Maybe I should explain this better....

On the website www.billrauscher.com/outboards I will have outboard motors for sale. When one is purchased and going through the check out process, listed are ALL the shipping methods I would like to use for the whole site.

Now, an outboard motor weighs in at say 52 pounds and stands about 42 inches tall. Clearly, Priority Mail small flat rate box, or medium plat rate box, or UPS Air (just to name a few) are not viable shipping methods. However, if I sell a propeller, I can use a Priority Flat Rate Box (just an example).

What I would like to do is to be able to display ONLY the shipping methods that are viable for the product being shipped. So, if a outboard motor was purchased, the customer (for example) would only see shipping options of say: UPS ground, or UPS second day. NOT all shipping methods.

Please help with this. I'm thinking "attributes", but I'm not sure how to do that.

Than you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I set shipping vender per product ? Maybe I should explain this better....

You might want to look into CEON's Advanced Shipper mod. It is a paid module, only available fron the CEON website, but I understand it has extensive capabilities (I haven't used it).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I set shipping vender per product ? Maybe I should explain this better....

I started to look at that. I also found some threads going back to 2006 for this same issue (with no resolution that I could find). Odd that Zen hasn't come out with a mod for this after all this time. Maybe they don't read these threads....who knows!

Plugin Contributions

It is a complex addition to the base coding that most people don't need; thus it has been left for third parties to add if desired. Conor did so, and since his mod reportedly works excellently, there is no point in someone else reinventing the wheel.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    It is a complex addition to the base coding that most people don't need; thus it has been left for third parties to add if desired. Conor did so, and since his mod reportedly works excellently, there is no point in someone else reinventing the wheel.
    So, if I understand you correctly, your saying most people don't use multiple shipping methods? How can that be? When I select an item (a boat motor) and check out, below are the shipping options the customer is given: Now, if I was a customer, I would choose Priority mail for $14.20! Great deal for the customer to get a 53 pound motor shipped to them for $14.

I'm so sorry, but I am have trouble with the idea that you can't customize Zen shipping such that you can use multiple shipping carriers ( because I sell small stuff too ) but only list for the customer the options that fit the product.

In the scenario below (based on how I have shipping set up) the only options a customer should see listed for this particular product are: "Per Item", "Store Pickup", and "UPS. USPS should not even be a choice at checkout.

Shipping Method:
    Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order.

Per Item
    $120.00
    Best Way

Store Pickup
    $0.00
    Walk In

United Parcel Service United Parcel Service
    $148.86
    Ground

United States Postal Service United States Postal Service

$14.20
    Priority Mail™ Small Flat Rate Box (2 - 3 days)

$15.30
    Priority Mail™ Padded Flat Rate Envelope (2 - 3 days)

$26.50
    Priority Mail™ Medium Flat Rate Box (2 - 3 days)

$34.50
    Priority Mail™ Large Flat Rate Box (2 - 3 days)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by huntleybill View Post
    ... Now, if I was a customer, I would choose Priority mail for $14.20! Great deal for the customer to get a 53 pound motor shipped to them for $14.
    You might check and see if you can set limits on the weights you will ship for USPS... Limiting USPS shipping if over a certain weight. If this works, no result would be returned for USPS and the customer will not be given a USPS shipping method.

Otherwise you might need to modify the USPS shipping module (or ask ajeh kindly to look at your request / issue).
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Thank you lhungil...I may be able to work with that. How do I set that up? I am looking but I don't see anything that lets me put 1-25 pounds: use USPS, 26-75 pounds: use UPS. Maybe it doesn't work that way?????

Plugin Contributions

the Fed Ex and USPS portion of Ceon advanced shipper not fully functional.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks jimmie...I didn't plan on using that avenue. ;-)

Plugin Contributions

It may be that Fedex and USPS have changed since Conor passed away last year, and their function in Advanced Shipper has not been adequately updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast