Plugin Contributions

Default No jpg images on Front-end after upgrade

Not sure what forum area to start this thread.

Current Upgrade Issue:
    The jpg category image is not showing on the new site [151sacredshowers.com] but the gif images are, at least the couple images I have uploaded. Images show in the Admin.

Changing Domain Names:
    I need to change domains, from 151sacredshowers to my official domain name, sacredshowers.com. I assume this will be a matter of changing the DNS to point at the 151 site. At which time, I will have 2 domains pointing to the same address.

I reviewed the config files, both admin and store. It appears I will need to change those files to reflect the official domain name while the number hosting path address will stay the same.

Question:
    At what point is it best to switch the DNS? Before I upload more images? Once I switch the DNS, I will then install the SSL certificate on the upgraded version.

Question:
    I uploaded the customized php files like "page 2," "page 3," "main page," etc. to the new site and the text, etc. shows on the pages. However, when I select most of these files for editing (but not all) via the Admin, the field is blank. Should I transfer the html from the php pages into the Admin location for future edits, or rely on the php files? I will have to download the file for editing every time I want to make a change.

Thank you.
    Cheryl

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No jpg images on Front-end after upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by rush_woman View Post
    Question:
    I uploaded the customized php files like "page 2," "page 3," "main page," etc. to the new site and the text, etc. shows on the pages. However, when I select most of these files for editing (but not all) via the Admin, the field is blank. Should I transfer the html from the php pages into the Admin location for future edits, or rely on the php files? I will have to download the file for editing every time I want to make a change.
    Sounds like you've got special characters in those files, but they can't display because you've changed the ZC charset.

NOTE: Since v1.5.0 Zen Cart defaults to utf-8. So, if you're upgrading then you'll probably want to change the utf8 stuff back to iso-8859-1 to match the data that's already in your database and in your php files. To do that you touch the 2 english.php files and put back the charset that was there in your old version.
    Ref: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...8859-1-to-utf8

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, Dr. B. Let me ask this then. Is it better to change the character set, or to redo the pages in utf-8? I would guess if I leave it as utf-8 then the text, etc., would default to the stylesheet? I do have formatting on the text: font color, bold, etc. Not sure if that qualifies as "special characters."

Amazing how many little tidbits here and there one picks up doing this stuff.

Thank you.
    Cheryl

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

This isn't just about your page_2, etc define-pages. This same issue would affect all your product/category descriptions and so on.
    So, unless you've specifically converted all your old database content to the new charset (and I don't recommend you bother with it unless you REALLY REALLY need it for SPECIFIC reasons), then it's simpler to use the original charset.

But if you want to go the distance and convert everything over, feel free. Just be sure to test EVERY aspect of EVERY page in EVERY feature to be sure you've not broken or lost anything.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I changed the english.php files and the config files and everything shows in the "define pages" now, plus the odd characters on the web pages are gone.

I was hoping those changes would correct the EZ pages error I have where the TOC only shows the main page title, "Soap Ingredients," but the three pages associated with that TOC do not show on the TOC. If I click "next," the page comes up, e.g., Essential Oils.

http://www.151sacredshowers.com/inde...d=13&chapter=9

Also, I have 2 different TOC, one for the Soap Ingredients, one for Article Base. Neither has its associated pages listed on the TOC but the articles come up when "next" is selected.

Thanks,
    Cheryl