Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stirling Grand Responsive Template

I changed the logo to 100px high x 323px wide. I can't figure out how to make the dark background behind the mega menu drop down the way it's supposed to. If someone can give me a specific instruction I would appreciate it, where in css and/or where in the header template file. Thank you. handy waste dot com / order

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by aimwilk View Post
    I believe the person posting was just frustrated, as I am. Instead of lashing back that a person should know how to do this or go elsewhere, there should be a little more understanding that some people need specific support, e.g. 'change this in css, and this code in this template file' to adjust settings for larger logos. I am a designer and know html and have an intermediate knowledge of css. But when we're on a forum and we ask, I think the support should be there other than, 'You might have to tweak the style sheet'. That's my current frustration as well.
    What is it exactly that you can't manage to do? I have no connection or affiliation to picaflor azul but every store I create I've used and adapted one of Anne's templates, easily.
    Ask a specific question and you'll get a specific answer.

Plugin Contributions

I believe the person posting was just frustrated, as I am. Instead of lashing back that a person should know how to do this or go elsewhere, there should be a little more understanding that some people need specific support, e.g. 'change this in css, and this code in this template file' to adjust settings for larger logos. I am a designer and know html and have an intermediate knowledge of css. But when we're on a forum and we ask, I think the support should be there other than, 'You might have to tweak the style sheet'. That's my current frustration as well.
    I am sorry that you are frustrated. If you are going to take on the task of customizing your own zen cart template then you should be prepared to do some legwork. If you use a logo of a different size than that shown in the demo, you *might* need to make some adjustments to the css. If you have an intermediate knowledge of css, it should be no problem. If you have a specific question, or get stuck on something, then I am happy to help out. You would need to post a link to your site.

I spend a lot of time on the forum answering questions daily. You can read through any of my template threads to see the thousands of times I have helped people. Normally, if I give people the tools or general answer to help them find the answer to their question, that is enough.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I changed the logo to 100px high x 323px wide. I can't figure out how to make the dark background behind the mega menu drop down the way it's supposed to. If someone can give me a specific instruction I would appreciate it, where in css and/or where in the header template file. Thank you. handy waste dot com / order
    I would recommend using firefox and installing firebug. It tells you the exact line of the stylesheet that needs to be edited. I would start by removing the height on the
    #logoWrapper, then remove the margin-top on #navMainSearch, then adjust the positioning of #mega-wrapper

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    Ask a specific question and you'll get a specific answer.
    Sorry you must have been asking your specific question while I was typing. Anyway I'm glad Anne was able to help you.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,

I've been looking for over 3 hours for the fix of the bug for the popup image on product page issue without success. All the posts I find state that the patch was given in one of the responsive templates forum but I can't find any fix, solution or patch. I even tried to override with latest responsive default DIY css (all 4) and didn't work neither.

Would it be too much to ask of you to post it (in any of your responsive template forums) with a text that can be easily found? Since you already have and know the fix, should be easier for you to just post it. Maybe writing "Fix_to_Image_Popup_Issue" or similar so it can be found... Because you also mentioned to update your template files in the download area but hasn't been done neither, and I do believe just posting the fix is simpler, easier, and faster than the update.

Thanks in advance...
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ideasgirl View Post
    Hi Anne,

I've been looking for over 3 hours for the fix of the bug for the popup image on product page issue without success. All the posts I find state that the patch was given in one of the responsive templates forum but I can't find any fix, solution or patch. I even tried to override with latest responsive default DIY css (all 4) and didn't work neither.

Would it be too much to ask of you to post it (in any of your responsive template forums) with a text that can be easily found? Since you already have and know the fix, should be easier for you to just post it. Maybe writing "Fix_to_Image_Popup_Issue" or similar so it can be found... Because you also mentioned to update your template files in the download area but hasn't been done neither, and I do believe just posting the fix is simpler, easier, and faster than the update.

Thanks in advance...
    We will have to consult rbarbour for this one. He has told me that the bug is fixed in the newest version of the responsive template default and I have been working with that code for a new template package and can confirm that it has been fixed in the new code, but I don't know the exact code that he used to fix the problem.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ideasgirl View Post
    Hi Anne,

Thanks in advance...
    Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    We will have to consult rbarbour for this one. He has told me that the bug is fixed in the newest version of the responsive template default and I have been working with that code for a new template package and can confirm that it has been fixed in the new code, but I don't know the exact code that he used to fix the problem.

Thanks,

Anne
    I know this was posted on one of the threads but I like you ideasgirl, cannot locate either.

In /includes/templates/stirling_grand/common/html_header.php file

Where all the responsive code is called, you will see:

PHP Code:
    if (COLUMN_WIDTH == '0') { 
    change to:
    PHP Code:
    if (COLUMN_WIDTH == '0' || (in_array($current_page_base,explode(",",'popup_image')) )) { 
    You can exclude the responsive code on any page simply by adding the page name separated by a comma.
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Anne for a great template.

Thanks rbarbour for that fix, now I can move on.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    I know this was posted on one of the threads but I like you ideasgirl, cannot locate either.

In /includes/templates/stirling_grand/common/html_header.php file

Where all the responsive code is called, you will see:

PHP Code:
    if (COLUMN_WIDTH == '0') { 
    change to:
    PHP Code:
    if (COLUMN_WIDTH == '0' || (in_array($current_page_base,explode(",",'popup_image')) )) { 
    You can exclude the responsive code on any page simply by adding the page name separated by a comma.
    Thank you so much for posting this ;) and for your excellent contributions to the zen cart community. As I said in my previous post, I have been working on a new template package using the newest version of the responsive template default and I just love all of the new features!

Thanks,

Anne

Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast