Plugin Contributions

Default stuck on "system setup required" admin in update from 1.3.x to latest 1.5.x

Hi
    I'm trying to solve admin login issues after I do an update from 1.3x to 1.5.x. I'm stuck on the system setup required before I login to my admin. I've tried to follow the steps with the config files to no avail.
    thanks for your help in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: stuck on "system setup required" admin in update from 1.3.x to latest 1.5.x

Are there any more specific messages displayed on the "System Setup Required" screen? You upgraded specifically from what Zen Cart version (the x doesn't add value) to what Zen Cart version (I'm a$$-u-ming v1.5.1)?

Did you create a new folder when you upgraded? If so, did you change the two configure.php files (/YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php and /includes/configure.php) to reflect the new folder name?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: stuck on "system setup required" admin in update from 1.3.x to latest 1.5.x

Thanks for your quick reply lat9
    Yes it is version 1.5.1. I did create a new admin folder name, but changed it (admin folder)back to default when I couldn't access admin page. I've also tried to change the configs in both include folders, the main config.php is fine but the admin/includes/config.php reads as 0 bytes and has nothing in the php??

This is the error message I receive.

Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart®.

You are seeing this page for one or more reasons:

1. This is your first time using Zen Cart® and you haven't yet completed the normal Installation procedure.
      If this is the case for you, you will need to upload the "zc_install" folder using your FTP program, and then run zc_install/index.php via your browser (or reload this page to see a link to it).
    2. Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
      If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.
      Additionally, if the permissions have been changed on your configure.php files, then maybe they're too low for the files to be read.
      Or the configure.php files could be missing altogether.
      Or your hosting company has recently changed the server's PHP configuration (or upgraded its version) then they may have broken things as well.
      See the Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart® website for assistance.

To begin installation ...

1. The Installation Documentation can be read by clicking here: Documentation
    2. You will need to upload the "zc_install" folder using your FTP program, and then run zc_install/index.php via your browser (or reload this page to see a link to it).
    3. The Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart® website will also be of value if you run into difficulties.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by samuelsmith1979 View Post
    ... the main config.php is fine but the admin/includes/config.php reads as 0 bytes and has nothing in the php??
    The fact that your admin/includes/configure.php is 0 bytes would certainly explain the message that you received. Since your store-side configure.php file appears to be setup properly, you can use the information in that file to create a working version for your admin. Start with the following (the default dist-configure.php in the admin/includes folder), I've highlighted the lines you'll need to change:
    Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * SAMPLE dist-configure.php
     * @package Configuration Settings
     * @package Admin
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2012 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version GIT: $Id: Author: DrByte  Tue Jul 31 17:24:25 2012 -0400 Modified in v1.5.1 $
     * @private
     */
    /**
     * WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU USE SSL PROTECTION FOR YOUR ENTIRE ADMIN:
     * To do that, make sure you use a "https:" URL for BOTH the HTTP_SERVER and HTTPS_SERVER entries:
     */
      define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://localhost');
      define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://localhost');
      define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://localhost');
      define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://localhost');

// secure webserver for admin?  Valid choices are 'true' or 'false' (including quotes).
      define('ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN', 'false');

// secure webserver for storefront?  Valid choices are 'true' or 'false' (including quotes).
      define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
      // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
      $t1 = parse_url(HTTP_SERVER);$p1 = $t1['path'];$t2 = parse_url(HTTPS_SERVER);$p2 = $t2['path'];

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', preg_replace('#^' . str_replace('-', '\-', $p1) . '#', '', dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])) . '/');
      define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
      define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', preg_replace('#^' . str_replace('-', '\-', $p2) . '#', '', dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])) . '/');
      define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
      define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
      define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
      define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_TEMPLATE', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/templates/');
      define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
      define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
      define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
      define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
      define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
      define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
      define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', realpath(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../') . '/');
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/');
      define('DIR_FS_LOGS', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'logs');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/templates/');
      define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');
      define('DIR_FS_EMAIL_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'email/');
      define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

// define our database connection
      define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
      define('DB_PREFIX', '');
      define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
      define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
      define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '');
      define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');
      define('DB_DATABASE', '');

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
      // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from:  none, database, or file
      // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache
      // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
      // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache   -- leave no trailing slash
      define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none');
      define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/enter/your/path/to/public_html_or_htdocs/and/zencart/here/zen/cache');

//Explanations of the webserver and path parameters:
    // HTTP_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.yourdomain.com
    // HTTPS_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg-https://www.yourdomain.com
    // HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.yourdomain.com
    // HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg-https://www.yourdomain.com
    /*
     * URLs for your site will be built via:
     *     HTTP_SERVER plus DIR_WS_ADMIN or
     *     HTTPS_SERVER plus DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN or
     *     HTTP_SERVER plus DIR_WS_CATALOG or
     *     HTTPS_SERVER plus DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG
     * ...depending on your system configuration settings
     */
    You'll use the file from the store-side (/includes/configure.php) to make these changes:
    1. HTTP_SERVER, HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER ... set to the HTTP_SERVER value
    2. HTTPS_SERVER, HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER ... set to the HTTPS_SERVER value
    3. ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG ... set to the ENABLE_SSL value
    4. DIR_WS_CATALOG ... set to the DIR_WS_CATALOG value
    5. DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG ... set to the DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG value
    6. DIR_FS_CATALOG ... set to the DIR_FS_CATALOG value
    7. DB_<all> ... you can just copy the block of DB_ defines from the store-side configure.php
    8. DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE ... set to the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE value

After you've made the edits, save the file as /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php and upload to your web-hosted environment.

Plugin Contributions

late9 Thanks, that was the solution.

The problem was that I had renamed the admin and didn't properly merge the folders. I solved this by using my backup copy naming my admin back to default and re-merging the folder. I'm explaining this in case someone else has the problem. This essentially was the lazy way of doing what late9 suggested, and probably entered in the old folder information.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for sharing.