Plugin Contributions

Default Fix Cache Key question

Hi All,

I followed the instructions from http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...fferent-server and http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8. and I'm stuck on the Fix_Cache_Key.php part. After running the script, nothing happens, it seems that my website just reloaded. My website is running, but the database is not being fed so it's blank, just have the menus I've set up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced!!

- Steve

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fix Cache Key question

First, I am not a developer or software person and discretion may dictate confirming the following with a professional. After working on my upgrade that required a move to another server, my thoughts on your post are [not necessarily in order]:

1. Your post does not say if you changed servers/hosting companies and/or if you upgraded nor does it have a URL to view.

2. Nonetheless, I would check that your database is properly listed in the config.php file. As I understand the fix cache key script, it reads the db and then synchronizes the current server with the DB Sessions record visible in the Sessions section of the Admin.

3. Be sure you have a db installed on the new host/server. And, be sure the DB has been LOADED from your previous site/server's DB.

4. Did you upgrade to 1.5.1 in addition to changing servers/hosting? If so, the DB might need an upgrade to properly run on your new server/host/site but for me, the screen gave me a message stating the DB needed to be upgraded.

5. You might need to start a separate thread for the issue to get it noticed because this is an "older" thread and I do not know if anyone is reading it anymore. I am still subscribed to the thread and received notice of your post.

Good luck with the change. I am nearly finished with my migration and upgrade. The link with the directions for changing servers is good though i did find for my situation that I also needed additional information.

Hope the preceding helps,
    Cheryl