Plugin Contributions

Default zc_install won't start 404 error

HI,
    I tried to search the forums for this but must be some server work or something can not connect to it so here goes.
    I have moved to a new hosting and am install 1.5.0 to move my old carts into before I upgrade. Issue, I can not get zc_install to launch.
    Just comes back with a Error

Error 404 - Not Found

The document you are looking for may have been removed or re-named. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.\

says it is looking for a cgi file and can't find it.

The cgi-bin folder holds 3 filies
    php-cgi
    printenv
    test-cgi

He say the file it is looking for is not in their, Nearly every one of my backed up cart have the same 3 files in the cgi-bin folder so I'm not so sure of what file he is talking about. Not sure he does either.

So I'm not sure what could be the problem. just know in all the years I have never had so much problems get a cart to launch the install program.

Ideas?????
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

HI,
    I tried to search the forums for this but must be some server work or something can not connect to it so here goes.
    I have moved to a new hosting and am install 1.5.0 to move my old carts into before I upgrade. Issue, I can not get zc_install to launch.

Error 404 - Not Found

The document you are looking for may have been removed or re-named. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.\

php-cgi
    printenv
    test-cgi

He say the file it is looking for is not in their, Nearly every one of my backed up cart have the same 3 files in the cgi-bin folder so I'm not so sure of what file he is talking about. Not sure he does either.

So I'm not sure what could be the problem. just know in all the years I have never had so much problems get a cart to launch the install program.

Ideas?????
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

HI,

Error 404 - Not Found

php-cgi
    printenv
    test-cgi

Ideas?????
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

HI,

Error 404 - Not Found

php-cgi
    printenv
    test-cgi

Ideas?????
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: zc_install won't start 404 error

There's no cgi-bin folder associated with a stock installation of Zencart.

A 404 error is pretty specific - it says the file you're trying to access doesn't exist where you pointed your browser. If you're getting the 404 when you point your browser to www.yoursite.com, either the zc_install folder isn't there, or there are files missing.

Did you realize you posted your question four times ?

Plugin Contributions

HI Stevesh,
    How have you been?!! Well I hope. Just finishing up with a nasty virus that is going around. Kicked me around pretty good for 3 weeks. And No, I did not realize it posted 4 times, LOL. Was have problem with the website for a time. Kept getting a server disconnect error for a few hours. First time for that.
    Here is what is going on Steve. I have move my hosting to a new company, Shared server too VPS service on another company completely. FTP backed up all the sites. SQL exported all the DBs.
    After following Docs link to restore the sites on the new server. Trying to install new carts to work with.
    Even to be sure I just down loaded the cart again from ZC and reinstalled it to my domain
    With this error if I don't get the plain 404 error. *******************************
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Setting in the file manager you can see the files.

The one thing that is different on this hosting server compared to my old one the domains on the old service were each off the root unless they were a sub domain. This one all the domains are in a public_html folder. Different.
    Not sure where to take it from here never had a problem launching the install program. ???? Just weird.
    Mark
    Last edited by maperr55; 13 Oct 2013 at 08:12 PM.

Plugin Contributions

HI Stevesh,
    Tracked down the problem. An htaccess file move from the old hosting was not allowing any PHP files to run.
    Hope I'm cooking with gas now.
    Thanks all
    Mark

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Tip: when moving from an old server to a new one, do a *fresh* install of Zen Cart on the new server *before* copying any files from the old server:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...fferent-server

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.