Plugin Contributions

Default Adding Google Translate Widget to website not working - "Breaking" layout

Hello to all my fellow Zen Cart people,

I am trying to add the Google Translate Widget to my companies test website. The website www.scpcat5e.com/testsite. Once you load the page you will see the Google Translate widget load up in the header. Once you select a language for the widget to translate the body text to it "breaks" the layout of the website.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Simon Lacey

ZenCart V1.5 - No Upgrade
    Hosted @ Geekhost
    PHP Version: 5.3.27 (Zend: 2.3.0)
    Database: MySQL 5.1.70-cll
    Used Theme as starting point

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding Google Translate Widget to website not working - "Breaking" layout

Looks OK to me in all three languages, as much as I can see of it, anyway, since it's Down For Maintenance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding Google Translate Widget to website not working - "Breaking" layout

If you go to www.ackuna.com you can find their service "Translate This" at the bottom right of the homepage. Basically, they pay for the google api and provide the same service for free. Translate this will let your users see your website in different languages.

Plugin Contributions

Steve, I apologize about that, I had to make our test site "Down for Maintenance" because I do not want Google to search it. Maybe you know of a better way and if so I would love to hear it so I can implement it. If you want and have the time I can add your ip address to the allowed visitors so you can view the site.
    As far as the Google "breaking the site" problem I have figured out the problem and come up with a solution. I am re-coding some of the pages with each paragraph embedded in the <span> tags. That seems to work with no unintended modifications to the website layout.
    Now I have a new "problem". After I select a different langugage using the Google Translate Widget it changes some text that does not need to be changed (ie a website link). I have logged into the Google Admin and tried adding Glossaries and Corrections to those particular words but nothing is working. I am hoping somebody has a solution.
    Thank you for your response!
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

As an fyi figured out the fix for some of it. As far as website links or any text you want unchanged place the text in a <span class="notranslate">www.website.com<span> tag. Now I just have to figure out how to get the Google Translate to actually use the corrections and glossary terms I add. Simon

Plugin Contributions

Merkl, I appreciate your response. What does "they pay for the google api" mean and what does this accomplish?
    Thank you, Simon.