Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Free shipping plus options?

Hello,

I would like to offer free media mail shipping plus give the customer the option to upgrade to first class or priority mail. Right now with free shipping turned on all other options disappear. I am using the USPS mod and would really like to stay away from zones if possible. Can this be done?

Thank you for any help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping plus options?

What are the conditions of Free Media Mail ... and type of constraints on the Products or just always offer Free Media as a choice?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh,

Spend x amount of money get free media mail shipment in the USA. No other constraints I can think of.

Plugin Contributions

What are you trying to use now for Free Shipping?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

admin/modules/shipping/freeoptions

Plugin Contributions

Have you an example Ship From, Ship To and weight for this that I can test the changes needed to make this happen?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Shipping can be anywhere in the USA... say North Attleboro, MA 02760 shipped to Beverly Hills, CA 90210. The weight will always be different so how about 1.5 pounds as an average. I think this is what you are asking me?

Plugin Contributions

This is what FedEx and USPS shows at 1.5 lbs ...
    Code:
    FedEx (1 x 1.50lbs) (First Overnight) $56.36
    FedEx (1 x 1.50lbs) (Priority Overnight) $26.52
    FedEx (1 x 1.50lbs) (Standard Overnight) $23.54
    FedEx (1 x 1.50lbs) (Fedex 2 Day) $14.53
    FedEx (1 x 1.50lbs) (Fedex Express Saver) $13.65
    FedEx (1 x 1.50lbs) (Fedex Ground (1 day)) $6.76
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Media Mail®) $2.98
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail™ Flat Rate Envelope (1-day)) $5.60
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail™ Legal Flat Rate Envelope (1-day)) $5.75
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail™ (1-day)) $5.80
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail™ Small Flat Rate Box (1-day)) $5.80
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Standard Post® (4 - 7 days)) $5.80
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail™ Padded Flat Rate Envelope (1-day)) $5.95
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail™ Medium Flat Rate Box (1-day)) $12.35
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail™ Large Flat Rate Box (1-day)) $16.85
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail Express™ (1-day)) $18.10
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail Express™ Flat Rate Envelope (1-day)) $19.95
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail Express™ Legal Flat Rate Envelope (1-day)) $19.95
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail Express™ Flat Rate Boxes (1-day)) $39.95
    What do you want to see differently on these costs?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    This is what FedEx and USPS shows at 1.5 lbs ...
    Code:
    FedEx (1 x 1.50lbs) (First Overnight) $56.36
    FedEx (1 x 1.50lbs) (Priority Overnight) $26.52
    FedEx (1 x 1.50lbs) (Standard Overnight) $23.54
    FedEx (1 x 1.50lbs) (Fedex 2 Day) $14.53
    FedEx (1 x 1.50lbs) (Fedex Express Saver) $13.65
    FedEx (1 x 1.50lbs) (Fedex Ground (1 day)) $6.76
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Media Mail®) $2.98
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail™ Flat Rate Envelope (1-day)) $5.60
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail™ Legal Flat Rate Envelope (1-day)) $5.75
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail™ (1-day)) $5.80
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail™ Small Flat Rate Box (1-day)) $5.80
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Standard Post® (4 - 7 days)) $5.80
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail™ Padded Flat Rate Envelope (1-day)) $5.95
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail™ Medium Flat Rate Box (1-day)) $12.35
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail™ Large Flat Rate Box (1-day)) $16.85
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail Express™ (1-day)) $18.10
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail Express™ Flat Rate Envelope (1-day)) $19.95
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail Express™ Legal Flat Rate Envelope (1-day)) $19.95
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (1 lbs, 8 oz) (Priority Mail Express™ Flat Rate Boxes (1-day)) $39.95
    What do you want to see differently on these costs?
    Okay, I'm confused! I am trying to have free media shipping in the USA when a customer orders a certain dollar amount but still give the customer the choice to upgrade to First Class or Priority. Right now all other shipping choices disappear when free shipping is turned on. I don't understand what you are asking me about the costs.

Plugin Contributions

I am saying, without any changes, FedEx and USPS show all of those shipping costs for an order that is 1.5lbs ...

What are you wanting to see that is different?

I am guessing that when you say "free media shipping" you are referring to the USPS Media Mail ... but perhaps we are not using the same terms ...

I do not know what FedEx methods you are using for shipping quotes ...

I have turned on FedEx and all shipping methods ...

I have turned on USPS and all shipping methods ...

From those, what are you really using for FedEx ...

From those, what are you really using for USPS ...

And do you only use USPS for Domestic based on a zone? Or do you also use USPS for International shipping as well ...

I am not able to build a customized environment for the Shipping Costs if we are not setup the same way for me to check the shipping costs from these two shipping modules and then if I do not know what you see without customizations to either FedEx and USPS shipping modules and then what you want to see differently ...

You also mentioned you are using Free Shipping Options freeoptions but then you said:
    Right now with free shipping turned on all other options disappear
    which sounds like if you were to look in Modules ... Order Totals ... Shipping ot_shipping you have setup Free Shipping in there ... if so, turn that off as it will goober up your shipping right from the git go .... once off, what do you see with FedEx, USPS and Free Shipping Options setup?

What are your settings on Free Shipping Options freeoptions ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast