Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How Do I Add A Text Box At The Bottom Of The Index Page?

Oops. Sorry. You also need to add another parenthesis before the SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP part:

<!--bof- banner #6 display -->
    <?php
    if ((SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET6 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET6)) && $this_is_home_page) {
    if ($banner->RecordCount() > 0) {
    ?>
    <div id="bannerSix" class="banners"><?php echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></div>
    <?php
    }
    }
    ?>
    <!--eof- banner #6 display -->

Plugin Contributions

That worked perfectly! Thanks so much!!

Plugin Contributions

I have another question along the same lines, so I'm going to ask it here rather than start a new thread.

On my client's zencart index page (http://www.carnal-pleasures.com/zencart/) I have columns on the left and the right, with book covers in the middle. That will work just fine for the index page. But on all subsequent pages (such as http://www.carnal-pleasures.com/zenc...roducts_id=432), she ONLY wants the left column to show up; she wants the center section to extend all the way to the right margin. How can I do that?

I'd swear I asked this question before, but since I can't find it anywhere in my history archives...can anyone please help me with this? Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

Look at your /includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php. Copy it to /your_template/common/ before making any changes.
    The comments at the top of the file describe how to turn off columns for various pages. In your case, you would want something like
    PHP Code:
    if (!$this_is_home_page) {

$flag_disable_right true;

The ! means "not", so if it is not the home page, the disable flag will be set.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I knew this sounded familiar.

I checked my includes\templates\pinkywinky\common\tpl_main_page.php file, and found the following code:

if (!$this_is_home_page) {
    $flag_disable_right = true; //turn off right column except on homepage
    }

So obviously I did modify this at some point. And I distinctly remember it working afterwards. But that being the case, why have the Bestseller and Information sideboxes reappeared on the secondary pages?

Plugin Contributions

I can't answer that. Either the flag is being reset to false somewhere later in your page processing (potentially even in a different file), or the check for it has been eliminated from your file where the right column is called for. The last possibility is that you aren't looking at the actual current server/template version of the file.

Are you certain the if() code is active and not commented out?

Plugin Contributions

This is the entire page:

<?php
    /**
    * Common Template - tpl_main_page.php
    * Governs the overall layout of an entire page<br />
    * Normally consisting of a header, left side column. center column. right side column and footer<br />
    * For customizing, this file can be copied to /templates/your_template_dir/pagename<br />
    * example: to override the privacy page<br />
    * - make a directory /templates/my_template/privacy<br />
    * - copy /templates/templates_defaults/common/tpl_main_page.php to /templates/my_template/privacy/tpl_main_page.php<br />
    * <br />
    * to override the global settings and turn off columns un-comment the lines below for the correct column to turn off<br />
    * to turn off the header and/or footer uncomment the lines below<br />
    * Note: header can be disabled in the tpl_header.php<br />
    * Note: footer can be disabled in the tpl_footer.php<br />
    * <br />
    * $flag_disable_header = true;<br />
    * $flag_disable_left = true;<br />
    * $flag_disable_right = true;<br />
    * $flag_disable_footer = true;<br />
    * <br />
    * // example to not display right column on main page when Always Show Categories is OFF<br />
    * <br />
    * if ($current_page_base == 'index' and $cPath == '') {<br />
    * }<br />
    * <br />
    * example to not display right column on main page when Always Show Categories is ON and set to categories_id 3<br />
    * <br />
    * if ($current_page_base == 'index' and $cPath == '' or $cPath == '3') {<br />
    * }<br />
    * @package templateSystem
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2007 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version $Id: tpl_main_page.php 7085 2007-09-22 04:56:31Z ajeh $
    */

// the following IF statement can be duplicated/modified as needed to set additional flags
    if (COWOA_SIDEBOX_OFF == 'true') {
    if (in_array($current_page_base,explode(",",'no_account,create_account,account,acco unt_password,account_edit,address_book,account_history_info,account_newsletters, account_notifications,account_history,login,logoff,checkout_shipping,checkout_sh ipping_address,checkout_payment,checkout_payment_address,checkout_confirmation,c heckout_process,shopping_cart,address_book_process')) ) {
    $flag_disable_right = true;
    $flag_disable_left = true;
    }
    if (!$this_is_home_page) {
    $flag_disable_right = true; //turn off right column except on homepage
    }
    }

$header_template = 'tpl_header.php';
    $footer_template = 'tpl_footer.php';
    $left_column_file = 'column_left.php';
    $right_column_file = 'column_right.php';
    $body_id = ($this_is_home_page) ? 'indexHome' : str_replace('_', '', $_GET['main_page']);
    ?>
    <body id="<?php echo $body_id . 'Body'; ?>"<?php if($zv_onload !='') echo ' onload="'.$zv_onload.'"'; ?>>
    <?php
    if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET1 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET1)) {
    ?>
    <div id="bannerOne" class="banners"><?php echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></div>
    <?php
    }
    }
    ?>

<div id="mainWrapper">
    <?php
    /**
    * prepares and displays header output
    */
    if (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == 1 && CUSTOMERS_AUTHORIZATION_HEADER_OFF == 'true' and ($_SESSION['customers_authorization'] != 0 or $_SESSION['customer_id'] == '')) {
    $flag_disable_header = true;
    }
    require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_header.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_header.php');?>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" id="contentMainWrapper">
    <tr>
    <?php
    if (COLUMN_LEFT_STATUS == 0 || (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '1' and $_SESSION['customer_id'] == '') || (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == 1 && CUSTOMERS_AUTHORIZATION_COLUMN_LEFT_OFF == 'true' and ($_SESSION['customers_authorization'] != 0 or $_SESSION['customer_id'] == ''))) {
    // global disable of column_left
    $flag_disable_left = true;
    }
    if (!isset($flag_disable_left) || !$flag_disable_left) {
    ?>

<td id="navColumnOne" class="columnLeft" style="width: <?php echo COLUMN_WIDTH_LEFT; ?>">
    <?php
    /**
    * prepares and displays left column sideboxes
    */
    ?>
    <div id="navColumnOneWrapper" style="width: <?php echo BOX_WIDTH_LEFT; ?>"><?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory('column_left.php')); ?></div></td>
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    <td valign="top">
    <!-- bof breadcrumb -->
    <?php if (DEFINE_BREADCRUMB_STATUS == '1' || (DEFINE_BREADCRUMB_STATUS == '2' && !$this_is_home_page) ) { ?>
    <div id="navBreadCrumb"><?php echo $breadcrumb->trail(BREAD_CRUMBS_SEPARATOR); ?></div>
    <?php } ?>
    <!-- eof breadcrumb -->

<?php
    if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET3 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET3)) {
    ?>
    <div id="bannerThree" class="banners"><?php echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></div>
    <?php
    }
    }
    ?>

<!-- bof upload alerts -->
    <?php if ($messageStack->size('upload') > 0) echo $messageStack->output('upload'); ?>
    <!-- eof upload alerts -->

<?php
    /**
    * prepares and displays center column
    */
    require($body_code); ?>

<?php
    if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET4 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET4)) {
    ?>
    <div id="bannerFour" class="banners"><?php echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></div>
    <?php
    }
    }
    ?></td>

<?php
    //if (COLUMN_RIGHT_STATUS == 0 || (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '1' and $_SESSION['customer_id'] == '') || (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == 1 && CUSTOMERS_AUTHORIZATION_COLUMN_RIGHT_OFF == 'true' && $_SESSION['customers_authorization'] != 0)) {
    if (COLUMN_RIGHT_STATUS == 0 || (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '1' and $_SESSION['customer_id'] == '') || (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == 1 && CUSTOMERS_AUTHORIZATION_COLUMN_RIGHT_OFF == 'true' and ($_SESSION['customers_authorization'] != 0 or $_SESSION['customer_id'] == ''))) {
    // global disable of column_right
    $flag_disable_right = true;
    }
    if (!isset($flag_disable_right) || !$flag_disable_right) {
    ?>
    <td id="navColumnTwo" class="columnRight" style="width: <?php echo COLUMN_WIDTH_RIGHT; ?>">
    <?php
    /**
    * prepares and displays right column sideboxes
    */
    ?>
    <div id="navColumnTwoWrapper" style="width: <?php echo BOX_WIDTH_RIGHT; ?>"><?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory('column_right.php')); ?></div></td>
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    </tr>
    </table>

<?php
    /**
    * prepares and displays footer output
    */
    if (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == 1 && CUSTOMERS_AUTHORIZATION_FOOTER_OFF == 'true' and ($_SESSION['customers_authorization'] != 0 or $_SESSION['customer_id'] == '')) {
    $flag_disable_footer = true;
    }
    require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_footer.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_footer.php');
    ?>

</div>
    <!--bof- parse time display -->
    <?php
    if (DISPLAY_PAGE_PARSE_TIME == 'true') {
    ?>
    <div class="smallText center">Parse Time: <?php echo $parse_time; ?> - Number of Queries: <?php echo $db->queryCount(); ?> - Query Time: <?php echo $db->queryTime(); ?></div>
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    <!--eof- parse time display -->
    <!--bof- banner #6 display -->
    <?php
    if ((SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET6 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET6)) && $this_is_home_page) {
    ?>
    <div id="bannerSix" class="banners"><?php echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></div>
    <?php
    }
    }
    ?>
    <!--eof- banner #6 display -->
    </body>

Plugin Contributions

I don't see anything that would let the right column show outside the homepage; any failing code would only shut off the right column.

Try searching for $flag_disable_right in Tools > Developers Toolkit, and report back any possibly meaningful instances you find.

Plugin Contributions

/home/carnal1/public_html/zencart/includes/modules/pages/customers_authorization/header_php.php
    Line #28 : if (CUSTOMERS_AUTHORIZATION_COLUMN_RIGHT_OFF == 'true') $flag_disable_right = true;

/home/carnal1/public_html/zencart/includes/modules/pages/down_for_maintenance/header_php.php
    Line #13 : if (DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE_COLUMN_RIGHT_OFF == 'true') $flag_disable_right = true;

/home/carnal1/public_html/zencart/includes/modules/pages/page/header_php.php
    Line #152 : if (in_array($ezpage_id, explode(",",EZPAGES_DISABLE_RIGHTCOLUMN_DISPLAY_LIST)) || strstr(EZPAGES_DISABLE_RIGHTCOLUMN_DISPLAY_LIST,'*')) $flag_disable_right = true;

/home/carnal1/public_html/zencart/includes/modules/pages/payer_auth_frame/header_php.php
    Line #24 : $flag_disable_right = TRUE;

Plugin Contributions

Okay, nothing that could set the flag to false. I officially have no idea what could be causing the behavior other than the possibilities I first mentioned (or an admin setting).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast