Plugin Contributions

Default blocking new users from registering with certain email providers

I have a problem with netzero, juno, att and pacbell refusing emails from us. When someone registers, our registration email, order updates, etc bounces back as being rejected.

Is there a hack to block people with these email providers from signing up and forcing them to use another email provider they may have like yahoo?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: blocking new users from registering with certain email providers

I doubt that blocking customers is part of your business plan!

Sounds like your mail server or domain is on some blacklist that these ISPs subscribe to. You need to find out why the emails are getting bounced and get it fixed.
    This took a second to find:
    http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Rarely someone uses netzero or juno but when they do, they moan and moan about not getting emails. I don't care about netzero and juno. the customers who use that are cheap in the beginning so i'd rather not even have them. so your answer has nothing to do with the question.

the question was is there a mod to block certain mail isps. thanks.

Plugin Contributions

The answer is 'no', there is no such mod. IMO, you should pay attention to the advice you got from torvista, if for no other reason than to find out why your server is on some blacklist or another.

I'm not sure why people who use free email services like Juno or Netzero are 'cheap', but those who use other free email services like Yahoo and Hotmail are not.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    Sounds like your mail server or domain is on some blacklist that these ISPs subscribe to. You need to find out why the emails are getting bounced and get it fixed.
    Actually, It has nothing to do with being Blacklisted but I do not have a solution other than placing a statement on the Payment page that indicates no order confirmation emails will be received if the customer's email provider requires a response to "Challenge" emails.

There are some of those services, Earthlink being one, that have email account setup options to reject email until the sender responds to their automated "Challenge" email. That makes automated account creation, welcome, order confirmations, etal fail every time since we do not manually respond to those "Challenge" emails.

Those same people who use Earthlink and similar also refuse to whitelist those domains with whom they place legitimate orders.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com