Plugin Contributions

Default v151 - Add Product Description to Admin [NEW ORDER] Confirmation Email

I would like to know how to add the product description to the admin confirmation email.

Currently my template looks like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 2.35.56 PM.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	13319

I would like to include the description so I can see exactly the terms of their order. I put in custom info in the description.
    I am using a custom template.

Thanks!
    Kim

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: v151 - Add Product Description to Admin [NEW ORDER] Confirmation Email

Hi there. I'm still looking for help with this. Is there maybe a plugin I could us? Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: v151 - Add Product Description to Admin [NEW ORDER] Confirmation Email

Last edited by stevesh; 23 Nov 2013 at 08:48 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I tried adding this, but it failed:

Code:
    '<td class="product-details" valign="top">' . nl2br($this->products[$i]['name']) . ($this->products[$i]['model'] != '' ? ' (' . nl2br($this->products[$i]['model']) . ') ' : '') . "\n" .
          zen_clean_html(zen_get_products_description(zen_get_prid($this->products[$i]['id']))) . "\n" .
          '<nobr>' .

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I didn't notice how old that thread is. Post #13 has more detailed instructions, but the line numbers don't coincide with the 1.5.1 version of that file, so I don't know if it will work with the current version or not. I'll give it a try when I get a minute.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Sorry, I didn't notice how old that thread is. Post #13 has more detailed instructions, but the line numbers don't coincide with the 1.5.1 version of that file, so I don't know if it will work with the current version or not. I'll give it a try when I get a minute.
    Great thank you so much!!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Stevesh, Any luck?

Plugin Contributions

This adds the product description to both the customer and admin order confirmation emails, the invoice and packing slip.

Run this in the Install SQL Patches in Admin - Tools:

alter table orders_products add column products_description text NOT NULL;

Then unzip the attached file, change the 'admin' to the name of your admin folder and drag and drop both folders to the root directory of your store.

All the files involved in this are core files and can't be overridden. If you have already made changes to any of these files, you'll have to merge your changes with mine.

For some reason, the original author of these edits decided to replace the model number with the product description, so you won't have that number in your emails, invoices or packing slips. I'm going to take another run at this to see if I'm coder enough to restore the model numbers.

description.zip

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    This adds the product description to both the customer and admin order confirmation emails, the invoice and packing slip.

Run this in the Install SQL Patches in Admin - Tools:

alter table orders_products add column products_description text NOT NULL;

Then unzip the attached file, change the 'admin' to the name of your admin folder and drag and drop both folders to the root directory of your store.

All the files involved in this are core files and can't be overridden. If you have already made changes to any of these files, you'll have to merge your changes with mine.

For some reason, the original author of these edits decided to replace the model number with the product description, so you won't have that number in your emails, invoices or packing slips. I'm going to take another run at this to see if I'm coder enough to restore the model numbers.

description.zip
    Hi Stevesh,

I followed everything here, but it only places text at the top, it doesn't include the description. Here's what the invoice looks like:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 1.07.05 PM.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	14214

Plugin Contributions

Ok I got an order that came through with the description (YAY!!) but the formatting is a little off. Could I fix that somewhere?