Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default FEDEX Web Services problem

Hello, all ... hope someone can help with this or provide a lead. Trying to get the Numinix FedEx Web Services add on working on our WAMP server (PHP 5.3.4, Zencart 1.3.9h). Have installed according to the instructions and configured with our test FedEX account number & meter number, with FedEx Ground enabled. However, nothing seems to happen when trying to get a shipping estimate, nothing shows up for FedEx but UPS and USPS calculations still display. No error show up, and no logs are created.

Have searched the forum for possible solutions, but haven't found anything quite like this.

I did notice that when configuring this that the active module icon was green going in, but as soon as UPDATE was clicked it went yellow, and stayed that way, but don't see anything that would cause it in the configuration. Was wondering if the problem had something to do with SOAP, but found several SOAP extensions active in the php.ini for WAMP, don't know of what to look for specifically though.

Any input gratefully accepted, and thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FEDEX Web Services problem

First as a general statement it is always best to have the most recent version of zencart right now it is 1.5.1.

That being you need to make sure your zones are properly defined, have you tried using the debug tool, sometimes there is one in the modules? othertimes it is in the code and you just need to uncomment them. Most of the time I have had issues with this mod are because 1.) Soap isn't enabled, 2.) Credentials are wrong/incorrect, 3.) The shipping module isn't configure with the zones correctly or 4.) the sort orders are not different (and non zero).

Are you also using Numinix's shipping boxes manager?

Plugin Contributions

Hello, bislewl, thanks for taking an interest.

Quote Originally Posted by bislewl View Post
    First as a general statement it is always best to have the most recent version of zencart right now it is 1.5.1.
    Understood, and we currently have a project going to upgrade the shops. However, we also understand this add on should work with most Zencart versions.

That being you need to make sure your zones are properly defined, have you tried using the debug tool, sometimes there is one in the modules? othertimes it is in the code and you just need to uncomment them. Most of the time I have had issues with this mod are because 1.) Soap isn't enabled, 2.) Credentials are wrong/incorrect, 3.) The shipping module isn't configure with the zones correctly or 4.) the sort orders are not different (and non zero).
    We use only 1 zone, that being DOMESTIC and it has been in use for some time in the shipping and payment modules. Unfortunately there is no debug mode for this add on. It may may be that SOAP isn't enabled, but as I said, all the SOAP extensions in the php.ini are in place, and if there's another place I should check I would do so, if I were smart enough :) ... the DOMESTIC zone is used in the configuration. I did not specify a sort order for this add on so it defaulted to 0 and so do other shipping modules. So I changed the sort order value to be unique, but that did not seem to make a difference, the activation icon was still yellow and no FedEx shipping cost showed up in the shipping estimate. However, in the course of checking on this, I wound up on the check out shipping page, and there was a messge that "Sorry, the FedEx.com server is currently not responding, please try again later." indicating that the module is at least a bit alive.
    Are you also using Numinix's shipping boxes manager?
    No, is that a requirement for this module?

Plugin Contributions

Shipping boxes manager is not required.

Ok, if you open up the code there are debugging lines commented out.

Which version of the FEDEX wsdl are you using?
    it would say something like
    \includes\modules\shipping\fedexwebservices\wsdl\RateService_V13.wsdl

Plugin Contributions

The install instructions are pretty emphatic "Do not replace the WSDL in the package with the one provided by FedEx. This mod is written specifically for the Rate Services v10 WSDL". In this case, I followed the instructions ...

Plugin Contributions

The WSDL name is RateService_v10.wsdl and in the code the targetNamespace is http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v10 ... using that URL in Firefox comes up with a page not found. Could that be why the activation icon is yellow, along with nothing else happening except the "Sorry, the FedEx.com server is currently not responding, please try again later." error? I don't find anything in the code that looks like debug code ... should I be looking in fedexwebservices.php instead? And so where can I get the current RateService WSDL?

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem with this module... The only difference is that in my configuration module the icon is green instead of yellow, so that mean it should be working...

In the settings, the FedEx Ground and International Economy are both enabled. I double checked the rest of the settings to make sure I am not missing anything else.

During my testing, I've noticed that only the International Economy is working while no result from the FedEx Ground while the USPS module works.

So..... for now I rolled back to the old version (I know it is a bad idea) for now since I know it works.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by belgariad View Post
    I have the same problem with this module... The only difference is that in my configuration module the icon is green instead of yellow, so that mean it should be working...

In the settings, the FedEx Ground and International Economy are both enabled. I double checked the rest of the settings to make sure I am not missing anything else.

During my testing, I've noticed that only the International Economy is working while no result from the FedEx Ground while the USPS module works.

So..... for now I rolled back to the old version (I know it is a bad idea) for now since I know it works.
    Please make sure you are using version 1.4.9 or higher. The latest version is available on Numinix.com and awaiting approval on Zen-Cart.com.

Plugin Contributions

I've downloaded the latest version from Numinix.com and installed it. Same problem...

Doubled checked the configuration / settings... I even uninstalled it and manually looked into the database to validate all of the rows in the table "Configuration" are gone and re-install it again. Still same problem.

The icon is green which indicate to me that everything should be functioning. The International Economy works while FedEx Ground does not (USPS is the only results I get).

Rolled back to the old version...

Plugin Contributions

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to figure out the problem with this FedEx Web Service plugin and still can't figure out why it is not working. Has anyone encountered the same problem as me?

Would like to upgrade to the latest version, but still have to use the old version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast