Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Standard Need some major Help

I have been looking all over the forums for a answer to this but I have not found it.

When selecting paypal Standard payment at check out the confirm Order button is disappearing. It's really odd if I add each item all by itself using the customers address the button is there as I add extra items to it the button is disappearing.

My error log says
    [10-Nov-2013 12:51:31] PHP Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/hfxracin/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_functions.php on line 919

The products that I have found the issue with so far are:
    DIEN6488-4 Qty 1
    DIEN6488-6 Qty 1

After adding this second item the button will disappear. I am not sure where the problem is or if it is effecting other items on my cart.
    www.hfxracing.com is the site

All help is welcomed

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Standard Need some major Help

Since I posted this I uploaded all new paypal files from the the 1.51 core download. Then uninstalled the standard payment module then re installed it set it all up & verified that the token IPN handler & re-direct back to my site was correct to the proper configuration but if still a no go.
    I installed express checkout for testing & set that up I then have no issues so it's not the items. I like the detailed list of items the standard module sends to paypal that is why I am using it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

sorry this will fix the standard correct?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hfxracing View Post
    sorry this will fix the standard correct?
    Sorry, but if you clicked the link you wouldn't have a need to ask this question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CHANGE-605 - Fix error in PayPal Standard

Plugin Contributions

PHP Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_functions.php on line 919

The link points to github Change 605 where this is posted:

replace this line:
    $this->zcLog('getLineItemDetails 6', 'Discounts have caused the subtotal to calculate incorrectly. Line-item-details cannot be submitted.' . "\nBefore:" . print_r($pre, TRUE) . "\nAfter:" . print_r(array_merge($optionsST, $optionsLI), true));

with this line:
    ipn_logging('getLineItemDetails 6', 'Discounts have caused the subtotal to calculate incorrectly. Line-item-details cannot be submitted.' . "\nBefore:" . print_r($pre, TRUE) . "\nAfter:" . print_r(array_merge($optionsST, $optionsLI), true));

which looking through the code may be missing $ in front of ipn_logging, or it may not be - some references of ipn_logging have the $ some don't.

Even with the $ added this does not resolve the disappearing Confirm the Order button error for PayPal Standard. All other payment modules are working properly.
    Last edited by twitchtoo; 23 Feb 2015 at 09:06 PM.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Correction... the entire /includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_functions.php needs it's calls to ipn_logging updated from $ipn_logging to ipn_logging without the $

FIX - Remove the $ from all instances of ipn_logging and Confirm the Order button has returned and processes correctly to PayPal.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    PHP Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_functions.php on line 919

The link points to github Change 605 where this is posted:

replace this line:
    $this->zcLog('getLineItemDetails 6', 'Discounts have caused the subtotal to calculate incorrectly. Line-item-details cannot be submitted.' . "\nBefore:" . print_r($pre, TRUE) . "\nAfter:" . print_r(array_merge($optionsST, $optionsLI), true));

with this line:
    ipn_logging('getLineItemDetails 6', 'Discounts have caused the subtotal to calculate incorrectly. Line-item-details cannot be submitted.' . "\nBefore:" . print_r($pre, TRUE) . "\nAfter:" . print_r(array_merge($optionsST, $optionsLI), true));

which looking through the code may be missing $ in front of ipn_logging, or it may not be - some references of ipn_logging have the $ some don't.

Even with the $ added this does not resolve the disappearing Confirm the Order button error for PayPal Standard. All other payment modules are working properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    Correction... the entire /includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_functions.php needs it's calls to ipn_logging updated from $ipn_logging to ipn_logging without the $

FIX - Remove the $ from all instances of ipn_logging and Confirm the Order button has returned and processes correctly to PayPal.
    Yes, in v1.5.4 the only place where the $ is mistakenly in front of ipn_logging() is on line 919 of paypal_functions.php (other references are commented-out lines, so not relevant)
    And that would only ever trigger an error if using the PayPal Standard module instead of the recommended PayPal Express Checkout module.
    Thanks. Will report it as a bug.

So, solution is either: use Express Checkout (recommended fix), or make the small coding change.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.