Plugin Contributions

Default 139 paypal express check out final check out page "blank"

In the last couple of days, paypal express checkout is not working properly. Final check out page turns blank.

I notice the paypal express checkout page format has changed. Is there recent change on the paypal end that may have effected my zencart version?

I also restored the data base prior to the last transaction, that didn't fix the problem unfortunately.

What could be the problem? Where should I begin to debug?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 139 paypal express check out final check out page "blank"

Quote Originally Posted by imen View Post
    In the last couple of days, paypal express checkout is not working properly. Final check out page turns blank.

I notice the paypal express checkout page format has changed. Is there recent change on the paypal end that may have effected my zencart version?

I also restored the data base prior to the last transaction, that didn't fix the problem unfortunately.

Thanks!
    I have same problems with you,
    it works prefect with USPS shipping, but not international ( the quotation cannot show)
    So, I changed configuration, Now Customers call office and say when they checkout, it will show blank page.
    And the shipping estimator not work.

It also could be the Zone Setting problem, each time I changed Zones, there will be something wrong with shipping,
    I do want to know how to fix that.

Plugin Contributions

Imen, you stated the ZenCart checkout page is turning blank what template files or plug ins have you added/changed recently?

Hunteryz, if USPS is getting all of the information it needs to process correctly, and pass that on to PayPal... if you are logging errors you may find one that mentions what field data is missing.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    Imen, you stated the ZenCart checkout page is turning blank what template files or plug ins have you added/changed recently?

Hunteryz, if USPS is getting all of the information it needs to process correctly, and pass that on to PayPal... if you are logging errors you may find one that mentions what field data is missing.
    Thank you for reply,
    Sometimes USPS can show international shipping rate( this is what we need in the future),
    but can not pass the shipping rate to PayPal,
    The domestic shipping rate cannot show at all, sometimes blank,
    and when I add definition zones on USPS, the shipping estimator gone!
    I try to find log file, but I did not find it.( I am new)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hunteryz View Post
    Thank you for reply,
    Sometimes USPS can show international shipping rate( this is what we need in the future),
    but can not pass the shipping rate to PayPal,
    The domestic shipping rate cannot show at all, sometimes blank,
    and when I add definition zones on USPS, the shipping estimator gone!
    I try to find log file, but I did not find it.( I am new)
    So, assuming when you said you are new, that you have then installed version 1.5.1 or higher of Zen Cart. Error log files (if permissions to the directory allow writing) are in the stores directory, sub-folder logs. Error logs are typically created in ZC when a blank page is displayed. The host may have also captured one or more errors in their log files (different path setup by web host).

I'm also guessing (assuming) that you have the latest USPS module installed (July 30th J5 I think was the version). There have been some changes in the process that have effected some having the older USPS version(s) installed.

The shipping rate should eventually be a part of the final price paid by the customer. What version of PayPal processing is being used? (Might make a difference)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by imen View Post

Thanks!
    Check your payPal settings regarding returning to the store after purchase and ipn handling. And then compare those settings with information in your Zen Cart setup, to be sure that things line up. Also be sure that any paths from payPal are directed at your current zC setup, not a previous one.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So, assuming when you said you are new, that you have then installed version 1.5.1 or higher of Zen Cart. Error log files (if permissions to the directory allow writing) are in the stores directory, sub-folder logs. Error logs are typically created in ZC when a blank page is displayed. The host may have also captured one or more errors in their log files (different path setup by web host).

I'm also guessing (assuming) that you have the latest USPS module installed (July 30th J5 I think was the version). There have been some changes in the process that have effected some having the older USPS version(s) installed.

The shipping rate should eventually be a part of the final price paid by the customer. What version of PayPal processing is being used? (Might make a difference)
    Hi, MC1-8
    The USPS version shows like

Line #2 : * USPS Module for Zen Cart v1.3.x thru v1.6

Line #3 : * USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 - January 28, 2013 Updates to: July 28, 2013 Version J

Line #10 : * @version $Id: usps.php 2013-07-28 ajeh $ Version J 2013-07-28

The PayPal is express checkout, The below is PayPal version what I find

@version $Id: paypalwpp.php 15623 2010-03-06 11:51:43Z drbyte $
    @version $Id: paypaldp.php 16075 2010-04-26 19:39:26Z drbyte $
    @version $Id: paypal.php 15555 2010-02-22 06:12:26Z drbyte $
    $Id: paypal.php 3016 2006-02-12 05:26:46Z ajeh $

The Zen Cart version is 1.3.9h, So I am thinking about update the zen cart version
    Or restore this store using 12/11/2013 back up, I download all the files via FTP,
    Want to make sure If I replace all the files by old one, that should work?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hunteryz View Post
    Hi, MC1-8
    The USPS version shows like

Line #2 : * USPS Module for Zen Cart v1.3.x thru v1.6

Line #3 : * USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 - January 28, 2013 Updates to: July 28, 2013 Version J

Line #10 : * @version $Id: usps.php 2013-07-28 ajeh $ Version J 2013-07-28

The PayPal is express checkout, The below is PayPal version what I find

@version $Id: paypalwpp.php 15623 2010-03-06 11:51:43Z drbyte $
    @version $Id: paypaldp.php 16075 2010-04-26 19:39:26Z drbyte $
    @version $Id: paypal.php 15555 2010-02-22 06:12:26Z drbyte $
    $Id: paypal.php 3016 2006-02-12 05:26:46Z ajeh $

The Zen Cart version is 1.3.9h, So I am thinking about update the zen cart version
    Or restore this store using 12/11/2013 back up, I download all the files via FTP,
    Want to make sure If I replace all the files by old one, that should work?
    Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. There is a lot of information to address:
    Version information: while useful to be contained in each file, it is not a guarantee that the version number seen is as old as it appears. It is unlikely to be older, but in an update, the header may not get updated by someone in the process: program author, the store owner, or an installer. Besides "knowing" what number is involved while "handy" doesn't really get the work of the program done. Could call it version -infinity, but if it does what it is supposed to/designed to do, then it is the right version. All that said: the best way to know if using the most up-to-date version is to download it and compare it's files to your existing files. If there is no program difference (ie only comments are different or tab spacing), then functionally they are the same. Of course keeping a good log is also a way to tell, but that information has not been presented in this discussion.

So, paypal and or usps updates, well usps seems to be close, I don't know if the latest version had comment changes to it, because I haven't gone to look to tell if it is individually documented as J5 or not.

Paypal, well, those dates seem pretty old, I thought that there was something more recent provided possibly in the forum... To that I am not sure.

Restoring a file backup from 11 Dec... So what happened on 11 Dec that required a backup? Was something installed? What was it? What files in common with the current problem were a part of that event? If you have that backup, may be worth comparing that backup with a backup of your current setup. (Don't forget if you try to restore that backup, to make a backup of the current setup in case it doesn't fix the problem identified, why lose even more time?)

Good that you use ftp, are you at least using one of the ZC suggested ftp applications?
    If you try to upload all of the old files, then yes, maybe it would fix the situation, but it may not if files causing troubles really should be removed/were not present during the last backup.

Whatever the case, as you go to repair your situation, just remain aware of what is being modified by the action you are taking and what other things still need to be done to get where you. To go (do what you want to do). Maybe make a list of the individual actions and as each is done cross it off (don't obliterate, just line through) and that way you will know what you did and did not do to repair the situation. It sounds like a lot of things are going on with your store. Personally, would go with the upgrade following the ZC instructions for upgrading. Prep whatever files you need to prep, backup whatever needed including the database. It would be a shame to spend too much time trying to resolve an old system problem if it is not an issue on a newer system and "loss" of eitherwas the same.

One thing to keep in mind, in the upgrade, if. Done properly the customer(s) will not see a real down time, sure may be good to place in maintenance mode for 10-15 minutes, do a quick test and then restore functionaliity) but all of the bugs should be worked out on the/a test site first.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. There is a lot of information to address:
    Version information: while useful to be contained in each file, it is not a guarantee that the version number seen is as old as it appears. It is unlikely to be older, but in an update, the header may not get updated by someone in the process: program author, the store owner, or an installer. Besides "knowing" what number is involved while "handy" doesn't really get the work of the program done. Could call it version -infinity, but if it does what it is supposed to/designed to do, then it is the right version. All that said: the best way to know if using the most up-to-date version is to download it and compare it's files to your existing files. If there is no program difference (ie only comments are different or tab spacing), then functionally they are the same. Of course keeping a good log is also a way to tell, but that information has not been presented in this discussion.

So, paypal and or usps updates, well usps seems to be close, I don't know if the latest version had comment changes to it, because I haven't gone to look to tell if it is individually documented as J5 or not.

Paypal, well, those dates seem pretty old, I thought that there was something more recent provided possibly in the forum... To that I am not sure.

Restoring a file backup from 11 Dec... So what happened on 11 Dec that required a backup? Was something installed? What was it? What files in common with the current problem were a part of that event? If you have that backup, may be worth comparing that backup with a backup of your current setup. (Don't forget if you try to restore that backup, to make a backup of the current setup in case it doesn't fix the problem identified, why lose even more time?)

Good that you use ftp, are you at least using one of the ZC suggested ftp applications?
    If you try to upload all of the old files, then yes, maybe it would fix the situation, but it may not if files causing troubles really should be removed/were not present during the last backup.

Whatever the case, as you go to repair your situation, just remain aware of what is being modified by the action you are taking and what other things still need to be done to get where you. To go (do what you want to do). Maybe make a list of the individual actions and as each is done cross it off (don't obliterate, just line through) and that way you will know what you did and did not do to repair the situation. It sounds like a lot of things are going on with your store. Personally, would go with the upgrade following the ZC instructions for upgrading. Prep whatever files you need to prep, backup whatever needed including the database. It would be a shame to spend too much time trying to resolve an old system problem if it is not an issue on a newer system and "loss" of eitherwas the same.

One thing to keep in mind, in the upgrade, if. Done properly the customer(s) will not see a real down time, sure may be good to place in maintenance mode for 10-15 minutes, do a quick test and then restore functionaliity) but all of the bugs should be worked out on the/a test site first.
    Thank you, MC
    You have good suggestions.
    The reason why I want to restore Dec 11 is Dec 11 all files works great PayPal and USPS can work prefect.
    update version also will be good option, You are right, you do not want to spend so much time on old version, I did seo ranking, online marketing, customer services, website optimization by myself.
    I will try update version first.