Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Attribute dropdowns suddenly stopped working

Hi folks, I hope you can help me. Suddenly my site has no dropdowns. The thumbnail images for the options are still there, but the dropdown menus are missing. The only thing I've changed recently was to add a new attribute and change the price of a few things, but everything seemed to work fine afterward. Then a day or two later, this happens. Any ideas?

-M

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute dropdowns suddenly stopped working

Anyone? I'm dead in the water over here.

-M

Plugin Contributions

As always, a link to the site might help us spot something.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
    Anyone? I'm dead in the water over here.

-M
    Personally, and based on the information provided, I couldn't tell you why that happened; however, it may help if you follow the Posting Tips guidelines that appear when in the Zen Cart 2013 template format of this forum:

Have you already posted about this issue? If so, DO NOT POST a duplicate. Instead, reply to your existing post, with MORE information.
    NOTE: When making a new post, be sure to include relevant information such as:
    • What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    • Has your site been upgraded? When? From what version(s)?
    • If you've upgraded, HOW did you upgrade? (official upgrade procedure or an automated script from your hosting company?)
    • What plugins/addons have you installed? When? If your problems are payment-related, what payment module(s) are you using? If it's shipping-related, which shipping module(s) are you using?
    • HOW did you install Zen Cart? (upload via FTP and run zc_install, or a one-click install from your hosting company? (one-click installs might mean you don't have enough information about your site/server to make customizations easily))
    • What version of PHP and MySQL is your server using? (See Admin->Tools->Server Info)
    • WHEN did the problem "start"? How does that compare with other events of your hosting company, changes you've made to your site files/addons, or your admin settings, etc?
    • If this is your first store, have you tested all aspects of transactions before going live?
    • In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install?
    • Please post your site URL* so we can take a look at it. This is especially important if you're encountering display/layout problems, so the problem can be seen directly.
    • If you're encountering problems that could be related to your server or hosting company, include the name of your hosting company (not their URL).
    • HAVE YOU LOOKED IN THE FAQ AREA for answers to your question? (ie: a search for your error message or what you want to edit/change, etc)
    • Have you searched the FORUM for your error message or for answers to the question you're asking?

Also read the "Before You Post" and "Forum Do's and Don'ts" to be sure you provide at least the basics of information in your post. The more detail you supply, the more likely you'll get a usable answer. If you don't give enough information then you'll likely just get a reply asking for more info, or worse: no reply at all. We'd rather give excellent answers than have to ask you more questions!

*NOTE: Search engines index this Zen Cart® support site very quickly. Posting your URL will cause your site and your post to show up in search engines. If you want to prevent that, put spaces between each letter of the domain name in your URL.

ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I'm using v1.3.9e. My host uses PHP 5.3 I believe.

Here's a link to the site- http://www.datamancer.com/cart/the-v...ard-p-209.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm doing some backups right now and might try using my host's backups or "domain restore" functions later, but I'm worried that might break it even more.

-M

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
    Sorry, I'm using v1.3.9e. My host uses PHP 5.3 I believe.

Here's a link to the site- http://www.datamancer.com/cart/the-v...ard-p-209.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm doing some backups right now and might try using my host's backups or "domain restore" functions later, but I'm worried that might break it even more.

-M
    And you've made no changes to your template nor to the associated CSS since you had last looked at/reviewed product pages?

Plugin Contributions

You've got something missing/in error after the div class="back" statement in your product template. There's no select name= code being applied for any of the items except the currency. So generally speaking dropdowns are still present and work, they just are not appearing where they would be desired... Personnally not sure how the pictures end up playing in the whole thing, but it seems that there is something astray with the template (or next I think would be a module associated with it).

Plugin Contributions

Looking further to where that code is brought out, it may seem that you have a bad tpl_modules_attributes.php file in either

/includes/templates/YOURCUSTOMTEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_attributes.php (if it is overridden) or:
    /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_attributes.php (if it is not overridden)

In either case, reupload the file that is in the applicable folder (Custom template overrides the default, so if you have/had such a file in your custom template folder, reupload it, otherwise reupload the file in your default template). To me, an upload gone wrong seems more likely than anything else...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much for the help, folks! I'll try that. I haven't uploaded or changed anything recently. The only changes I made were to add a few new attributes recently, and that was through the admin panel.

-M

Plugin Contributions

You rock! It seems to have fixed the issue. For some reason one of the attributes is displaying as a huge column of radio buttons rather than a drop-down, but aside from that, the rest seem to be working.

-M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast