Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Free Shipping Question

All of my products are set up as Free Shipping, but that applies to standard shipping. I would like to offer 2nd Day Air and that would incur a shipping rate, depending on number of items ordered.

I was going to do a test order and then on page 1 of 3 - Delivery Information, it says:

Shipping Method:

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

and the Free Shipping is enabled and I can't disable it, nor do I really want to. I just wanted to add the option of 2nd Day Air.

If it matters, I have set up Paypal Express Checkout, and Paypal is the only merchant account I am using.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping Question

What shipping module would you want to use with the current Free Shipping module?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    What shipping module would you want to use with the current Free Shipping module?
    My products are drop-shipped, but I have the option of offering 2nd day air. The price on that varies depending on the number of items purchased. I just enabled PayPal Express Checkout and I am looking to test a few pruchases.

Other than that, I don't know how to answer your question

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried instead of marking the Products as Always Free Shipping to use the shipping module for Free Shipping Options freeoptions and set the Total to >= 0 then the Item Rate item and set how much per item to charge?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried instead of marking the Products as Always Free Shipping to use the shipping module for Free Shipping Options freeoptions and set the Total to >= 0 then the Item Rate item and set how much per item to charge?
    First, I am NOT live yet. Do I need to be live before any of these shipping options will work?

I charge sales tax for orders shipping to Nevada. Is this the same as Tax Class? Right now I have UPS set up as:

Tax Class
    Taxable Goods

Tax Basis
    Shipping

Shipping Zone
    Nevada

Now when I do a test order, I am getting NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME, Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time.

Prior to making the change you suggested, when I did test orders I was on Always Free Shipping and the only option offered was COD. That was the only way I could complete a test order.

Now I have already signed up with PayPal Express and COD is no longer offered, and Free Shipping Options is Sort Order 1, UPS is sort order 2.

I am stopped immediately on Step 1 - Delivery Information, with the notation Not Available At This Time.

I hope I was clear with the above.

Plugin Contributions

If Products are marked Always Free Shipping or 0 weight and you have 0 weight defined as Free Shipping, then no other shipping methods show ...

If you want Free Shipping and UPS rates then you need weight on ALL Products and have them NOT marked as Always Free Shipping ...

Then, use the UPS shipping module and the Free Shipping Options freeoptions shipping module with Total >= 0 setup ...

Now, you will see both UPS and the Free Shipping Options freeoptions on all orders where UPS gives quotes based on weight and destination for the shipping methods you have selected ...

If you do not want to charge by weight but rather by Item count, then use Item Rate and set your Item Rate charge to calculate the amount being charged ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

If Products are marked Always Free Shipping or 0 weight and you have 0 weight defined as Free Shipping, then no other shipping methods show ...

If you want Free Shipping and UPS rates then you need weight on ALL Products and have them NOT marked as Always Free Shipping ...

Then, use the UPS shipping module and the Free Shipping Options free options shipping module with Total >= 0 setup ...

Now, you will see both UPS and the Free Shipping Options freeoptions on all orders where UPS gives quotes based on weight and destination for the shipping methods you have selected ...

If you do not want to charge by weight but rather by Item count, then use Item Rate and set your Item Rate charge to calculate the amount being charged ...
    I am trying to help with this but, I have never had to set up shipping at all, the store that used it set that up himself.

All others have been virtual downloads so no shipping necessary.

I set up the ups and shipping options mod see images for their settings

but where do I find Item Rate?

Attachment 13359Attachment 13360

Plugin Contributions

All shipping modules are in the Modules ... Shipping ... and you should see Per Item item in the list ... I sort of had the name a bit off ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

All shipping modules are in the Modules ... Shipping ... and you should see Per Item item in the list ... I sort of had the name a bit off ...
    ok yes I found that per item and set the settigs as such
    Enable Item Shipping
    Do you want to offer per item rate shipping?

True

Shipping Cost
    The shipping cost will be multiplied by the number of items in an order that uses this shipping method.

Handling Fee
    Handling fee for this shipping method.

Tax Class
    Use the following tax class on the shipping fee.
    taxable goods

Tax Basis
    On what basis is Shipping Tax calculated. Options are
    Shipping - Based on customers Shipping Address
    Billing Based on customers Billing address
    Store - Based on Store address if Billing/Shipping Zone equals Store zone

Shipping

Shipping Zone
    If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone.

none

Sort Order
    Sort order of display.

and this will set the shipping via 2nd day ups to be by the amount of iems..so if they buy 1 item then the fee will be whatever I write in ther but if they buy 3 items then they will get charged the feex3?

set the settings and no shipping shows then on next page I get this error:

Attachment 13361
    Last edited by DarkAngel; 16 Nov 2013 at 01:17 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Have you an URL to the Product that you are testing for the Order that we could perhaps peek at?
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast