Plugin Contributions

Default Shopping cart not allowing guests to add more than one product to their cart

I just figured out an issue on my newest store. Having a friend check out things for me, he was attempting to add multiple products to his cart without creating an account. What we found is that after adding a product to the cart, when we navigate to another product in the store and add it, the first product has disappeared from the shopping cart as if it wasn't added. I have searched for quite a while about it looking for an answer, but I cannot find the answer to fix this issue. I do not require customers to create an account to place an order, I allow checking out through Paypal as a guest. I believe this issue may be costing me sales and need to figure it out soon. Can someone please help me figure out why this is happening?

My website: https://raptor-svt.freedommotorsports.us

Thanks in advance for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shopping cart not allowing guests to add more than one product to their cart

It is picking up a new zenid after each add to cart?
    Thats why the previous products have disappeared, they now belong to a different session.
    No idea why however!
    btw: Is there a reason that you have ssl enabled for ALL of your website?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shopping cart not allowing guests to add more than one product to their cart

No, no reason other than I figured it was more secure and would make customers feel more secure

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I figured out that in "Configuration>Sessions>Recreate Session" was turned to false. After setting that to true I am now able to add multiple products to my cart. However, when I click the "Go to checkout" button at the bottom of the products list in my cart, while it sends me to the login page, when I use valid login credentials, I click login with those credentials, it sends me back to the shopping cart product listing without logging me into the store to make the purchase.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I am getting plenty of traffic and actually running a major sale right now and others using IE, some using Chrome and so forth aren't even making it to the cart. Who can I request help from to get this figured out for me. I am willing to pay a developer to come in and fix my issues

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I got this figured out. The issue with not allowing customers to add more than one product to the cart had to do with the session settings not being set to recreate the zen id when navigating throughout the site. As for the login issues, I am not sure exactly where he found it, but a friend that is an IT pro took a look through my includes folder and found that I had errors in there that had to do with something associated with the SSL certificate or something along those lines and that is now fixed as well. So mods can close this thread if they like